View Full Version : The Simpsons movie

Tweek
07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I OFFICIALLY cannot wait!

Anyone see the latest commercial?

"Spider-pig!"

ilovemovies
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Even after 18 or so years being on tv, I still think The Simpsons is pretty good. Maybe not as great as it once was at it's prime, but it's still pretty funny IMO. And considering that the show is, if I'm not mistaken, going on it's 18th or 19th season, that's incredible! Outright amazing even.

And the movie looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see it either.

Moviefan1234
07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
While I do recognize the success of THE SIMPSONS, I have yet to see an episode that is even remotely funny or just chuckle worthy.

sicksharkkk
07-09-2007, 08:00 PM
i never was much of a fan of the tv show but this movie looks real good and funny cant wait for it. they made a south park movie, aqua teen, now Simpson's all we need is a family guy movie!!! :p :D :p :D

teenkiller
07-09-2007, 09:07 PM
Well Family Guy already had that straight to video Stewie Griffin movie.

Oh and uh... YEAH I'M PSYCHED FOR THE SIMPSONS MOVIE!! Since the show has made a huge turnaround in the last three seasons I am excited to see them on the big screen.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

castlesave
07-10-2007, 10:04 AM
haha...spider pig. i love in the trailer, the look marge is giving while homer is doing that. its priceless

Cronos
07-10-2007, 11:53 AM
while i do occasionally watch a simpsons episode now and then i largely lost interest in the series years ago

as far as this film goes, it's not on my list of films i must see at the cinema but if there's nothing else on and it gets good reviews i might check it out

teenkiller
07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Springfield, Vermont is the city which has just ended up winning the contest to hold the premiere of THE SIMPONS MOVIE. They will get to screen it a week in advance. Lucky motherfuckers... Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

dreamcurls
07-15-2007, 08:39 PM
can't wait!
can't wait!
can't wait!
I also heard that fox is making a deal with 7-11 to turn a few of it's stores into Kwiki-Marts! i want one in Orlando! it'd make sense, since Universal is going to have a Simpsons ride in 2008! it'd be good publicity for them
:cool:

teenkiller
07-15-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by dreamcurls
can't wait!
can't wait!
can't wait!
I also heard that fox is making a deal with 7-11 to turn a few of it's stores into Kwiki-Marts! i want one in Orlando! it'd make sense, since Universal is going to have a Simpsons ride in 2008! it'd be good publicity for them
:cool:

IT'S TRUE! I just walked into 7-11 and got my first six pack of Buzz Cola, which is really just a Coke/Pepsi. They also had boxes of Krusty-O's and a Buzz Cola slurpee. What a weird marketing gimmick. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

bigred760
07-16-2007, 01:27 AM
I've never been a big Simpsons fan, but I have seen a few episodes (though it's been a LONG while) and I do want to see the movie. More out of curiosity than anything else; I think it could be very funny, judging from the trailer and commercials.

teenkiller
07-16-2007, 10:27 AM
If you guys head to THE SIMPSONS site or the Burger King SIMPSONS site you can upload photos of yourself that they will render into a SIMPSONIZED version of you. It has to be a close up photo though and no black and white pics. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

dman476
07-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by teenkiller
IT'S TRUE! I just walked into 7-11 and got my first six pack of Buzz Cola, which is really just a Coke/Pepsi. They also had boxes of Krusty-O's and a Buzz Cola slurpee. What a weird marketing gimmick. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.
I went to one near me, but there was a HUGE line so I didn't wait it out.

Bourne101
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
If you guys head to THE SIMPSONS site or the Burger King SIMPSONS site you can upload photos of yourself that they will render into a SIMPSONIZED version of you. It has to be a close up photo though and no black and white pics. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Could you give a link please. I can't seem to find it. The avatar creator on thesimpsonsmovie.com is just making up your own character.

dreamcurls
07-16-2007, 05:45 PM

well yeah, they have those items at pretty much all the stores
im talking about changing the entire design and layout of the building with a Kwiki-Mart sign outside and everything. atleast that's what the news artucle I read said

teenkiller
07-16-2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I read that article too but the 7-11 I went to didn't go that far with it. As for the link to "SIMPSONIZE" yourself:

SIMPSONIZE ME (http://www.simpsonizeme.com/index.html)

Last time I went the site said it was waaaay too busy to be able to serve me though.

Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Terror Australis
07-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Tweek
I OFFICIALLY cannot wait!

