PDA

View Full Version : Maximum Overdrive commentary

HerbertWestPwns
02-26-2009, 12:20 AM
I remember reading awhile back that Maximum Overdrive's laserdisc release had a Stephen King commentary. Has anybody heard it? Is it just King apologizing throughout the duration?

JJFlamingo
02-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Apologizing for what?? It's a great fuckin movie...:confused:

zzz179
02-26-2009, 12:32 PM
yea,Maximum Overdrive is my favorite yea i said it my favorite horror movie of all time!!!

Evil Ed
02-26-2009, 04:23 PM
Any film that sports a truck with a Green Goblin faceplate deserves the Oscar in my opinion.

g1ng3rsnap9ed
02-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Odd that this Thread comes up since I referrenced it in one of my latest Dark Side reviews. I haven't seen Maximum Overdrive yet, but I've mostly heard horrible things about it. Does Stephie King have a big role in it as far as acting? That's always entertaining! :D

Seeing the positive reception around these parts, I may be tempted to hunt this down though. :cool:

HerbertWestPwns
02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
Is it sad that the green goblin truck was more sympathetic than yeardley smith's annoying trollfaced character? I gotta admit though that kid getting steamrolled makes me laugh every time.

oh and g1ng3r King's in it, but in one of his signature cameos.

PackBacker
02-26-2009, 08:34 PM
I'd love to hear a commentary track on the film. I personally love it....just fun cheese. Chomp chomp chomp chomp.

"This machine just called me an asshole!" King gets a good line but has a bad Southern accent.

g1ng3rsnap9ed
02-27-2009, 02:59 PM
oh and g1ng3r King's in it, but in one of his signature cameos.

Aww...I was hoping for a leading role. :(

MisterTwister
02-27-2009, 03:50 PM
Odd that this Thread comes up since I referrenced it in one of my latest Dark Side reviews. I haven't seen Maximum Overdrive yet, but I've mostly heard horrible things about it. Does Stephie King have a big role in it as far as acting? That's always entertaining! :D

Seeing the positive reception around these parts, I may be tempted to hunt this down though. :cool:

Those people who keep telling you it is horrible need to be punched in the face-the movie is awesome fucking cheese. One of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. Plus it has AC/DC doing the soundtrack.

King's cameo is funny as shit. Love it!

g1ng3rsnap9ed
02-28-2009, 04:49 PM
That's awesome. I really want to check it out now.

*Types in Maximum Overdrive movie in You-Tube.* :D

Brendan M.
02-28-2009, 08:51 PM
Someone hooked me up with a Taxi Driver commentary that Scorsese did for a Laserdisc, so I'm sure if King did one for a MO LD, there has got to be someone out there on the internet with an mp3 for it.

poopontheshoes7
03-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Maximum Overdrive is in the top tier of awesome cheesy horror flicks. It straight up rocks. I would love to hear Kings commentary.

Venus Venusia
03-01-2009, 10:44 PM
The first time I ever saw this movie was on TV years ago with Joe Bob Briggs hosting it, which is why I cherish this movie in an odd way, lol. *sigh* Those were some great times!

starcat
03-02-2009, 06:13 PM
I totally loved this movie. When I was a kid and it first hit video I was in love with it, and though time has definately aged it, its still way awesome... plus you can't beat a movie that has an all AC/DC soundtrack.

Zombie Jesus
03-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Those people who keep telling you it is horrible need to be punched in the face-the movie is awesome fucking cheese. One of the most entertaining movies I've ever seen. Plus it has AC/DC doing the soundtrack.

King's cameo is funny as shit. Love it!

X2

Who made who? Who made you!?

MisterTwister
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
X2

Who made who? Who made you!?

Hells yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQDz1hbNh6A

A classic scene from the film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K44PqV2Idk

Lindsey
03-26-2009, 05:39 PM
The first time I ever saw this movie was on TV years ago with Joe Bob Briggs hosting it, which is why I cherish this movie in an odd way, lol. *sigh* Those were some great times!

Damn I miss Monster Vision! lol

Maximum Overdrive is one of my alllll time favorite movies. Its one of my best movies to have in the background, or when I'm feeling down. Not to mention AC/DC is one of my favs as well.

I would love to hear a commentary with King!