PDA

View Full Version : Job Occupation

Bondgirl
08-08-2011, 08:19 PM
I thought l would start this thread to see waht everyone does for a living

I know there are some people who have lost there jobs or have been retrenched because of emploeres closing there bisnesses so if you are unemployered you shouldnt feel ashamed abouit that
These days it is hard to keep a job

Anyway l will start first
I work at a exclusive private girls school as a waitress ,bar tender,and also l help out the chef with food prep and also cooking

we have to cater for the boarding students who live in the boarding house so of cause we feed them and make sure they are catered for

Also we cater for weddings office funitions and any other function people want
oh we also cater for the local RSL club (Retired Servicemen who fought in World War 2

It can be a good job and it is always different everyday
My job discription is that l am a catering assistent

God of War
08-08-2011, 08:27 PM
It sounds like you have a great job, BG. And you seem to enjoy it?

I became redundant this January 2011. I worked for Lifeline for 3 years up until then. Great job. I felt like I was contributing to society. I got alot of great deals on stuff. Met many wonderful people, as well as some very nice chicky-babes. But my warehouse was closed. I got transferred to another one, but it sucked. The boss sucked. So, I told them all to get fucked!

Before that I worked in the food industry for a about 3 years. Once again, many benefits from this job. I just left that one. They were tight-asses. Before that I was a TA. No, not tit and ass. Lol. I wish. TA stands for a trades assistant. Did that for a few years. Also, I have made outdoor dunnies. Great money, but a shit of a job. Lol Nah, it was ok. just boring as hell. I have experience in the metal trade, but no ticket. I am currently looking for another job in the furniture industry.

At the moment I am sitting on my ass making gifs. If only I got paid to do that. Heh

So, my job occupation is; USELESS, LAZY, UNEMPLOYED DUMBASS

GoGoYubari
08-08-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm a stay at home mommy =)
my husband does accounting for a local company

the clever guy
08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Bartender.

Been doing it for a few years now, and I love it. And yes, I do do the whole "Tom Cruise" bartending stuff, too (aka: flair bartending, or flairtending).

Sure, I've worked at some really shitty places (and I have stories to back 'em up), but as of right now I'm working at a craft beer pub serving about 250 different craft brews.

Yes, 250 CRAFT brews. In other words, we tell Miller and Anheiser-Busch (aka, the beer Nazi regime) to get fucked. We serve BEER.

Although, I'll probably be leaving the Chicagoland area to move back to Colorado as there is a better opportunity there for me. Still bartending.

Bondgirl
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Yes my job is enjoyable

But l can tell you sometimes they push you into certain fuctions and itcan be hard work when there is one of you
When l look after the boarders who come from all over the world most are asian students but we do have some other students who come from all over australia who want a good edcation

we also have some who come from America too

I sometimes feel sorry for the children because they miss there homeland and they treat you like a parent
We also have Birthday partys once a month for these kids
To be a boarding student you pay 50,000 dollars and if you are a daystudent it is 10,000

Well god of war you have worked in some nice jobs and they are hard to come by but also you said that one place was a pain in the arse

But you will find something again and never give up hope
I know with my current job l kept annoying them until they hired me
But dont you think that some of those employment agencys where they find you work can be a pain and they try and make you go into some areas of work where you know you can do better
I know when l was on center link around five yrs ago they told me to go for a job and it was a strawberry farm and geez they pay you next to nothing l wouldnt take it so they took my employment benifit money away from me for over 3mths geez l had to find work fast and l did in a week this is my current job where l was nearly living on nothing

it was a blessing they hired me on the spot

Bondgirl
08-08-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm a stay at home mommy =)
my husband does accounting for a local company

Well l have to admit l was a stay at home mum too for a couple of years
I feel it is good for the children to have one parent home with them.

