PDA

View Full Version : What did you think of Swordfish?

Abbie Normal
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
I watched Swordfish today and it was still good . I remember watching it when it first came out and I liked it. The opening scene was awesome. Hugh was a great hero type. John Travolta has two really good monologues and was bad ass in the shooting scene int he car. Halle was super hot. Very good supporting cast. A bj while Hugh was trying to hack the government in 60 seconds. The story was decent. The misdirection of the movie worked.

I give it 8/10 as an action movie.

paul calf
04-26-2009, 05:29 PM
i enjoyed swordfish thought it was one of travoltas better movies

FireCaptain4
04-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I too enjoy it and posted a thread about it awhile back.

It's nothing great by any means, but it's not too shabby as an over-the-top actioner. It's like what John Woo and Michael Bay would create if they had a love child.

JJFlamingo
04-26-2009, 07:43 PM
Stupid piece of shit. The attempt to make Travolta a "cool" villain fails on almost every level, Jackman is woefully miscast as a computer hacker (as is the guy in the opening scene), Halle's tits are gratuitous and add nothing to the story (unless you like freeze-frame and bottles of lube), the climatic bus lift is a direct ripoff of one of Con Air's best scenes, and the ending is moronic beyond measure...

4/10

LordSimen
04-26-2009, 08:00 PM
I dig it. It's flawed but an overall fun movie.

Reigh Kaufman
04-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Stupid piece of shit. The attempt to make Travolta a "cool" villain fails on almost every level, Jackman is woefully miscast as a computer hacker (as is the guy in the opening scene), Halle's tits are gratuitous and add nothing to the story (unless you like freeze-frame and bottles of lube), the climatic bus lift is a direct ripoff of one of Con Air's best scenes, and the ending is moronic beyond measure...

4/10

This.

Halle prostituted herself in this movie. (And she is an actress so bad that Monster's Ball was nearly - very nearly - destroyed by her "performance".

MidnightAngel
04-26-2009, 08:36 PM
Swordfish is a cool action flick but not a badass film to me. The movie soundtrack is recommended for trance and techno music fans.

Abbie Normal
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Halle's tits are gratuitous and add nothing to the story (unless you like freeze-frame and bottles of lube),

4/10

Dude, how did you know? I liked the scene of her in the red lingerie better though.

4 of 10 is high considering how much you killed it.

Spice
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I enjoyed Swordfish :) Good no brainer fun

razgriz21
04-27-2009, 12:07 AM
It's nothing great by any means, but it's not too shabby as an over-the-top actioner. It's like what John Woo and Michael Bay would create if they had a love child.

Not a bad combination.:)

I enjoy Travolta in his villain roles except Battlefield Earth.

poopontheshoes7
04-27-2009, 12:37 AM
I remember liking it. Havent seen it a loooong time though. Might give it a re-watch soon.

bigred760
04-28-2009, 08:19 AM
I watch it sometimes when it's on TV, but I don't think it's that great. It has some memorable scenes, but for the most part it's an over the top action movie trying to be just that.