PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Half

Gore 4 All
03-06-2001, 05:14 PM
I am reading this Steven King novel for the first time, many years after seeing the movie.

I thought the movie was incredibly good (George A. Romero's last release before Bruiser) and I was just wondering what this illustrious board thinks of the movie or the book.

Snert
03-06-2001, 06:09 PM
I satarted reading the book but it didn't interest me alot. I guess I'll check out the movie.

the night watchman
03-06-2001, 08:16 PM
"The Dark Half" is one of King's weaker efforts, although it's still a good read. Stark is one bad mutha.

Romero's adaptation is dead on, a nearly perfect cinematic recreation of King's words. In fact, I almost prefer it to the book.

kerryanne
03-06-2001, 08:28 PM
I definately prefer the book...Everytime I hear "Are You Lonsome Tonight" by Elvis I think of that movie.

Brock Landers
03-06-2001, 08:32 PM
Tim Hutton is one of my favorite actors and I like the film more than I should because of him, but I still gotta go with the book because I like to make up my own imagery in most cases, I mean, I was a lot more scared of Stark when I read this in my teens than when I saw the flick...

Skaboy18
03-06-2001, 08:51 PM
Loved the book, and the film. I made the mistake of renting the film before reading the book, so of course, I have to go with the movie.
Thad Beaumont is awesome....but Stark is the man.....

Evanfx20
03-07-2001, 02:48 AM
The film has its moments. The movie follows the book to a T, and Stark is cool as hell.

Dehydrator
03-08-2001, 04:11 AM
The movie is a good adaption to the Book and a VERY close one. STill, i'd prefer the book. Anyone else who would like to read a book my GEROGE STARK?

Skaboy18
03-08-2001, 05:41 PM
Dehydrator---I was thinking about this the other day. Why hasn't King ever written any books under the Stark name? I would love to read Steel Machine or Machine's Way...it would rock.