PDA

View Full Version : John Rambo preview

Sheiza
05-19-2007, 11:09 AM
This is the preview of the new Rambo movie due 2008. It was sent to AICN by Stallone and it's the same one he is going to show at Cannes.

Since AICN is down for unknown reasons and you can't download the preview in QT format, here is the preview at You Tube.

The are some very extrem scenes in there so beware:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6i090FGzQ

Edit: It seems like AICN is back up....... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32721

ElderPredator
05-19-2007, 11:14 AM
HOLY FUCK! I've always been a huge Rambo fan and this looks like the best of all 4. The violence is kick-ass! :D

"When you're pushed, killing is as easy is breathing!" :cool:

Awesome line!

bubutthead
05-19-2007, 11:48 AM
i really cannot wait to see this...

ok so it doesnt look like it will be winning an academy award for dialogue....

but man...

that .50 cal blowing away the dude....yeah ill see this opening day...

(P.S. think he'll beat his "violence/kill-count" from Rambo 3?)

Backstabba
05-19-2007, 11:54 AM
WOW!

That looks.....
WOW!

I've never seen so much blood in a trailer and I LOVE IT!

He decapitates a guy with one swing of a goddamn hunters knife!
WOO-HOO!

Rambo is going where John McClane can't! (Sadly :()

Silverload
05-19-2007, 12:28 PM
At first I was iffy about a new Rambo, but after seeing this - WOW! Fucking WOW!!! This looks like some hardcore shit.

Between Rocky Balboa and John Rambo, Stallone is coming back with a vengeance. GO STALLONE!

JackassFan
05-19-2007, 12:44 PM
EXCELLENT!!

This movie could easily suck, but I just know it won't.

I'm liking what I've seen so far, definitely an awesome trailer.

AspectRatio1986
05-19-2007, 01:13 PM
I was kinda shady on the idea of another rambo, but after seeing that I'm all for it. Anybody have any info when it's scheduled to be released?
Thanks

daddiefatsacks
05-19-2007, 01:18 PM
somewhere right now, the arrow has a boner

Frank the Tank
05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Holy SHIT, 2008 needs to happen now. This looks awesome. Stallone is fucking angry as hell and I love it.

wyked2000
05-19-2007, 04:01 PM
This movie looks like its gonna be sweeeeet...finally a Rambo movie, besides the first one, that looks like its going to be serious in tone...good move Stallone...

Digifruitella
05-19-2007, 04:09 PM
count me f%$n' IN. John Rambo is BACK.

Good for Stallone, Rocky Balboa, now John Rambo. Awesome. that is going to bring back nostalgia

DareDevil
05-19-2007, 04:11 PM
So I guess I gotta go watch the first 4? Which are the best?

AspectRatio1986
05-19-2007, 04:28 PM
There's only 3 as of right now, 4 wiill be John Rambo...First one is quite entertaining, second is also pretty good, never seen the 3rd one but I've heard bad things. But I'm looking to get it on DVD to complete the current trilogy.

Shockwave
05-19-2007, 04:39 PM
WOW!

This actualy looks DAMN good and much more in line with the first one! Aces!

Heres hoping for an endcap with the same kind of kick-assery that ROCKY BALBOA gave us.:cool:

Digifruitella
05-19-2007, 07:15 PM
did anybody notice how faithful the dialogue in this is to the first and most of all the second one? I swear I thought I was listening to the conversation in the helicopter from the second when the woman is asking him all the questions. I love that attention to detail. Stallone you da man.

therealjohng
05-19-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by bubutthead
(P.S. think he'll beat his "violence/kill-count" from Rambo 3?)

Fuck 3, the question is whether or not he can out kill 2.

someguy
05-19-2007, 08:26 PM
That ended up being a lot better than I was expecting.

therealjohng
05-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Finally, an action movie with some goddamn balls.

Shockwave
05-19-2007, 09:45 PM
..i just hope to god that this keeps any overly political message on the side-lines and concentrates on the ass kicking.:cool:

therealjohng
05-19-2007, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by DareDevil
So I guess I gotta go watch the first 4? Which are the best?

Rambo: First Blood: Part II
First Blood
Rambo III

That's the order from best to worst.

Short Bus 59
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Its about damn time we had a good old school kick ass ACTION MOVIE! At first i was like come on Sly first rocky and now this? "This" turning out to be the most kick ass movie of the year when it comes out

bubutthead
05-19-2007, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by therealjohng
Fuck 3, the question is whether or not he can out kill 2.

yeah tis a better question.

Digifruitella
05-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by therealjohng
Rambo: First Blood: Part II
First Blood
Rambo III

That's the order from best to worst.

