PDA

View Full Version : My Still Frame Animation Idea

bankholdup
06-19-2002, 04:14 PM
Well today I discovered that still frame animation is very cool. I discovered a respect for it while watching the Killer Klowns From Outer Space DVD. It shows the Chiodo Bros. first films and one of them is this great still frame animation short that involves the devil and a Thanksgiving turkey...great stuff.

It's frustrating as hell to do but it's cool looking if you get it just right, which is practically impossible. You also have to make sure that it looks smooth and runs fine. I tested out some old wrestling figures walking on dvd cases and it looks alright, except for the fact that I either move body parts too much for a single frame or the frames don't match up properly. I am using a hi8 camcorder too, so that doesn't make it any easier.

But without further ado, my idea:

I am going to use my friend's superhero and villian action figures. I figure I make two or three villians on a team against quite a few more superheros. Well they will duke it out in the end and the villians will win...they deserve it. What does everybody think?

Invincible
06-19-2002, 04:45 PM
Well...it's good that you like it my friend! I use my wrestling figures to make still shorts on my DV and it looks very good. My friend once made Joker do tricks using the Still Frame animation on his DV it was very funny! You can do so much stuff using a Still Frame Anime it's great!

Bryce Canyon
06-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Good! A movie where reality actually happens and the bad guys win! I love endings like that, where bad guys, who obviously have more power, win. Great idea, especially with the still frame animation.