PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Smith on MAGNOLIA

FeverDog420
06-13-2002, 05:03 PM
Does anyone know where I can find Kevin's Magnolia rant? I've checked ViewAskew but couldn't find it anywhere...

jaaron
06-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Try this link

http://home.cwru.edu/~bcl3/

bluntman86
06-13-2002, 07:45 PM
I am a very loyal Kevin Smith fan but I have to disagree with him here,I really liked Magnolia.I don't think it is as good as Boogie Nights which I love to fucking death but I think Magnolia is pretty cool.Smith and PT are 2 of my all time favorite filmakers,they are both geniuses in my eyes.

flowrchild
06-13-2002, 07:57 PM
I loved Magnolia, and I love Kevin Smith. But he does have a point in his rant. If expressing his opinion of not liking a movie makes people so angry that they practically email him with death threats, then they are the ones with the problem, not him. Hell, what fun would the world be if we didn't have different opinions?

Scarface98.9
06-13-2002, 09:33 PM
but the weird thing is that he basically criticized the interviewer for his opinion, but then asks people to not hate him cause he has a different opinion, despite the fact that he criticized the guy. or something like that

movieDUDE68686
06-13-2002, 10:27 PM
Kevin Smith sux! magnolia was the best movie!!!!!

Irene Manor
06-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Kevin Smith needs to see a surgeon for a head reduction.

He slams Anderson for ripping Scorcese, but everyone else is nice enough to not rip him for ripping Linklater.

The guy writes good scripts, but he needs to put his genitals where his mouth is. No one deserves to be criticized by a fellow proffesional in that manner. It's just not cool. I hope the guy grows up and one day fesses that he shouldn't have pissed on Anderson's movie like that.

[This message has been edited by Irene Manor (edited 06-13-2002).]

bob
06-13-2002, 11:26 PM
Why does everybody care that Kevin Smith hates Magnolia? If I was to post here that I thought Magnolia sucked(I didn't, it was alright, nothing special), would you react that way to me? I'm not trying to put myself above anybody, but i find it odd that people are so concerned with what celebrities think.