PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please!!!

Femme_Fatale
03-06-2001, 04:29 AM
can anybody think of a way for me to get my beloved to watch horror movies with me? he doesnt like them- he gets scared easily (what a wuss, huh?) and i really want him to go to the movies with me to watch horror, or even just watch the videos- he refused to watch Cherry Falls with me the other night, cos he thinks it was gonna be scary- even though i told him its not!!!! ok im rambling!!! what i really need is some suggestions for getting him to watch with me, and i wold also like to know if anyone else has the same problem with their spouse!!!

cheers
xxxxx

loner
03-06-2001, 11:48 AM
Yeah... I think maybe I can help you. But I need a little more info. How long have you two been together? Do you sacrifice yourself by watching movies he loves but you don't?

And by the way, he does sound like a wuss. Does he faint when he gets a papercut?

!MorganOnyx!
03-06-2001, 12:08 PM
If he doesn't like horror films, he must be a geek. Dump this wuss and get with me instead! Lol

The Arrow
03-06-2001, 12:26 PM
Bribe him with sexual favors or torture him with Barbara Streisand flicks. He wont mind horror flicks after that.

[This message has been edited by The Arrow (edited 03-06-2001).]

Mike
03-06-2001, 01:20 PM
I was thinking the same Arrow about the sexual favors thing. Or you could just tell him you won't put out anymore until he starts watching horror movies with you. It's up to you, just let him know that it means a lot to you... Otherwise I don't know what to say...

[This message has been edited by Mike (edited 03-09-2001).]

the night watchman
03-06-2001, 01:33 PM
You have to condition him. Take him to go see horror movies that aren't scary, like "Valentine" or "Urban Legend." He'll get into the habit of falling asleep during them. Then you can take him to the scary ones and enjoy the the show while he snoozes.

I'd just like to brag that Mrs. Watchman, who isn't really into horror movies, is nonetheless absolutely fearless. /ubb/smile.gif

AntonioDelLago
03-06-2001, 05:09 PM
One prerequisite that all horror fans should expect and demand from their significant others is that they love the genre as well.

Snert
03-06-2001, 05:11 PM
Dump him..There people better than that!!!

Brock Landers
03-06-2001, 05:20 PM
Arrow is on the right track, except only perform the sexual favors while he is watching the horror flicks... this will condition him similar to pavlov's theory... then in the future, when he sees a horror flick the "fight or f**k" principle will kick in, in other words, his fear will excite him making for a willingness to participate... works for me, I mean, I used to hate horror flicks until I got fellatio at a screening of "Monkey shines" years ago... now I can't get enough horror films /ubb/wink.gif (Note: the "extra butter" handjob method also works, but can be a lot messier and may even disturb the people in the row in front of you when "blast off" occurs... nothing worse than a pissed-off jackass with spoo on his head) /ubb/tongue.gif

AntonioDelLago
03-06-2001, 06:25 PM
Oh my God, BROCK!!! That's the funniest shite I've heard in many o' moons!

Brock Landers
03-06-2001, 06:41 PM
I'm tellin' ya bra, this s**t works, I mean, you have to remember to NOT eat the popcorn afterwards, but it can go both ways too, I mean, everyone knows that buttery sauce will make your c**k "finger"-licking-good KFC-style for your girlfriend and might even save you a few bucks at the concession stand ("feast on this baby"), also try to stay away from using the theatre hot dogs on your woman, I mean, they don't even cook those things, they just put them on a sauna-type merry-go-round so they get all sweaty usually resulting in too much cheese on her taco, which reminds me... never use Nacho Cheese as a lubricant, or you will be in a world of pain /ubb/tongue.gif

kerryanne
03-06-2001, 07:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! That was sooo funny Brock. /ubb/smile.gif /ubb/smile.gif
Ok, on to Femme's problem... ok if you really want him to watch them with you...I'd go with Brock and Arrow's answers. If you start telling him that you want him to go, after awhile, he might concider it nagging. If you try and force him, he will think your trying to change him. So, give him what men want, and maybe after time, when you say there is a new horror movie coming out, he'll be asking you when you two are going. Either that, or just go with some friends.

