PDA

View Full Version : Saw BluRay Releases?

TheGorehound
05-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I recently got a PS3 and now I just got an HDTV, so I am finally equiped to watch bluray movies. So I thought I'd get the Saw films, but at this point in the game I figured the best thing to do is get a bluray box set of all the Saw films (including the upcoming VI) if one exists/is coming out.

Are there any already released bluray sets for Saw? I know they did a trilogy DVD box set but I don't know if they did a bluray version of that.

Sundaytrucker
05-14-2009, 01:55 AM
There is an amazon.com exclusive for Saw 1-4 on Blu-Ray for 47.99. I really wouldn't recomend the Saw series as an intro into Blu-ray quality if thats what your into, and let's face it, that's what most of us are into the BD for.

The picture Quality isn't great for the Saw transfers. Very grainy, with lots of Black level issues. Although that probably was the intent.

Not technically Horror, but your First Blu Ray disc should be the Dark Knight. The IMAX scences will rock your world as far as quality is concerned.

as far as horror goes, Zodiac looks outstanding, Halloween is a big upgrade from the original in clarity and color, House of 1,000 Corpses and The Descent would both be solid BD discs to own.

TheGorehound
05-17-2009, 11:07 PM
I'm only going to get movies worth spending the extra money on for bluray versions. For me that's the Karate Kid (which isn't on bluray and probably too old a film to really take advantage of the tech), Spider-Man trilogy, Transformers, and in the horror department: the Saw series.

Vidfreek
07-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Nope no Saw box set yet on Bluray, I'm sure sometime they will make one but who knows how long the Saw movies will actually go (I dont believe they will end at VI ;))

They are definitely worth the pickup and have a HUGE improvement in picture quality, the grain is on purpose but it annoys some people (like 300 did even though its supposed to be there), the first SAW on Bluray kind of sucks as its not the Unrated version and hardly has any features at all, but you are only missing 40 seconds of footage between the versions, still sucks it has no features but it was Lionsgates first Bluray pretty much (if you cant find it for cheap I would wait for a double dip)....otherwise I think its worth owning them all and I buy them on day one as its my current favorite series in the horror genre