PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Tartan Films USA

A.J. Hakari
06-05-2008, 03:35 AM
News of this first emerged a couple weeks back, but since I didn't see any threads about it here, I decided to post the story linked to me by someguy:

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/kaijushakedown/TARTAN-CLOSED

This is a pretty sad occasion for me. I've been getting screener DVDs from these guys for a while to review for the various sites I write for, and although quite a bit of their product wasn't all that good, I always enjoyed seeing what new flicks they were distributing next and taking them on thereafter.

And just look at the slate of awesome flicks they did release: the ELECTION movies, the VENGEANCE trilogy, 12:08 EAST OF BUCHAREST, AB-NORMAL BEAUTY, NATURAL CITY, BLOODY REUNION...

R.I.P. Tartan :(

LordSimen
06-05-2008, 05:39 AM
News of this first emerged a couple weeks back, but since I didn't see any threads about it here, I decided to post the story linked to me by someguy:

http://www.varietyasiaonline.com/kaijushakedown/TARTAN-CLOSED

This is a pretty sad occasion for me. I've been getting screener DVDs from these guys for a while to review for the various sites I write for, and although quite a bit of their product wasn't all that good, I always enjoyed seeing what new flicks they were distributing next and taking them on thereafter.

And just look at the slate of awesome flicks they did release: the ELECTION movies, the VENGEANCE trilogy, 12:08 EAST OF BUCHAREST, AB-NORMAL BEAUTY, NATURAL CITY, BLOODY REUNION...

R.I.P. Tartan :(

Tartan's gone? What the fuck. They were my number 1 source of awesomely violent asian films. God damn it.

D.B. Cooper
06-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Heard this recently. I just hope they dont close down Tartan Films UK, cause like Lordsimen, its my number one place for asian movies; Oldboy, A Bittersweet Life etc. Plus they just announced Blu-ray titles, so heres hopin they truck on this side of the water.

travisvornoff
06-12-2008, 02:40 PM
very sad news. i loved alot of what they put out.
sad face.

Dirtyfrog
06-28-2008, 10:38 PM
oh damn , this isnt good :(

I loved the movies from Tartan and i do hope someone steps in to maintain the violent asian movie tradition ( Dimension Extreme maybe ? ).

A.J. Hakari
07-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Good news: the Palisades Media Group (or Corp., I forget which one) has bought Tartan USA's entire library and are supposedly planning on starting to release and re-release films pretty soon.

Bad news: Tartan UK has closed its doors as well. Damn. :(

Cronos
07-08-2008, 02:46 AM
Booooooo :(

LordSimen
07-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Good news: the Palisades Media Group (or Corp., I forget which one) has bought Tartan USA's entire library and are supposedly planning on starting to release and re-release films pretty soon.

Hurray! :D

D.B. Cooper
07-08-2008, 01:02 PM

Shit news.

Sonny Corleone
09-08-2008, 12:12 AM
Lets hope A Bittersweet Life gets a US release soon.