I enjoyed Eddie Griffin in UNDERCOVER BROTHER, but the man is just dead, unfunny weight here. Anna Friel is easy on the eyes and obviously tries hard with the script she’s given, which is unfortunately a recycled bowel movement smeared on paper. And I don’t know who this Monique lady is, but she is absolutely terrifying. I would flee the country too if she was looking for me.
To back up my rather harsh claims, here’s a list of things the filmmakers expect you to find funny:
- Old Irish people dress “gangsta” and speak ebonics! (It was so funny in BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE!)
- Old Japanese people dress “gangsta” and speak ebonics!
- Eddie Griffin accidentally eats a cockroach!
- Someone insinuates Eddie Griffin has a small penis!
- Someone splits his pants and you can actually see his undergarments!
- People have a food fight! (The food gets everywhere…who’s going to clean it all up?!?)
It’s not over yet. No, you also get a Theatrical Trailer and Previews for more shite.