PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone here

Philanidas
07-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Who thought Brian Cox was a better Lecter than Hopkins?

BlownCamaro
07-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Nope, sorry.

FireCaptain4
07-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I'm going to have to agree with Blown.

There may be a few other Schmoes who prefer Cox, but he always seemed really stiff in the role. Granted, his role in Manhunter was a bit smaller than Hopkins' in Red Dragon so he didn't have as much time to show off.

Freddy Krueger
07-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Not even a little bit.

zombievictim
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
Hopkins all the way. Cox was rather bland.

SuperMarcey
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I thought they were both awesome, in different ways. Manhunter was an amazing film, and I can't help but wonder how Cox would have faired. But Hopkins made the role his own.

KillerKlown
07-06-2009, 07:49 AM
I preferred Cox, to be honest - Just compare Cox's performance in Manhunter to Hopkins' performance in Red Dragon. Its easy to see which one is better.

teenkiller
07-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Not that I thought there was anything terrible about Cox but put me on the list of those who prefer Hopkins. Cox didn't have as much to work with but I'm not sure it would have mattered anyway since Hopkins just owned the role. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

g1ng3rsnap9ed
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I haven't seen Cox's performance as Lecter, but I'd say it's a safe-bet to assume Hopkins' was better. I mean, when I think Hannibal Lecter I see Hopkins in my mind's eye, ya' know?

SuperMarcey
07-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Yeah but of course you will since you haven't seen Cox in the role :p

God of War
07-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Nope, sorry.

g1ng3rsnap9ed
07-07-2009, 10:38 AM
Yeah but of course you will since you haven't seen Cox in the role :p

Curse you and your...logic!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Reigh Kaufman
07-07-2009, 10:47 AM
Cox did okay - but Lecter is a character that needed to be ramped up to 11 and Hopkins did that.

Cox as Big John in L.I.E, however, was a masterclass.

poopontheshoes7
07-07-2009, 05:28 PM
No, not me. But I do think Ted Levine is better then Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs. Levine doesn't get NEARLY the amount of love he deserves for Buffalo Bill. A villain ten time more terrifying then Lector imo. Lector is more the villain I like to watch because he's so cool and smooth. Buffalo Bill is just straight up terrifying. I can't watch Levine in anything else without getting creeped out by him.

Antonio141
07-07-2009, 05:37 PM
They were both great, but Cox underplayed it while Tony went wayyy over the top if you watch LAMBS now in hindsight. He reeled it in in HANNIBAL but went wild in RED DRAGON.

darchangel
07-08-2009, 04:08 PM
Um...no. Hopkins all the way!

I agree w/poop in that Buffalo Bill doesn't get nearly the amount of credit that he should for his role in Lambs...he was awesome!

Antonio141
07-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I preferred Cox, to be honest - Just compare Cox's performance in Manhunter to Hopkins' performance in Red Dragon. Its easy to see which one is better.

Hopkins was laughably bad in RED DRAGON! Just totally awful!

KillerKlown
07-09-2009, 07:12 AM
Hopkins was laughably bad in RED DRAGON! Just totally awful!

Agreed. It sounded like he was doing a piss-poor impression of Hannibal. The "I believe we're making progress" line was just terrible.

On a different note, Ted Levine was fantastic as Buffalo Bill. Every time I see him in Monk I can imagine him coming out with the "Will you fuck me?" line and each time I hear the Q Lazarus song 'Goodbye Horses', I always feel the need to shove my tackle between my legs and perform a Mangina act. :D

SchizoidManiac
07-10-2009, 11:08 PM
I think Hopkins was awesome as Lecter, I like Red Dragon and can't see why anyone can say that he was bad in it.

I plan to watch it again and again.:(

FireCaptain4
07-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Agreed on Levine. His voice gave me goosebumps in Joy Ride.

"Candy cannneee..."

Tagia_Romero
07-11-2009, 03:16 AM
Cox did okay - but Lecter is a character that needed to be ramped up to 11 and Hopkins did that.

Indeed. It's a shame because Cox's Lecter didn't have enough time to stretch his wings as it were. His performance wasn't gloriously colourful like Hopkins, but it would be interesting to imagine what could have been if Cox were given more screen time.

KillerKlown
07-12-2009, 05:19 PM
I like Red Dragon and can't see why anyone can say that he was bad in it.

You watched it with the sound on?

Jack_Cheze
08-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Cox is better... at least as far as "Red Dragon" is concerned. In some ways "Red Dragon" is closer to the book than "Manhunter" was... but in other ways not even close (Ed Norton sucked hard as Graham). The whole thing took a bad turn when SotL got so big, Jodie Foster went crazy and the movie series turned into the Lecter show.

I'm not dissing Hopkins, he's awesome but he was kinda over the top in the character

KillerKlown
08-07-2009, 07:32 AM
Another thing that pissed me off a bit was Lecter got too much screen time in Red Dragon. At least in Manhunter it focused on Graham and the Toothfairy (as in the book).