I know my daughter benifited from having me there and it was great to see her say her first words and crawl and do all those sorts of things

Your husbands job sounds good

Oh l also want to point out that before my current job l was a childcare assistent
I can tell yuo that it is a great job looking after babies and one thing l liked was teaching 3 and 4yr olds

bantameant
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm a Social Media & Client Services Manager. I'm also in the process of starting my own consulting business - social media for small businesses/organizations in the area.

I also do tons of contract work when the opportunity arises. Most recently for my last employer, a market research company in Toronto. I've got a few things coming up - oddly, both related to the adult entertainment industry.

I used to work for NBCUniversal, before that I was a SAHM.

creekin111
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
Midget wrestling promoter.

AceD
08-08-2011, 10:16 PM
Although, I'll probably be leaving the Chicagoland area to move back to Colorado as there is a better opportunity there for me. Still bartending.

Where were you tending bar in Chi-town, if you don't mind me asking? I've darkened a lot of doors there.

As for me, I direct a youth camp for underprivileged kids. We do 9 weeks of camp in the summer and a variety of before- and after-school programs throughout the year. I spend my days either with kids or championing the cause of kids. I also coach high school basketball. I thoroughly love what I do: I wake up excited and go to bed tired, and I feel like that's a good combination.

QUENTIN
08-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I injure myself using popular products from major companies and threaten to sue the pants off of them, then settle out of court for a small percentage.

I've found so long as I always have at least one case pending/injury healing, I don't have to work.

the clever guy
08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Where were you tending bar in Chi-town, if you don't mind me asking? I've darkened a lot of doors there.

As for me, I direct a youth camp for underprivileged kids. We do 9 weeks of camp in the summer and a variety of before- and after-school programs throughout the year. I spend my days either with kids or championing the cause of kids. I also coach high school basketball. I thoroughly love what I do: I wake up excited and go to bed tired, and I feel like that's a good combination.

I was bar backing/tending at a bar called Uncle Fatty's Rum Resort.

DaveyJoeG
08-10-2011, 10:14 AM
I am a news photographer for a local tv station. I am actually the main chopper photographer for our organization, which is a lot of fun. I basically fly around in a helicopter taking aerials all day. I also do ground stories with reporters or sometimes by myself. The news industry is pretty crazy, but I love photography, so I consider myself pretty fortunate to be able to do it for a living.

I also do freelance videography but business has been slow during this recession, not many people in my broke-ass city can afford my rates. I've posted a few of my videos on this site here and there.

athf1980
08-10-2011, 02:59 PM
I work at McDonalds. I work in the grill. I tend to work 10-5 w/ sunday and tuesday off
I have been there since May 1998

vesaker
08-10-2011, 03:18 PM
lowly file clerk

nicobinho
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
Well I'm from Vermont and I hold an emerging maple syrup conglomerate.

Venus Venusia
08-10-2011, 07:19 PM
I work at an assisted living home and pass out medications to the residents. It's okay for the time being while I pursue my art degree. I love the residents but work has been hard lately as I've lost quite a few of my closest residents.

Hucksta G
08-10-2011, 07:28 PM
A Broadcast Monitor at Media Monitors

Bondgirl
08-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Do you know l only wanted to start this thread so not only me but other members could see what all of you do for a living
I know that sometimes l will talk to a member and this is a qestion is sometihng l always ask

There is so many interesting jobs you all do

RustyRazor
08-12-2011, 07:06 AM
I manage a storage facility.
Nothing like "Storage Wars" or "Auction Hunters" goes on here (though there is quite a bit of reality flavored stuff going on)

creekin111
08-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I've actually had a few different jobs working with famous actors, talent and athletes that a lot of people would die for. Right now I work for a pretty large film company but times as you know are tough. They haven't hired anyone at my place in years.

overwatch
08-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Full time student

Lazy Boy
08-12-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm a vision therapist. It's a pretty interesting field of work. I mostly deal with young kids, maybe a couple of self sufficient older teens.

creekin111
08-12-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm a vision therapist. It's a pretty interesting field of work. I mostly deal with young kids, maybe a couple of self sufficient older teens.

