View Full Version : New Movie Idea: Triskaidekaphobia

01-22-2002, 06:34 PM
I am thinking about making a movie about Triskaidekaphobia. For those of you who don't know that is the fear of the number 13. Ive always been fascinated with why people are afriad of this number. The overall plot of this film is stull being thought up. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

thanks for the help

01-22-2002, 08:15 PM
That's pretty original. Perhaps you should have a group of sufferers coming together to try and overcome their fears but just fucking up. There's some room for some interesting premises.

01-22-2002, 08:39 PM
How about you focu on the lives of certain people and those people have triskaidekaphobia, eventually these people all meet and they find that there is 13 of them (now before you start screaming "what a fucking corny idea!" let me finish), they're all frightened at the fact that there's 13 of them, all this weird shit happens mostly to do with the number 13 but the truth is that NOTHING is really happening! It's these 13 people who are weird! They get so caught up in their fears and because there are 13 people with the same fear it makes their fears more BELIEVABLE to them. So the people are fucked, they go mental, all in different ways but the truth is nothing strange is happening, it's merely a coincidence that there are 13 of them and the strange things they eXperience are all in their deranged minds!
Can you understand what I'm saying?
At least think about, ok?

Let it be...

01-22-2002, 08:43 PM
i was thinking more of a supernatural thriller, and why all the fuss over the number 13

01-23-2002, 08:25 AM
A girl keeps having nightmares where she sees a giant, burning number 13 apear. then she moves to a house with number 13 or gets to a hotelroom with this number, and bad things start happening to her and her friends.

01-23-2002, 06:42 PM
well the number 13 I agree is "really original"... buthere goes nothing... so psycho killer has a thing for the number 13 but you don't find out he's obsessed with it til the end. He kills his victims with 13 stab wounds or 13 bullets or 13 whip slashes.. etc.. of course he has 13 victims. They find out in the end it's actually this cop guy that got himself out of workingthe case cause he's claimed to Triksaidekaphobia.

01-23-2002, 09:45 PM
Do a group of people who tell their stories of why they're afraid of the number 13. One had 13 relatives they were close to killed by a man,one had something bad happen to him when he was 13,one got paralysed on Exit 13,etc.,etc. Turns out at the end they're all connected. The guy on the exit was hit by the guy who had his relatives killed after he found out. The boy who had something bad to him when he was thirteen witnessed his father killing the 13 relatives,and so on.

01-23-2002, 10:22 PM
Just some stupid ideas...

It's Friday the 13th and this girl is very scared. This leads her to commit horrible crimes (and murders), all out of fear. In the end she kills herself because she can't take it anymore...

It's a boys 13th birthday, and he has trisoskjgfdghdoxcklhsdfjbflgphobia. On this day, he is scared of everything... He fears his age, and for the next year, he decides to stay alone. Somehow he discovers the world of drugs, which make him feel better, and not fear the world around him so much. He goes completely crazy...

01-24-2002, 12:17 AM
Actually, I've toyed with the idea of something kinda supernatural about the number 13, a few years ago. But I kept having problems with it, because all of my idea seemed too cliched.
It focus on a cult, whose ritual had something to do with the 13, ie. 13 sacrafices, etc. I was thinking of doing something like this cult had to sacrafice 13 people for 13 generations, so their god or prophet can return to Life or something. but that seems just so overdone, that it feels like a stupid idea.

James Logan
01-24-2002, 11:57 AM
I was just thinking, maybe making some research on number 13 (since when it is feared, why it's feared and so on) might give you a few ideas.

01-24-2002, 08:24 PM
I think the origin of the "Unlucky 13" superstition has some roots in the legend of old that Judas sat at the 13th place at the table of the Last Supper.

The UserName
01-24-2002, 08:35 PM
Yeah i think your right Nada.

01-24-2002, 09:32 PM
i sorta combined your guys's ideas, and came up with some of my own. What do you think?

The basic idea of this film is that people are scared of the number 13; but it is actually more than that. Yes, these people are scared of the number 13, however it is only a small deal they need to overcome; what's more important is their friendship, and in the end that's all that matters. The 13th member, who joins, actually isn't scared of the number 13. He has been sent from the local asylum to see if these people are crazy. When he pulls a stunt, and has himself disappear, he observes them and sees their reaction. He dresses up in all black, and pulls the serial killer stunt. The people that he "kills" are Tom Johnson and Eileen Smith, both who have been planted for this stunt. The friendship and support of the other 10 members proves Peter Parker wrong, and in the end he is the only "crazy" one. The whole asylum thing is not found out until the end, in a big, climatic ending. He basically cured all of them.