PDA

View Full Version : Horror images that are etched in your brain

Gore 4 All
03-01-2001, 02:59 PM
Horror movies are filled with images that will forever haunt people because of either the fear they envoke, the sickening gore they showed, or the twisted images that scarred our fragile minds.

What image do you remember specificly for doing just that?

For me, it will always be the chest-bursting alien scene in the original ALIEN. Seeing that at a very early age made for one horrific moment.

loner
03-01-2001, 03:24 PM
Henry and Otis murdering a defenseless family and then watching the videotape they made of it in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. It isn't really graphic in terms of gore, but watching a helpless family get butchered in their own home was appalling. The sheer cold-bloodedness of the scene really churned my stomach. Sicko serial killers are always more scarier than monsters or aliens because they are real.

Mike
03-01-2001, 03:29 PM
Is HENRY: PORTRAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER good? ,
I've heard it was...

loner
03-01-2001, 03:33 PM
HENRY is one of those movies that are very difficult to enjoy but impossible to stop watching. So yes it is very good but it is fuckin' brutal.

ObiWanJabroni
03-01-2001, 11:14 PM
I agree the scene In Henry: POASK left an uneasy feeling.

The scene that will ALWAYS freak me out and I can't get outta my head if from Exorcist 3, the hallway murder -- that's one of the few times I was actually too scared to even finish watching the movie, I had to pause it and recollect myself for a few minutes.

playgames
03-01-2001, 11:36 PM
when I think of horror I do see certain scenes flash in front of my eyes.

1.That pea soup green vomit in the Exorcist

2.Jason walking with that knife at his side in the trailers to Friday the 13th

3.Dracula at the top of the staircase in the original.

4.Frankenstein with the bolts in his neck.

5.the Shower scene.

6.Micheal Myers looking at himself in the mirror,while he is wearing that rubber Captain Kirk halloween mask that has been painted white

the night watchman
03-01-2001, 11:44 PM
I'm with loner (ironic statement, that /ubb/wink.gif ); the home invasion scene in "Henry" was unbearable.

playgames
03-01-2001, 11:50 PM
What about the scene where they tie the girl to the bed and she sees him scouping out creme lotion.The screaming begins.

Rindy
03-02-2001, 08:34 AM
Mike standing in the corner at the end of Blair Witch.

Reagan on the bed with that freaky looking demon behind her in the exorcist.

Snert
03-02-2001, 03:47 PM
In Hannibal, the end with the brain....And the end of Blair Witch!

Hypnotic Eye
03-02-2001, 04:09 PM
A few memories that frequently come to mind...

1) The hook scene in TCM
2) The chest-bursting scene in ALIEN
3) Michael examining Bob after he kills him
4) The shower scene
5) Dracula at the top of the staircase in the original ( I totally agree with you playgames)

Seth101
03-03-2001, 08:41 PM
The diner scene it the original Texas Saw. It freaky seeing Leatherface and the family laughing and yelling. Seeing the old man try to bust her head (although amusing) will stick in your mind (just like the last frames of the movie)

teenkiller
02-27-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by loner
Henry and Otis murdering a defenseless family and then watching the videotape they made of it in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. It isn't really graphic in terms of gore, but watching a helpless family get butchered in their own home was appalling. The sheer cold-bloodedness of the scene really churned my stomach. Sicko serial killers are always more scarier than monsters or aliens because they are real.

This is one movie that I hope to be getting on dvd soon. Henry Lee Lucas is one of those serial killers that I am deeply interested in. Not to say I view him as a hero because I don't, I just find his story fascinating but at the same time appaling. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

someguy
02-27-2003, 06:00 PM
My avatar.

rikimaru187
02-27-2003, 06:16 PM
Horror images that are etched in my head are:

Operating Room Massacre-Halloween 6
"Teenage Frankenstein" Sequence-FT13th 6
Franklin's death-Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Diner Massacre-Children of the Corn
45 mph, upside down crabwalk down the steps-The Exorcist
"Come and play with us Danny, forever...and ever......and ever"-The Shining.

***spine chills***

:D

Patrick_Bateman
02-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Hospital hallway in Exorcist 3...
Mike in the corner in BWP...
Sadako walking towards the TV......

bowieee
02-27-2003, 10:03 PM
The opening shot of a Noes pt 3's freddy house is burned into my brain.

As well as sweaty timmys sax solo from the lost boys but I don't know if thats a good thing.

Lindsey
02-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by someguy
My avatar.

You got that right! The first time I saw The Ring I couldn't get that image out of my head for weeks!!! *SHUDDERS*

edlover691
02-27-2003, 10:58 PM
Jason Vorhees' head sliding down the machetti in friday the 13th 4

Luke-Abbott
02-28-2003, 03:25 AM
Freddy Kruger coming after Kirsten while she is stuck in the black ooze thingy and holding that kid in her arms, struggling to break free. That freaked me out when I first saw that, it is the only thing that has stuck in my head eversince I first saw it. Just seeing Freddy coming after her in the distance....freaky. (From NOES3-Dream warriors for those who don't know).

electriclite
02-28-2003, 04:23 AM
That guerilla soldier literally getting ripped in half by the zombies WHILE STILL ALIVE!

That's not "etched", that's seered into my mind like the ass of a branded cow!