Doesn't sound too lazy.

Erroneous
08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I am in sales to retail stores and believe it or not, I make my living getting people to like me. I am pretty successful too!

The movie Zohan is 100% right in the NY metro area.

A.J. Hakari
08-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Video store clerk.

Vong
08-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Video store clerk.

Randall?

I'm a junior archivist at the Archives of Ontario

A.J. Hakari
08-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Randall?

Feels like it some days.

I started in July '04, then left in August '06 when I started school in another city. I was hired back on in December '07 when the old manager walked out and a new one took over, then I worked until August '08, when I left after getting a job as a board operator for Clear Channel. Left that job after a month, graduated from college, then got hired back at the store in February '09. Worked there ever since.

Badbird
08-13-2011, 01:17 AM
A movie theater manager since December of 1994, mostly part time, though I did do it full time for a bit. It just didn't pay the bills.

After a two year stint as an unemployed vampire, I now have a job at a company that digitizes documents for companies that want to "go paperless." That basically means scanning a bunch of shit.

But we also do microfilming, which is what I've mostly been doing for the past few months. It can be interesting. I've handled newspapers from the late 1800s. Based on the advertising, everyone was really sick and needed all kinds of snake oils and magic elixirs.

RustyRazor
08-13-2011, 08:36 AM
Video store clerk.

Hey...what are your late fee charges?

A.J. Hakari
08-13-2011, 08:53 AM
Hey...what are your late fee charges?

It all depends on what you rent -- fees are pro-rated, so if you rented an old release, keeping it out five days late would be the same price as renting it all over again.

KcMsterpce
08-13-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm a professional liar.
No, wait - no I'm not.

OK I am!

poopontheshoes7
08-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Held shitty retail jobs off and on for a few years. Then landed a long term shitty retail job I've been working for over 2 years now.

MisoGenie
08-13-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm a writer. :)

bigred760
08-15-2011, 08:21 AM
I work for a television network as a master control operator.

AspectRatio1986
08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm a mason.

creekin111
08-15-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm a writer. :)

Is that code word for unemployed? :p

MikeMovie
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm a full-time student, a writer, and an amateur music producer!!! :p

fooknasty
08-16-2011, 10:28 AM
2nd year as an 8th Grade Grammar Teacher, 7th Grade Baskebtall Coach, and JV Baseball Coach

Love my job. I love to teach, love to work with kids, I love coaching, love everything about it.

Preston_79
08-16-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm a student, landlord, and I work a couple days a week slangin pizza at Papa Murphy's. Only work at Papa's for the 50% off the food which I hook my tenants up with weekly. Just part of the perks of renting from me.

MisoGenie
08-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Is that code word for unemployed? :p

Pretty much, yeah! :D

Bondgirl
08-16-2011, 08:49 PM
Well there is alot of unemployed people out there in this world
It is a shame that everyone can not have a job
Alot of people will go for hundreds of interveiws and never get anywhere
I know that was my case a couple of years back
it was because l stayed home with my daughter for a couple of years
Even though it was great having time spent in seeing my daughter grow and be happy taht l was there for her
it didnt help me getting employed when l wanted to go back
Alot of people like hiring people who have worked steady jobs but if you take around two years from that they dont want to know you

But l am glad l have been in my current job for nearly 5 years and it is great getting weekly money instead of relying on unemployment benifits
Plus l hate the employment agencys who try and fid you jobs when they cant get you anything they try and put you into shit jobs which pay crap wages
I lost my centrelinc payments due to not going for a job where l couldnt get too
I hadno money to pay bills plus they did this around christmas
What to you say to a child that they will not get christmas presents because mum has no money or food to put on the table
I got a job in a week and fought to get it

Laksmikanti
08-24-2011, 09:27 AM
I am a bilingual secretary, working in a japanese company. I kind of enjoy this job, but don't like the country were I work , economy is really bad these days.