Hmm..I actually think it's better the way it is.

In chronological order.

NuclearMisfit
05-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Welcome back Rambo. Finally a action movie thats not afraid to show just that some over the top, gut ripping, throat cutting action!!! THIS AINT NO PG-13 FOSHO!!!

Tyler_Durden_208
05-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Digifruitella
Hmm..I actually think it's better the way it is.

In chronological order.
Yup.
First Blood - 10/10, one of my favorites
Rambo: First Blood - Part II - 6/10, fun as an 80's action-fest, but gets crappier each time you watch it, despite having some great moments
Rambo III - 4/10, the bottom of the barrel. the only good moments are Rambo's self-surgery and one of the manliest moments ever. "What do you think, John?" "FUCK 'EM."
So, much like Rocky Balboa, the sequel before leaves a lot of room for improvement.

KevinthePRF
05-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Another reason why Rambo III sucked, he's technically assisting the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

bigred760
05-20-2007, 01:19 AM
I've only seen First Blood: Part II all the way through; the other two just bits and pieces. I don't know what to make of Stallone coming back for another. But the sixth Rocky movie was pretty good so I might check this one out as well; will probably try to watch the others in the series first.

Hack
05-20-2007, 01:41 AM
I remember all the folks who said "Rambo 4? are you fuckin kidding me? Leave it dead man."

Now they see the trailer and thank god Rambo's back.....brothers and sisters....he never left.

Danger^Cart
05-20-2007, 02:07 AM
That bit with the kickass narration and Rambo slowly standing up behind the sentry was money.

Badbird
05-20-2007, 02:28 AM
Eh. That looked really low budget to me.

And is it just me, or does Stalone look younger than he did in Rambo III?

ramborob
05-20-2007, 03:23 AM
I am crying that is absolutely awesome, I want to watch it right now. At last the real man of action is back. No more Lord of the fairies, or crap in the carribean, this is what action is all about.

Ron34
05-20-2007, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by ramborob
I am crying that is absolutely awesome, I want to watch it right now. At last the real man of action is back. No more Lord of the fairies, or crap in the carribean, this is what action is all about.

i totally agree with you my brother

BorderEevilIII
05-20-2007, 06:11 AM
Nice to see Stallone REALLY getting back to the basics here....

I caught a preview of "John Rambo" and it is indeed bloody but isn't it showing waaaay tooo much? SHouldn't it be teasing you ?

This up n coming movie will definately make ya forget the last installment. :D

CuatroDiablos
05-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Mother of god.. i want to learn how to cut heads off that cleanly..not that I do it , but DAMN!!

CANT WAIT!

Something tells me this movie will be edited up the ass by the MPAA

Tony_Montana
05-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I'm not really a fan of Rambo to be honest, but Rambo III had one of the most badass moments ever....

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden_208
. "What do you think, John?" "FUCK 'EM."

Hell yeah I'll be seeing this one in the cinema, if only becuase it's a return to 80s style action!! Shooter with Mark Wahlberg was alright tho.

ilovemovies
05-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Badbird
Eh. That looked really low budget to me.

That looked low budget to you? I think the movie and the action looks GREAT!

Man, while I think the Rambo movies are okay (loved the first one and dug the #3, though I didn't care much for #2), this wasn't really on the top of my list of movies I'm looking for to 2008. After seeing that, it's probably now in the top 5. Right up there with The Dark Knight, Indiana Jones 4 and Star Trek! Hell yeah that was awesome!

And cool, Ryan Chappelle is in it. Actually, I already knew he's going to be in it.

The Arrow
05-20-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by daddiefatsacks
somewhere right now, the arrow has a boner

That's an understatememt bro! Consider me BLOWN away! That trailer was better than sex ; ) BRING IT!

Mentiroso
05-20-2007, 09:00 AM
I wanted to see it already just because I grew up on the original 3. Just like Rocky, wanted to see 6 because I grew up on the first 5. This trailer was well above anything I expected. It has the feel of an 80s kick ass action flick but it looked great and new. The story looks better than 3 but should fall along the lines of 2. First Blood has always been my favorite of the 3 though. 4 would have to literally make me shoot off in my pants to knock FB out of first.

Tyler_Durden_208
05-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by bigred760
I've only seen First Blood: Part II all the way through; the other two just bits and pieces. I don't know what to make of Stallone coming back for another. But the sixth Rocky movie was pretty good so I might check this one out as well; will probably try to watch the others in the series first.
Seriously, stop what you're doing and go find a copy of First Blood. Rambo is so bad-ass that half the dialog is just them talking about how bad-ass he is.

