PDA

View Full Version : 25th Hour starring Leo???

echo_bravo
07-07-2008, 07:51 PM
I read somewhere online that Leonardo Dicaprio was very close to signing on to Spike Lee's 25th Hour.

I actually think that Leo would of done a great job as Monty. What do you think?

jaw2929
07-07-2008, 08:48 PM
He would've. Norton's a better actor though IMO, so I'm pleased with his casting.

NathanRomano
07-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I can't imagine it without Norton now

floydtheater07
07-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Dicaprio is a fantastic actor, but I'm so used to Norton in that movie that I can only imagine him as the character.

Reckoner
07-07-2008, 10:32 PM
I do think it would have been interesting to see Leo play the role of Monty and would have possibly made the character even more sympathetic (a special quality he has as an actor), but I doubt he would have surpassed Norton's unrelenting edginess and subtlety. And while Dicaprio has developed amazingly as an actor over the past few years and has honed his talent to much more mature abilities, he certainly has a funny knack for letting some of what could have been his darkest, maybe even most challenging roles slip right through his fingers. Who knows what would have happened if he had done Boogie Nights instead of Titanic or American Psycho rather than The Beach (he was apparently the first choice for the leads of both of those films).