PDA

View Full Version : What Do CHRISTIAN BALE & STEVE BUSCEMI Have In Common?

Raena
02-12-2002, 10:17 PM
They were both SNUBBED by the Academy after two wonderful performances in AMERICAN PSYCHO & GHOST WORLD. . .

Some others I can think of. . .

How about Eddie Norton and Brad Pitt for FIGHT CLUB?

Any others??

Mike Damone
02-12-2002, 11:05 PM
As much as I dislike the lack of nominations for Pitt and Norton in Fight Club, I don't think you can really totally blame the academy. Not only did it receive some bad reviews, the movie also failed to get any audience when it was released. The movie wasn't really appreciated until it came out on video, which would be around Oscar nomination time.

Another big snub this year is Billy Bob for The Man Who Wasn't There. I can't think of any more snubs, but I agree with Bale and Buscemi.

BakeTheMooCow
02-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Definitely Steve Buscemi for Ghost World. and Guy Pearce for Memento.

ColinM
02-13-2002, 10:18 AM
Some more from this year:

Cameron Diaz in Vanilla Sky
Ewan McGregor in Moulin Rouge
Guy Pearce in Memento
Haley Joel Osment in A.I.
Hayden Christensen in Life as a House
Jude Law in A.I.

The Other
02-13-2002, 12:05 PM
Baz Luhrman for Best Director for Moulin Rouge

SIREN30
02-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Nicole Kidman for TO DIE FOR and Christian Bale for EMPIRE OF THE SUN, not AMERICAN PSYCHO. Sorry. I just think that performance in EMPIRE was one of the best jeauvenile ones ever.

ColinM
02-13-2002, 05:39 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The Other:
Baz Luhrman for Best Director for Moulin Rouge</font>

I can't believe I forgot this one. Excellent choice, Other. Christopher Nolan is another one, but I knew he would be ignored...

QuentinTarantino
02-13-2002, 07:18 PM
I'm so fucking pissed off that the Academy has snubbed Cameron Crowe's great film "Vanilla Sky". There is no nominations for it in any of the main catagorys. I thought Tom Cruise should've been nominated and Cameron Crowe for best director. The movie was amazing.

Although I am so happy to see David Lynch get a nomination and regonised for his excellent film.

Go David Lynch!!!!!!

--QT

Scarface989
02-13-2002, 07:58 PM
its hard to blame the Academy for not nominating Bale for AP, since its not really an academy-type film, and the thought of awarding a guy who played a snobby rich guy musta been to close to home