Short Bus 59
05-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Tyler_Durden_208
Seriously, stop what you're doing and go find a copy of First Blood. Rambo is so bad-ass that half the dialog is just them talking about how bad-ass he is.

Thats some of the funniest shit i have ever hear hahah and its so true. I had tears reading this.

Derek237
05-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Since both the Rocky and Rambo films ended around the same time, and now are being revived around the same time, I have to say this:

1. Seeing Rocky old is fine. Seeing Rambo old just isn't.

2. No Adrien in Rocky VI was dissapointing, but added an emotional impact to the story. Not having Trautman (RIP Richard Crenna) in Rambo IV is like not having Rambo himself. Rocky had a lot of fallback supporting characters, but Rambo only really had Trautman.

3. There was more story that needed to be told with Rocky VI. It improved a series that ended on a somewhat downer note. Rambo ran out of juice with the second film, and I'd rather have left everything with part 3, never really knowing what became of him.

4. Stallone is doing this probably because this will be his last time to reprise the Rambo role before he gets too old and will be physically unable.

5. News of Rocky VI was met with skepticism until people actually saw it and it was good. Rambo IV news seems to be met with a lot of excitement, but I have a feeling that this time, Stallone will dissapoint. Lightning won't strike twice for Stallone.

6. Dude, I'm still totally seeing this. It's fucking RAMBO.

porkchopexpress
05-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I am excited as shit, the footage looks fucking sweet!! Ok, it's a mock up trailer with what they have but hey this movie is going to give us what we have all been waiting for!! I have no doubt there will be people just lining up to berate and destroy this movie but I don't care!! Did I notice a little bit of a moment between Rambo and Julie Benz? I can't wait!!!

XCoRyX
05-20-2007, 03:44 PM
looks fucking awesome

TheProtagonist74
05-20-2007, 05:21 PM
http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/Crank.bmp
OMG! Sly's lost it, he's not gonna leave the film bizz without a fight!

SteeleDude
05-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ilovemovies
That looked low budget to you? I think the movie and the action looks GREAT!

Hell yeah--that action looked great. The editing was fantastic, especially the bow kill--much better than the older ones (not knocking the older ones, but slick editing makes things seem more realistic).

It's so weird--I just got off a Rambo trilogy binge weekend only to find out this great news! Now there's this trailer and it looks f'n great.

But here's the question--is Rambo gonna die? I'm kind of worried about him. I read something on Wikipedia about how Rambo is leading a team of mercenaries--which I didn't necessarily like (I want Rambo kicking ass alone like always) but the plot on Wikipedia seems very similar to the trailer.

Either way this movie is going to be good. I've seen some people say Stallone's face is too messed up nowadays, but hell that just adds to the beat down persona of the character.

For me the best is First Blood, then Rambo First Blood Part II, and Rambo III. This new one could easily surpass three and maybe even overtake II.

Mr.HyDe807
05-20-2007, 06:10 PM
I never really watched all the Rambos from beginnign to end, but after seeing that trailer, holy shit!

Im doing my homework and checking out all the Rambo movies! This has 80s action written all over it! CANT WAIT!

Kilar
05-20-2007, 09:35 PM
I think Rambo is so pissed cause he got busted for roids in Australia and we're making him pay a $1000 fine. That would piss anyone off enough to open up with a .50 cal and turn innocent savages into chum.

Badbird
05-20-2007, 10:36 PM
You guys cannot be serious, can you? That honestly looked like a Jean Claud Van Damme movie from the early ninties. It was just him in the jungle blowing away a bunch of Asian dudes.

Yeah, it's just a rough cut, but for crying out loud...

And it does feel strange not having Troutman. He was always Rambo's rational alter ego. These hippy guys feel like a lame replacement.

Shockwave
05-21-2007, 04:27 AM

And it does feel strange not having Troutman. He was always Rambo's rational alter ego. These hippy guys feel like a lame replacement.

I agree with u there. Its going to need to give a damn good counter argument for RAMBO to suddenly drop what hes doing and go help since hes ignored it for so long.

//still, i really liked what i saw. Its pretty rough, but very early also. The stellar ROCKY BALBOA gives me abit more faith that this will end things well for the series.

ilovemovies
05-21-2007, 05:31 AM
I wonder if Rambo dies at the end, sacrificing his life at the end?

porkchopexpress
05-21-2007, 07:41 AM
Having watched the trailer a second time, I do have to say I found some of the violence a little unnecessary and unrealistic. Where he shoots the guy to pieces with the 50 Cal gun...ah, mind you that's probably what would happen!! But still, I think if it tones down the bloodshed just a little then it will probably go further

Nevertheless, it's still Rambo and I'm still as excited as shit!!!

