PDA

View Full Version : 1st Anniversary of Heath Ledger's Passing

God of War
01-22-2009, 12:25 AM
It's been one year since we lost Heath Ledger. My God how time flies! Just wanted to make a topic about him and Naomi Watts his girlfriend, and his family and daughter etc etc. So tragic:(

RIP - Heath.

http://www.topnews.in/light/files/Heath-Ledger-1.jpg

Smiert Spionam
01-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Naomi Watts? I think you mean Michelle Williams. He and Naomi Watts split up in 04. Michelle Williams is the one Ledger has a daughter with.

KcMsterpce
01-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Oh, dear. Are we really going to do this?

Why not "one year, ten year 100 year" anniversaries of countless OTHER celebrities?
Yeah, it's silly for me to post in a thread where I have no interest, but I just can't wrap my head around why Heath deserves this more than anyone else. And how repetitive this kind of topic could be.

Raimo69
01-22-2009, 01:23 AM
A year files. But if I have to here about this all day in the news I will be pissed. It's sad to see how fast a year can actually go.

ToddRH
01-22-2009, 04:14 AM
Heath was a good actor...not a great actor. His portrayal of the Joker was fantastic but honestly...would it have gotten 2/3 the attention it got if he hadn't of died? I also agree that time does fly and it doesn't seem that long since he passed away but hopefully we aren't discussing this at the 2-year, the 5-year, and the 10 year marks.

ElderPredator
01-22-2009, 06:32 AM
And strangely enough, we'll find out today whether he is up for an Oscar for "Best Supporting Actor" when the nominations are revealed.

a7xfan
01-22-2009, 07:48 AM

Why not "one year, ten year 100 year" anniversaries of countless OTHER celebrities?
Yeah, it's silly for me to post in a thread where I have no interest, but I just can't wrap my head around why Heath deserves this more than anyone else. And how repetitive this kind of topic could be.

i agree 100%

muttly69
01-22-2009, 09:19 AM
What the hell ever happend to the who Olsen twin thing?

Mr.HyDe807
01-22-2009, 10:27 AM
Geez, the poster probably found out it was his one year anniversary and decided to make a thread about it. I don't get how this post is trying to show up or be more important than any other celebrity that has died.

Anyways, RIP Heath.

echo_bravo
01-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Why couldnt it have been Shia???

AspectRatio1986
01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't mind this thread at all, this site has been TDK heavy for a couple of years now. RIP Heath, congrats on the globe win and the Oscar nod.

muttly69
01-22-2009, 11:29 AM

lol

Batgirl1979
01-22-2009, 12:10 PM
I can't believe it has been a year already myself, time flies way too fast. Then again it's kinda hard to forget the day Heath passed away as it's my mother's birthday. Nice to hear of the oscar nomination today as well.
I never said it in the first thread, so I'll say it now, I hope you R.I.P Heath.

Mr. Creasy
01-22-2009, 03:01 PM

Yeah... lol

jaw2929
01-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but as much as I don't care for Shia Labuttfuck (got this from another mbr in another thread - can't remember who) - I don't wish death upon him.

God of War
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Geez, the poster probably found out it was his one year anniversary and decided to make a thread about it. I don't get how this post is trying to show up or be more important than any other celebrity that has died.
I believe you mean, author of this topic. If you're referring to me by calling me the poster, then I didn't just find out its been one year , I remember the day he died as if it was yesterday. He's from my country and I have been a big fan of Heath's ever since he made his first show called Roar. My main purpose in making this topic was simply to illustrate how time really does fly fast. And to once again pay my respects to a good actor and a good person. If you have a problem with that, then why bother replying, hmm? Oh, and it was not my intention to try and make this post out to be more important than others. This is a movie discussion board, and that's exactly what I am doing. 2008 was a God awful year in terms of celebrity loss. And If I feel the inclination to make other topics about fallen movie stars, then I will. Is that ok by you? :rolleyes:

BadCoverVersion
01-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I believe you mean, author of this topic. If you're referring to me by calling me the poster, then I didn't just find out its been one year , I remember the day he died as if it was yesterday. He's from my country and I have been a big fan of Heath's ever since he made his first show called Roar. My main purpose in making this topic was simply to illustrate how time really does fly fast. And to once again pay my respects to a good actor and a good person. If you have a problem with that, then why bother replying, hmm? Oh, and it was not my intention to try and make this post out to be more important than others. This is a movie discussion board, and that's exactly what I am doing. 2008 was a God awful year in terms of celebrity loss. And If I feel the inclination to make other topics about fallen movie stars, then I will. Is that ok by you? :rolleyes:

You are ranting and rolling your eyes at the wrong person. If you read his post again he was actually defending you, but whatever...

MisterTwister
01-22-2009, 08:11 PM
RIP Heath.

bigred760
01-22-2009, 08:21 PM
Quite a coincidence that he gets nominated for an Academy Award, one he's more than likely going to win, on the one year anniversary of his death. It's a death that was really tragic, that surprised everyone. It's too bad that he wasn't able to see the success that the movie has become.

rilocay
01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
R.I.P. Heath, you are still and will always be missed.

Mr.HyDe807
01-22-2009, 09:47 PM
You are ranting and rolling your eyes at the wrong person. If you read his post again he was actually defending you, but whatever...

Thank you Bad, that's exactly what i was doing. I don't know where God got the idea that i was against this thread, but more against the fact that people were thinking that this thread was out to be more important than other dead celebrities thread.

Seriously God of War, i don't see how my post was negatively aimed towards you.

fooknasty
01-22-2009, 09:54 PM
I have no idea why anyone would be upset about a person posting a memorial to Heath. He meant a lot to so many different people, and gave one of the greatest performances of all time.

If you don't like it, don't post anything. It's like people get upset because the forum isn't ran their way.

R.I.P. Heath

mutant_gorilla
01-23-2009, 02:43 AM
RIP: Heath Ledger. You rock dude.

Seriously God of War, i don't see how my post was negatively aimed towards you.

FAIL

BadCoverVersion
01-23-2009, 03:26 AM
FAIL

FAIL nothing.

Anyways, RIP Heath.

=

Gosh people. The thread starter probably realised that it was a year since Heath's passing and thought to make a thread in his honour. I don't believe that he is claiming Heath's passing to be more significant than any other celebrity death.

Anyway, back on topic and more importantly, RIP Heath.

Clearer now?

Reigh Kaufman
01-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I never did like the bandwagon, but since watching 'Two Hands' when I was at university, he was always 'one to watch'. I liked his work immensely, and thought he would be around a very long time.

Anyway, for what it is worth, cheers...

APzombie
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Time does go by fast. I remember reading a schmoe post about his death on the Dark Knight forum and thinking it was a bad joke. I remember how i felt when i found out. It really is our generations James Dean. Man... Such a talented young guy. His performance in TDK was astounding. Congrats on the Golden Globe, SAG award and oscar nomination.

that's an infuriating comment. I sincerely doubt you would have reservations of people reflecting on your life one year after you die at 28.