PDA

View Full Version : Please Please Please Please help me

gl2899
02-07-2002, 07:06 PM
I am a political junkie (Although I dont cater to either party, I think both major parties have good points and PLENTY of bad points) how can I forget an actors political views when watching a movie (in this case Ahnuld, id like to see and enjoy Collateral damage)? It bugs me when Actors (Right wingers like Arnold, Charlton Heston, Bruce Willis etc AND left wingers Tim Robbins and Susan sarandon, Alec Baldwin etc) try to cram their political opinions down peoples throats (entertain me please, you're entitled to your opinion but I dont have to hear it). I want to be able to look past The political and enjoy the actors FOR THEIR WORK. has anyone else had this problem? And if so, How did you get over it.

Nate6
02-07-2002, 07:35 PM
Even though I'm more of a left-wing guy, I find it's easier to enjoy a movie starring a right-winger. Reason is, left-wing celebrities cram it down your throat (watch The Rosie O'Donnell Show sometime, whoa!) where as most right-wingers, like Arnold and Bruce, tend not to make it so...public. Plus I don't like Alec Baldwin.

Big Screen Fan
02-08-2002, 06:16 AM
I never take in to account an actor's politics or personal life into their character, because they are NOT that person. In my opinion, if you can't see the character, only the actor, they are not worth watching anyway!!!

Flagg
02-08-2002, 06:22 PM
I watch actors/actresses based solely on their ability to entertain me. I really couldn't care less about their political views. Nobody can shove anything down my throat that I don't want to hear. These are entertainers not politicians, so anything they have to say thats not entertainment related I pay no mind to anyway.

Cyclonus
02-08-2002, 07:26 PM
You took the words out of my mouth!

Seth
02-10-2002, 11:12 PM
I agree I am tired of always seeing a actor trying to get votes for political candidates. They should invest their time into their movie and not as a campaign billboard.

ColinM
02-10-2002, 11:27 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nate6:
...left-wing celebrities cram it down your throat (watch The Rosie O'Donnell Show sometime, whoa!) where as most right-wingers, like Arnold and Bruce, tend not to make it so...public.</font>

That's because Hollywood is primarily left-wing, and celebrities know it helps their career if they are too. Pretty goddamn annoying, especially on the Rosie show since she doesn't have any clue what she's talking about.