Mentiroso
05-21-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by porkchopexpress
Having watched the trailer a second time, I do have to say I found some of the violence a little unnecessary and unrealistic. Where he shoots the guy to pieces with the 50 Cal gun...ah, mind you that's probably what would happen!! But still, I think if it tones down the bloodshed just a little then it will probably go further

Nevertheless, it's still Rambo and I'm still as excited as shit!!!

A friend of mine in Iraq said they use a gun quite similar to protect bases (a little larger than a 50 cal but I cant remember what he said). He has had to cut people in half with the thing, suicide bombers trying to charge the base. He says 2 shots will rip you in half so I have to think the one Rambo uses, opening up on the guy in the cab of the truck, is pretty realistic.

Spidey
05-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Still at the age of 60 he's your worst nightmare.

RandalGraves
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Just watched the clip...wow, looks incredible badass...I loved Rocky Balboa, and can't wait for this!

arto_j
05-21-2007, 10:11 AM
You guys cannot be serious, can you? That honestly looked like a Jean Claud Van Damme movie from the early ninties. It was just him in the jungle blowing away a bunch of Asian dudes.

Or like, you know, Rambo II.

This looks so badass. I'm excited Sly's finally back.

castlesave
05-21-2007, 10:45 AM
that was so over the top violent that it was like a spoof of rambo. yeah il see it, but that kinda reminded me of UHF

gyro_44
05-21-2007, 12:41 PM
Well that was a bit of the old ultraviolence, wasn't it?

I really liked Rocky Balboa because it seemed like an honest way to bow out for Stallone and that character. I really hope he finds a good story for this, or else it could be another huge career goof.

I fear it could be the latter.

RandalGraves
05-21-2007, 07:10 PM
Does anyone know the song towrds the 2nd half/end of the video?

echo_bravo
05-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Mentiroso
I wanted to see it already just because I grew up on the original 3. Just like Rocky, wanted to see 6 because I grew up on the first 5. This trailer was well above anything I expected. It has the feel of an 80s kick ass action flick but it looked great and new. The story looks better than 3 but should fall along the lines of 2. First Blood has always been my favorite of the 3 though. 4 would have to literally make me shoot off in my pants to knock FB out of first.

Haha true:D

And yeah, I loved that this teaser had an 80s action feel to it. Even the voice over and credits seemed like was straight from the 80s (in a good way).

I am pumped for this film.

SteeleDude
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by RandalGraves
Does anyone know the song towrds the 2nd half/end of the video?

Most of the video's music is a song called To Canada from the Land of the Dead soundtrack. Preview it on Itunes--I'm pretty sure it's the one you're thinking of.

RandalGraves
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by SteeleDude
Most of the video's music is a song called To Canada from the Land of the Dead soundtrack. Preview it on Itunes--I'm pretty sure it's the one you're thinking of.

thats the song thats in the first half of the trailer...I'm looking for the one that plays when Rambo cuts that guys head off and just starts going crazy at the middle to the end of the trailer. But I really appreciate you helping me! thanks!:)

DrkBlueXG
05-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Now THIS is what a Rambo movie is supposed to look like!

dennisv
05-22-2007, 08:37 PM
It looks real close to being a grindhouse film... and I'm liking it already. I'll be there opening day.

Sam180
05-22-2007, 11:27 PM
OMG, hallelujah. FINALLY an action movie that isn't afraid to be rated R. After they officially neutered John McClane I thought it was the end of an era. I also must admit that when I heard about this movie I was a little skeptical, but after seeing that trailer...holy crap. This looks like a sequel the likes of which AvP and Die Hard should have been.

I only wish I had an HD version of that trailer in quicktime format I could save because there's no way half of that will be on the actual trailer. That is, of course, unless they're only gonna show it in front of R rated movies...what few of them there are left. In any case, all I can say is "hell yeah!". Rambo is officially back in all his bloody glory. That and "thank God that 20th Century Fox didn't get ahold of it".

therealjohng
05-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Agent of God !
http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/Crank.bmp
OMG! Sly's lost it, he's not gonna leave the film bizz without a fight!

WTF!?!?!

Cronos
05-23-2007, 01:55 AM
:eek:

this is going to kick ass, really looking forward to it

resdawg
05-23-2007, 10:54 AM
oh hell yeah! im exicited for this movie now more then ever. the rage in rambos eyes and the way the violence is going should be action movie for 08.