Anyone see the latest commercial?

"Spider-pig!"

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Can't wait to check out the film!

Scarfather
07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I haven't gotten the chance to get to Orlando and see Kwik-E-Mart yet, but this film might make much more money then I predicted if a damn Burger King sponsor site crashed from traffic.

Until then:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7032/avatarba3.jpg

I am bored by me who is bored as well.

Worthystevens
07-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I Simpsonized myself and this is what I got.

http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/5364/yourimageta8.png

Terror Australis
07-18-2007, 03:57 AM
Same here, this is what I got...

http://a821.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/115/l_bd876749c56b1cd57fa844ec554e22e4.jpg

teenkiller
07-18-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.simpsonschannel.com/screenshots/shot863.gif

Just a heads up for the fans. Homer will be making an appearance during Leno's show on Tuesday the 24th. This will be the first time I actually tune in to Leno in GOD knows how long. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

teenkiller
07-18-2007, 11:30 AM
Apparently there has been a bit of a ruckus over Conan O'Brien not returning to write for the movie. He says he would have liked to return but the excuse he was getting was that they didn't have a parking space for him (?!) and that they eventually started dodging his calls altogether. Too bad because this would have been a major return for the man. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Cunning Visions
07-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Apparently there has been a bit of a ruckus over Conan O'Brien not returning to write for the movie. He says he would have liked to return but the excuse he was getting was that they didn't have a parking space for him (?!) and that they eventually started dodging his calls altogether. Too bad because this would have been a major return for the man. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Don't worry, all that was a joke. Here's the full quote:

Responding to a comment by current show runner Al Jean that he would have simply ''laughed'' off an invite to work on the movie, in Entertainment Weekly for its Simpsons cover story that hits stands this Friday, O'Brien deadpanned:

''I cleared my talk show schedule for a year at great financial cost to myself, got an apartment right outside the Fox lot, and told them I was ready to report to work. All I heard back was that they were having trouble finding me a parking space, and then they stopped returning my calls altogether. I am stunned and disappointed.... Truth be told, I worry that the Simpsons-writing portion of my brain has been destroyed after 14 years of talking to Lindsay Lohan and that guy from One Tree Hill, so maybe it's all for the best.''

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20035285_20035331_20046980,00.html

I guess they figured he would've said no. Wish he could've written SOMETHING though.

I love Conan, but I do feel that people tend to overrate his tenure as a writer on The Simpsons though. He only wrote/co-wrote 4 episodes (and pitched jokes for others)...and they were very good episodes, but some people act like the show died when he left, or that he was a MAJOR part of it's success during the short time he was involved. When it comes to the overall work done by Simpsons writers (and I mean STRICTLY for the show, not anything outside of it) I'll take John Swartwelder any day.

RandalGraves
07-18-2007, 04:10 PM
I must say though that the marketing for this flick is absolutly brilliant!

dreamcurls
07-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by RandalGraves
I must say though that the marketing for this flick is absolutly brilliant!

Heck yeah! They are really are working hard.

teenkiller
07-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Cunning Visions
I love Conan, but I do feel that people tend to overrate his tenure as a writer on The Simpsons though. He only wrote/co-wrote 4 episodes (and pitched jokes for others)...and they were very good episodes, but some people act like the show died when he left, or that he was a MAJOR part of it's success during the short time he was involved. When it comes to the overall work done by Simpsons writers (and I mean STRICTLY for the show, not anything outside of it) I'll take John Swartwelder any day.

I WAS DECIEVED!! I agree with you though. Even though I love Conan and thought his episodes were really good he only did write 4. But he did Marge vs the Monorail and that will forever be hailed as one of THE SIMPSONS best. But the show was doing well before him and was doing great after his departure so he was not the be all end all of the show. Yes Swartzwelder was a genius and even though his last couple of episodes weren't all that great I still long for his return to the show. Hopefully one day it will happen. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

Le_Big_Mac
07-19-2007, 12:43 AM
I love The Simpsons as much as any guy but it's been in a steady decline (as Family Guy has been in a steady incline) since all the great writers like Conan and Shwartzwelder stopped writing episodes. The movie, by far, seems to be the least likely thing to redeem the series. There's one thing I laughed at in the entire trailer. I will see it but, like the Spongebob movie, I'm not going in with expectations as high as old episodes of the show.

The show still maintains a classy level of satire but the jokes themselves are horrible more than half the time.