BLU-RAY/DVD REVIEWS

003550Reviews & Counting
SEARCH BY TITLE # A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
Love Lies Bleeding
DVD disk
Jan 24, 2008 By: Quigles
Love Lies Bleeding order
Director:
Keith Samples

Actors:
Jenna Dewan
Brian Geraghty
Christian Slater

Rating:
Movie:
Extras:
Overall:

star Printer-Friendly version
comment
WHAT'S IT ABOUT?
A newlywed couple steals a bag full of money while a group of dirty cops attempt to reclaim it.
IS IT A GOOD MOVIE?
If there's a phrase I've always despised, it's, "I liked this movie better when it was called [insert film title here]." It's annoying, trite, and more often than not, a poor representation of the actual film. But with LOVE LIES BLEEDING, I've finally found a movie where the phrase is completely warranted. So with that, I feel no shame in saying, I liked this movie better when it was called TRUE ROMANCE. Because honest to God, it's the exact same f*cking movie. Or at least it would be if you were to strip away all of ROMANCE's originality, coherence, acting talent, and style. And to top it off, they've even got Christian Slater in a supporting role—I'm going to assume for irony purposes.

Had LOVES LIES BLEEDING not so clearly borrowed about 90% of its plot from TRUE ROMANCE, with the other 10% featuring minor changes such as the newly wed couple finding money instead of coke and the inclusion of two dunce cops (one of whom was probably listed as "Lesbian Psychologist Detective With Tendency For Repeating Self" in the script), then I probably wouldn't be critiquing it to such a harsh degree. After all, it's relatively low budget and the filmmakers clearly did the best they could with what they had. But really, none of that matters if the movie brings nothing new to the table, which this film clearly doesn't (nor does it, for that matter, bring much of anything to the table)... Unless of course seeing Christian Slater do his best Jack Nicholson impression does something for you.
THE EXTRAS
Special features include Deleted Scenes (17:00) and Previews.
FINAL DIAGNOSIS
Watch TRUE ROMANCE instead.
Strikeback
Not registered? Sign-up!
Or

JoBlo's T-Shirt Shoppe | support our site... Wear Our Gear!