Zombie 6830
05-23-2007, 03:59 PM
John Rambo Rules !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RandalGraves
05-23-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know the song towrds the 2nd half/end of the video? The song that kicks in when rambo cuts that guys head off and goes on for the rest of the trailer.

SteeleDude
05-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by RandalGraves
thats the song thats in the first half of the trailer...I'm looking for the one that plays when Rambo cuts that guys head off and just starts going crazy at the middle to the end of the trailer. But I really appreciate you helping me! thanks!:)

It's the same song actually. There are only two songs in the trailer--the Rambo theme in the beginning then To Canada. It goes from slow piano to action packed.

I just double checked the trailer to make sure I was remembering right--it's the same song. I guess the itunes "preview" only shows the piano part, but it goes into the heavy drumbeat action packed about 1 or 2 minutes in.

Danger^Cart
05-23-2007, 05:16 PM
The, "Oh shit, I'm being gutted!" look on the face of that Burmese soldier is priceless.

RandalGraves
05-23-2007, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by SteeleDude
It's the same song actually. There are only two songs in the trailer--the Rambo theme in the beginning then To Canada. It goes from slow piano to action packed.

I just double checked the trailer to make sure I was remembering right--it's the same song. I guess the itunes "preview" only shows the piano part, but it goes into the heavy drumbeat action packed about 1 or 2 minutes in.

oo ok, thanks man! I really appreciate it, I'm gonna go try and get the song now!:cool:

RandalGraves
05-23-2007, 10:36 PM
^ yeah its def that song! Thanks man!

SteeleDude
05-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Yeah, I'm so used to listening to it I didn't even consider how different it sounds at those two parts. I'm glad you got it!

KrazyK2323
05-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Finally a modern sequel/remake that does not "wimp" out and go for a PG-13 rating a.k.a The Fog, Alien vs Predator (Every movie in the series is R and their battle is PG-13??? but thats a whole other rant) I am stoked!

Sam180
05-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by KrazyK2323
Finally a modern sequel/remake that does not "wimp" out and go for a PG-13 rating a.k.a The Fog, Alien vs Predator (Every movie in the series is R and their battle is PG-13??? but thats a whole other rant) I am stoked!

It's Fox...what'd you expect? They're dickless now. And the only way they're gonna convince me otherwise is for them to make AvP2 a bloody, violent gorefest.

barryallen_thef
05-24-2007, 02:31 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: holy mother frack!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm....this one a hard R

hmm...i wonder....this is gonna be an interesting rambo movie

Shockwave
05-24-2007, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Sam180
It's Fox...what'd you expect? They're dickless now. And the only way they're gonna convince me otherwise is for them to make AvP2 a bloody, violent gorefest.

..not to mention DIE HARD 4 being PG-13. Go FOX, go!

:rolleyes:

porkchopexpress
05-24-2007, 05:13 AM
Yipee-ki-ay kemo sabe indeed!!

:mad:

MisterChristian
05-24-2007, 11:32 AM
8) 2:52 there is a man getting shot with one of Rambo's arrows and falling into a landmine. But in the far corner you can see one lonely woman sitting down watching as if it's nothing.

Think it's more of the explosive arrows Rambo uses. He shoots the guy, falls and then blows up :D or blows up while falling...

therealjohng
05-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by MisterChristian
Think it's more of the explosive arrows Rambo uses. He shoots the guy, falls and then blows up :D or blows up while falling...

See, thats the same thing I was thinking.

Sam180
05-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by MisterChristian

That's what I thought too, but what's with the delayed explosion? The ones he used to use were detonate-on-impact.

DrkBlueXG
05-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Sam180
That's what I thought too, but what's with the delayed explosion? The ones he used to use were detonate-on-impact.

It was just a regular arrow and He falls onto a landmine

Cobretti
05-24-2007, 06:53 PM
Awesome teaser, Sly's gonna do it again. The violence is gory as fuck and the emotional edge looks really intresting, John is back.

The Arrow
05-26-2007, 07:39 PM
Vin Diesel came close but couldn't wing it (the fur coat in XXX killed his chances), The Rock tried and failed and word is still out on Statham... looks like it took Sly returning with John Rambo to bring "real action" back to movies for guys like me, who grew up on real action movies in the 80's. THANK YOU! Bring on Rambo! We fucking needed him!

I'm done!

Tagia_Romero
05-26-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by someguy
That ended up being a lot better than I was expecting.

Took the words out of my mouth and ripped my tongue out in the process.

InvaderZim
05-30-2007, 04:04 PM
http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/john-rambo-iv-feature-trailer/

A better quality version of the trailer but a small size...