PDA

View Full Version : UHF - Thoughts, opinions, favorite lines, etc.

Badbird
07-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Just watched this movie with my girlfriend who had never seen it (or even heard of it for that matter). I was afraid she'd think it was really stupid, but she thought it was hilarious.

This is one of those magic kind of movies that means more to you if you first saw it when you were ten years old or so. The funny thing is, when I saw it as a kid, half the jokes went right over my head, but I loved it anyway.

Even watching it now, I noticed little jokes and things I never caught before. Like when they're walking through the jungle at the beginning during the Raiders of the Lost Ark parody, you hear animals in the background, like kittens and cows and such.

The movie has a near perfect 80's ending. The only thing missing is a slow clap.

And is there any movie that's more quotable than this one?

Oh, Red Snapper... very tasty.

Just call me Mr. Butterfingers.

You get to drink from the FIRE HOSE!

Not many people know this, but the turtle is nature's suction cup.

Ah ha! ROADMAPS!

The Postmaster General
07-03-2008, 12:50 AM
Loved the two guys with the long noses during the telethon. That was so... odd...

This movie is classic. Michael Richards is great as Stanley, and Filo was a great character with an even better exit.

Plus, it told me where I need to go for all my spatula needs.

Oh, and poodles flying was greatness - ranked right up there with the burning of Atlanta in Gw/tW.

john_rambo
07-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Weird Al does no wrong. Love this movie... glad to see others do.

outsyder
07-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Loved the Conan The Librarian bit.

athf1980
07-03-2008, 03:55 PM
UHF is great. Next time listen to Weird Al audio commentary. It's freaking great.

I agree Weird Al owns. I have seem him twice in concert.

Rapture27
08-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Was it Wheel of Fish that they were playin? Lol

Asian dude tells that lady after she picks the wrong shit "you're so stupid!"

Used to crack me up...saw the movie when I was young and loved it then.

His Rambo take was stupidly funny....actually shit was hilarious.

Classic flick

Very slept on

Ratlehed
08-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I enjoy UHF alot. This is real parody. The guys that do those Epic movies and Meet The Spartan like flicks should watch this. See how its really done.

The Raiders of the Lost Ark intro is so funny.

I liked his talk show. "Lesbian Nazi hookers abducted by aliens and forced into weight loss programs!!" " On the next Town Talk."

There are so many funny little moments in the movie.

jackson13
08-05-2008, 10:22 AM
This is one of my all time faves. I know it by heart.

My favorite moment/part/quote of the whole movie though is when George is depressed, and has to introduce a Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoon:

George Newman (depressed): Hey, kids. Where y'wanna go?
[dead silence]
George Newman (faking excitement): That's right. To Uncle Nutzy's Clubhouse. And boy-oh-boy, are we gonna have big fun today. We're gonna have so much fun, we'll forget about how miserable we are, and how much life SUCKS, and how we're all gonna grow old and die someday.
Little kid: I wanna go home.
George Newman: SHUT UP YOU LITTLE WEASEL!
[beat]
George Newman: Okay. Right now I'd like to show you one of my favorite cartoons. It's a sad, depressing story about a pathetic coyote who spends every waking moment of his life in the futile pursuit of a sadistic roadrunner who *MOCKS* him and *LAUGHS* at him as he's repeatedly *CRUSHED* and *MAIMED*! I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT!!"

The Postmaster General
08-05-2008, 11:18 AM
These two Canadian guys who had the long noses and like had these long sticks and were going "Awahawahawahawaha!" over and over. They were on during the telethon. It just cuts to them for like 3 seconds before going to show the rescue operation. That's probably the best 3 seconds in film history.

Was it Wheel of Fish that they were playin? Lol

Asian dude tells that lady after she picks the wrong shit "you're so stupid!"

"STOOPID! YOU'RE SO STOOPID!"

Rapture27
08-05-2008, 05:03 PM
"STOOPID! YOU'RE SO STOOPID!"
Fuck you!

Lol

TeeRay
08-05-2008, 09:26 PM
UHF is a classic. I need to watch it again at some point.

You found the marble in the oatmeal!

Cunning Visions
08-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I saw this in the theater when it came out and enjoyed the hell out of it. There were only 3 other people in the theater. Stupid Orion, opening it up during that amazing summer of '89 line up, it was bound to get slaughtered.

One of my favorite little moments is the scene where they cut to a newscast with Billy Barty as the cameraman.

Oh and the soundtrack is great, the title track is one of Weird Al's most rocking original songs. "The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota" is also a classic.

hasselbrad
08-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!
Supplies!
As someone pointed out, those shitheads making the retarded spoof movies should be strapped to a chair and shown this film for three days straight.
And then, be allowed to drink from the firehose!