PDA

View Full Version : Can I just take a moment real quick?

jackson13
06-10-2008, 12:10 AM
And break the rules, but in a good way?

I'm a member on a few other message boards on the internet and I just want to say that this is, hands down, the best place that I post and frequent. I just love discussing everything with everyone and how well everyone gets along (most of the time) and how well the place is ran. There are a lot of fucking assholes out there and they apparently post in all these other places I go to. But that isnt the case here. In fact this place is so great I've decided to stop wasting my time with all these other boards and focus solely on here.

So, basically, this is me just taking the time to thank anyone who reads this for not being a fucking asshole that feels the need to shit all over everyone and everything. This place rocks!

Sigur509
06-10-2008, 12:22 AM
Your Welcome.

Freddy Krueger
06-10-2008, 12:34 AM
:D

I agree whole-heartedly. JoBlo is the best forum I've ever been a member of. Ever see the boards on IMDb?? Holy shit, the amount of assholes they have on there is astonishing. Someone will a simple question like, "The guy in the restaraunt scene looked familiar, what else was he in?" And someone will reply, "Why don't you look up the cast and click his name you fucking idiot. And you spelled 'restaurant' wrong, moron. Go kill yourself." I'm not exaggerating either, it's that bad.

Long live JoBlo!

BatDaddy
06-10-2008, 04:49 PM
Hiya,

Kinda new here (obviously) but from what I can tell, you guys seem to be alright. And I agree, the imdb boards (along with rotten tomatoes) are really bad.

LordSimen
06-10-2008, 05:02 PM
The internet for the longest time has made me hate people in general. The way they treat each other when they don't have to face each other is despicable. The things and lengths people will go to hurt others in order to entertain themselves is fucking sickening.

But then I go to a place like this, where you can post "I like this movie!" Without the response being a resounding "You're wrong," and I realize there are people out there with intelligence and a conscience. It makes me feel good again.

TheJadedGamer
06-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Awww!

Group hug, guys and girls!

EvilHenchman
06-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Cool sentiment, Jackson. JB's pretty much my one-stop site for my online movie community fix too. Sure, the imdb is a great resource site, but this one is chock full of all kinds of decent, intelligent folks, as well as being an excellent treasure trove of entertainment goodness.

In fact I think one of those decent folks might come along soon and move this discussion to the site feedback forum. But at least it'll be done with the utmost respect.

the clever guy
06-10-2008, 06:24 PM

I'm a member on a few other message boards on the internet and I just want to say that this is, hands down, the best place that I post and frequent. I just love discussing everything with everyone and how well everyone gets along (most of the time) and how well the place is ran. There are a lot of fucking assholes out there and they apparently post in all these other places I go to. But that isnt the case here. In fact this place is so great I've decided to stop wasting my time with all these other boards and focus solely on here.

So, basically, this is me just taking the time to thank anyone who reads this for not being a fucking asshole that feels the need to shit all over everyone and everything. This place rocks!

well, i'm gonna shit all over everything you just said....because i can.

but i would get banned probably, so i wont.

and you're right, this forum does rock....thank you for noticing that. as for the new guy....good looking out for noticing that right away, unlike some of those newbs (god, did i just use that word?) who either think they're being funny by posting some really grosteque shit (some things that even if the movies 'saw' and 'hostel' were real, they would even go "thats fucked up") or that really just dont get "it." props jackson...

JJFlamingo
06-10-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the endorsement. The Tournaments forum is pretty cool. Come check it out (if you haven't already)...;)

mel1ssa
06-10-2008, 08:24 PM
Ever see the boards on IMDb?? Holy shit, the amount of assholes they have on there is astonishing. Someone will a simple question like, "The guy in the restaraunt scene looked familiar, what else was he in?" And someone will reply, "Why don't you look up the cast and click his name you fucking idiot. And you spelled 'restaurant' wrong, moron. Go kill yourself." I'm not exaggerating either, it's that bad.

you read my mind, kreuger. those boards are the pits of hell. joblo is great.

Brendan M.
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM

I agree whole-heartedly. JoBlo is the best forum I've ever been a member of. Ever see the boards on IMDb??

IMDB shouldn't really be viewed as a forum, but more as a wasteland. Or a dumping ground for vile creatures with countless number of deformities.

Homyrrh
06-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Jackson, not sure there are any open moderator positions...:D

Otherwise, all you homos you should get a room :rolleyes:

The Postmaster General
06-11-2008, 01:55 AM

I'd like these boards more if you'd stop dipping out of the Back to the Future discussions. Damnit. The one movie I can talk about all day, and every damn time I see it dissolve into just having a question answered.

:(

Sad.

<Cue "Lonely Man (Theme to Hulk)">

MightyCelestial
06-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Go to hell.

jackson13
06-11-2008, 08:59 AM
I'd like these boards more if you'd stop dipping out of the Back to the Future discussions. Damnit. The one movie I can talk about all day, and every damn time I see it dissolve into just having a question answered.

:(

Sad.

<Cue "Lonely Man (Theme to Hulk)">

I dont dip out! I just get my questions quickly answered and go about my way. I'm sorry!

Damone
06-11-2008, 09:48 AM

Tweek
06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Much love to you too, Dawg. ;)

Mr.HyDe807
06-11-2008, 10:27 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Thumbs_up.jpg/420px-Thumbs_up.jpg

Lady Stardust
06-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Yeah there are nicer, smarter users here:)
compared to other forums i get on.