PDA

View Full Version : Unitentional Spoilers

Dead Halloween
01-19-2008, 02:20 PM
FRIEND: "Hey, have you seen ________"?
ME: "No, not yet. I'm planning to see it next weekend"
FRIEND: "It's really good! But it had a really sad ending".
ME: *sigh*

Does it bothers someone else when someone tells you that a movie you haven't seen has "a sad ending"? I feel that in a way they're spoiling the movie because you'll know what to expect from the ending.

Derek237
01-19-2008, 02:35 PM
Yeah I agree, but I can only think of one time when that happened to me, but it was years and years ago. I asked my mom about the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and she said exactly that: "It's really good, but it has a really sad ending."

So sorry for posting my own personal anecdote and thus, unintentionally giving a spoiler, but I figure the movie's over 30 years old, anyway. It's not as if I'm saying it about something recent, like, say, Million Dollar Baby.

....Ah, goddamnit.

Le_Big_Mac
01-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah I agree, but I can only think of one time when that happened to me, but it was years and years ago. I asked my mom about the movie One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest, and she said exactly that: "It's really good, but it has a really sad ending."

That's not even a spoiler because it's not even a sad ending.

Servo
01-19-2008, 06:45 PM
No.

Just because it's sad doesn't mean it gives anything away about the plot or the story. But people have different definitions of spoilers these days so whatever.

To me a spoiler is: Bruce Willis dies at the end of the 6th Sense.

To some a spoiler is: M. Night Shyamalan uses a lot of red in the movie.

"OMG U JUZT SPILLED DA WHOLE MOVIE SHUTUP NOWOWOWOWOWOW"

:confused:

Cronos
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
I'd prefer that over somebody telling me exactly what happens in a movie.

NathanRomano
01-21-2008, 11:29 AM
Yes it does. Because some movies you know will have a sad ending, just from the plot, but others, you don't. Like The Departed

Its a different kind of sad but still is