PDA

View Full Version : Lando Calrissian - Is it just me, or was he a pimp?

Irene Manor
10-24-2001, 07:02 AM
Okay. Just watch Empire and tell me that something isn't going on at Cloud City.
Lando is definiately up to no good! Cutting "deals" with the Empire, wearig that purple cape.... Come on! Watch it and tell me services aren't offered in the Magnificant Cloud City.

Oh. Cloud City is just a spa, or something. Yeah.... Then you get in the back with some freaky space babe and the credit card numbers start flying. In the mean time Lando is pulling the shaft on his old drug and gun running buddy just to keep his buisness going a bit longer.

Why did the Empire need to cut a deal with Lando? He gave the Empire Luke Skywalker, what did they give him? Maybe a little head turning, do you think?

Well, I guess it's just one theory. You tell me, what was Lando's job, excactly? Was it explored in an of the SW novels? Anyone?

Oh - And didn't he make some sort of innuendo with Leia?

[This message has been edited by Irene Manor (edited 10-24-2001).]

Bladerunner
10-24-2001, 09:12 AM
Especially telling was the added scene from the Special Edition where he picks up that microphone thing and says, "The MAN has taken over the city! All my Bitches and Hos get the fuck out, true dat!"

I'm with you here, Irene, you're onto the biggest Lucasfilm closet skeleton, yet!

Bladerunner

James Logan
10-24-2001, 10:56 AM
Irene, Irene, Irene, Irene...always digging out weird stories. http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif

Anyway I don't know the answer to the question, but maybe I can help cuz I read a few STAR WARS novels.
In those, Lando just continues to buy and own stuff like the Cloud City. Mines on Kessel, stuff like that. He's also shown as a professional gambler. But no pimp stories. http://www.joblo.com/ubb/wink.gif

As for why the Empire needed Lando...Lando was governor of Cloud City and friend of Han Solo. Cloud City was independant from the Empire. Darth Vader, knowing Han and so Luke would come to the Cloud City, decided to wait for them there. So, to do things in order, he demanded that Lando let Imperial troops occupy the Cloud City until Skywalker came. In exchange, the Cloud City would keep its indepedance from the Empire.
Simple as that. http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif

Irene Manor
10-24-2001, 11:06 AM
Glad you all like this one!

Yeah - But why did Lando need to be independent from the Empire? What effect would the Empire have over him if he was just a stright-up buisness man playing by the laws? It reminds me of lobbyists who cut deals with the government to push initiatives for stuff like getting pot legal, or what-not.

Lando: Vader how 'bout you giving a hustler a break? Your boys from the Empire are always down hear running my customers off.

Vader: Hmmm. I'll tell you what Cloud City will gain total freedom from the Empire once you turn over Skywalker.

Lando: It's a deal! [motions to freinds that the backdoor is wide open]

Thanks James, I appreciate a diehard fan's perspective.

[This message has been edited by Irene Manor (edited 10-24-2001).]

meccajay
10-24-2001, 12:34 PM
**Picking himself off the floor from laughter**

Irene that is the funniest thing Ive read in history!!! God, if this whole thread doesnt make it into Clerks II then there is no justice!!