PDA

View Full Version : RUE MORGUE magazine has the ULTIMATE "Halloween Resurrection" coverage plus MORE!

Guts In My Face
07-06-2002, 05:45 PM
I just picked up the newest editon of RUE MORGUE magazine, a horror themed mag based in Canada. Not sure if you can get it in the States, but for all you HALLOWEEN fans it offers some great new coverage on RESURRECTION, plus a retrospective on the past sequels, a look back at the FIRST Halloween, an article all about the different Masks used, and an article about the late Donald Pleasence, and if that wasn't enough an article about how HALLOWEEN caused the rise of the slasher films. Not bad for 6 bucks! Sorta puts FANGORIA to shame. LOL.

And on the back cover of the magazine is a giant poster for HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. The best looking image of the poster you can get. The only funny thing I noticed is that the poster sais OPENING IN SELECT THEATERS. I always thought HALLOWEEN movies opened NATION WIDE.

screamtrilogy1
07-06-2002, 08:41 PM
where can you find it?

Boogeyman
07-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Yeah, I saw this at Halloweenmovies.com and I AM HUNTING FOR IT! I really hope they have it in Texas! 6 $??? That sounds awesome.

anyway, i hope i can find this puppy!

later

nickbabs1186
07-06-2002, 09:01 PM
God I want this! I really hope that it's able to buy here in the states http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif

http://www.rue-morgue.com/images/iss28.jpg

[This message has been edited by nickbabs1186 (edited 07-06-2002).]

stevereno
07-06-2002, 09:48 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Guts In My Face:
I just picked up the newest editon of RUE MORGUE magazine, a horror themed mag based in Canada. Not sure if you can get it in the States, but for all you HALLOWEEN fans it offers some great new coverage on RESURRECTION, plus a retrospective on the past sequels, a look back at the FIRST Halloween, an article all about the different Masks used, and an article about the late Donald Pleasence, and if that wasn't enough an article about how HALLOWEEN caused the rise of the slasher films. Not bad for 6 bucks! Sorta puts FANGORIA to shame. LOL.

And on the back cover of the magazine is a giant poster for HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. The best looking image of the poster you can get. The only funny thing I noticed is that the poster sais OPENING IN SELECT THEATERS. I always thought HALLOWEEN movies opened NATION WIDE.

</font>

im from toronto and i have never heard of RUE MORGUE magazine

GUTS, would you know if they have it in toronto or not?

SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Guts In My Face
07-06-2002, 10:09 PM
That's odd that you can't find it in Toronto. I got mine at the book store Chapters and they had about 6 copies. My only suggestion would be to shop around at all the book stores in your area, and maybe ask them if they can order it for you.

[This message has been edited by Guts In My Face (edited 07-06-2002).]

CAPTAIN BLAKE
07-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Oh yeah, they sell this mag in the states...I find 'em in BORDERS, BARNES AND NOBLE, BOOKS A MILLION. And I'm in repressive Florida, so you SHOULD be able to find it in good bookstores everywhere. The HALLOWEEN coverage is great in this issue, and that cover...damn, that may be my favorite mag cover ever. Compare it to the cover of the newest issue of FANGORIA (which also features Myers on the cover), and it's obvious who has the better art director.
Killer magazine, if you can't find it in stores, go to their website and get a subscription.

Guts In My Face
07-06-2002, 10:20 PM
INTERESTING INFORMATION about Donald Pleasence from the article...He hated HALLOWEEN 2 because he thought it had too much sex and gore. He did HALLOWEEN 4 because Carpenter asked him too after doing PRINCE OF DARKNESS for him. He did H5 only because it was basically rushed into production after 4 and felt obligated. At this time he also felt his career was going nowhere and he was taking paychecks wherever he could get them because he was desperate. He also hated H5 (like most everybody). He thought H6 was the best written sequel of them all, but didn't live long enough to see the outcome. In all, he wasn't very proud of his career towards the end and only did the Halloween movies for the money. But damn was he good anyway!

Boogeyman
07-06-2002, 11:39 PM
IM REALLY glad to know that they seel them at Barnes and Nobles because im going there tommorow to find it.

later

stevereno
07-06-2002, 11:46 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Guts In My Face:
That's odd that you can't find it in Toronto. I got mine at the book store Chapters and they had about 6 copies. My only suggestion would be to shop around at all the book stores in your area, and maybe ask them if they can order it for you.

[This message has been edited by Guts In My Face (edited 07-06-2002).]</font>

nest time im in down town TORONTO i'll check chapters becuz there isn't one in my suburb

SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Linus*likes*noise
07-07-2002, 07:41 AM
There is a corner store near my house and they ALWAYS stock up on Fangoria and Rue morge. I live downtown so all the crazy people like me are able to get their horror fix. Anyways I am going today to see if it's in yet. http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif

I already have the Fangoria and I was wondering if anyone else thought about something?..

WHY DOESN'T HALL8WEEN GET ITS OWN COVER???

Its the first time I have ever seen a sp/it cover on Fango and it angers me so...

I can se putting vampires on instead of H20(he had the top right square, H20 kinda blew) but Resurection? I personaly think it is going to turn out good and if Jason X should get it's own cover, Hall8ween should too.

What the hell is 8 legged freaks doing on the cover anyways?!?

NuclearMisfit
07-07-2002, 09:03 AM
I dont know about eight legged freaks, its supposed to be Horror, but do you actually think David Arquette can actually do horror, and one thing I dont like about eight legged freaks is all the animal cruelty like the dog and the cat, Im not like an animal activist or anything but still. I wish I could get fangoria near me, they never deliver it here anymore so im missing out on some good reading.

Boogeyman
07-07-2002, 08:32 PM
NOOOOO! I went to Barnes and Nobles but they didnt have Rue Morgue. I got the FANGORIA issue but I want them both! O well, Ima keep searching!!

later

nickbabs1186
07-07-2002, 09:18 PM
My B&N didn't have it either. I'll go check it after I see HalloweeN 8. They should have it by then.