Gore 4 All
03-06-2001, 08:24 PM
I will never be able to eat at the movie theaters again. Thank you Brock for ruining a past-time for me.

kerryanne
03-06-2001, 08:55 PM
All4Gore, you can eat in a movie theater again, just make sure Brock is not behind you with extra buttered popcorn...or hotdogs...or nacho cheese... /ubb/smile.gif /ubb/smile.gif /ubb/smile.gif

Femme_Fatale
03-07-2001, 02:38 AM
loner- we have now been together for almost 2 years, and yeah i make sacrifices- i went to watch 'Dude, wheres my car' the other night. it is so bad i almsot cried. but he loved it!!

Morgan, he isnt a wuss- i just think he misunderstands the concept of horror movies!!!!

Arrow- the sexual favours thing is my speciality, but i use that with almost everything, i think hes getting bored with getting head now..... actually, no he isnt! lol

Night Watchman- i have tried that one with him, we have watched Scream and Urban Legends, and The Blair Witch Project and he was scared....lol god he is beginning to sound like a wuss now!

kerryanne- none of my friends like horror movies- there we 25 of us, and we all went to see 'What Lies Beneath' half of them walked out cos they were too scared!!!

and Brock- as subtle as ever /ubb/wink.gif thanx bud

you have all made me laugh in any case- i guess i will have to try the sexual favours bid again- seems like a favourite among the men. wonder why that is.... /ubb/wink.gif

loner
03-07-2001, 10:31 AM
Femme: Let me get this straight. You've been together for 2 years. You make sacrifices and watch movies he likes. And giving him sexual favors is your specialty. Sounds like he's got it made girl. If he won't breakdown after two years and finally watch a movie you like he never will. The guy's not a wuss he just knows how to play you like a violin. But, stay with him if you want and keep trying to change him. Whatever makes you happy I guess.

Femme_Fatale
03-08-2001, 02:23 AM
Not that it is any of your business but my boyfriend treats me better than any other guy i have ever met, he is kind, affectionate, warm and loving, and, most importantly he is honest and trustworthy!

He wont watch horror movies cos he gets scared, fair enough he maybe a wuss, but that doesnt mean he doesnt he doesnt make other sacrifices for me!!!

i dont want to change him, in anyway, it would just be nice if there was a way i could get him to participate in a hobby of mine (like he does in many others- he comes to my Yoga classes with me for Christs sake!) which is watching horror!

i wouldnt have asked if i knew someone would be so judgemental about my relationship!

unicorn207
03-08-2001, 04:20 AM
I don't know about the sex part because I don't know if you have two television sets!!!! I wasn't that shocked at "Hannibal" yet I'm not the biggest horror film fan with experience yet. That was because I saw torn up bodies in ER a few weeks ago. I used to hate recent horror films or ignore them because I found them boring and repetitive and unoriginal and uninspiring. I still do know which ones I will ignore unless I'm a millionaire. Not to mention the one out of four stars in the newspapers didn't make me interested. What changed me was kind of "The X-Files" and stress in my own life starting in '96. I need to see more, starting with the "Evil Dead" series when Spring Break begins in two weeks. I never heard of that until gradually into last year. But just tell your boyfriend that he can choose what you'll eat(food) while watching it. And also remind him that if he finds horror films scary then he's the right audience member. HAHAHAAHAHAHHA

loner
03-08-2001, 01:21 PM
Femme: I wasn't trying to be so judgemental about your relationship and I certainly didn't mean to get you so upset. I was just giving you an outside opinion from what few facts you gave.

PanicTicks
03-08-2001, 11:36 PM
Does your boyfriend cry when his dolly loses its dress?

Mike
03-09-2001, 12:05 AM
PanicTicks,
that's a little uncalled for...

Femme_Fatale
03-09-2001, 02:25 AM
thanx Mike, yeah it was uncalled for!!!!

PanicTicks
03-09-2001, 08:19 AM
Give me a break. Someone blows nut on popcorn and all's cool. Someone mentions a dolly's dress and all's falling apart. I must have missed something at the "what to post" meeting. Sue me!

Mike
03-09-2001, 09:10 AM
You're welcome Femme...
PanicTicks,
The popcorn thing is a whole other story, they didn't say anything bad about her boyfriend, and you did. When Brock was talking about the popcorn thing he didn't say anything about her boyfriend having a doll with a dress and stuff, you did. And that's just not cool... Sorry, I hate to be the bad guy and get on your case but what you said was rude...

kerryanne
03-09-2001, 09:37 AM
Panicticks No need to be so harsh...calm down. /ubb/smile.gif /ubb/smile.gifMike I agree with you 100%

[This message has been edited by kerryanne (edited 03-09-2001).]

!MorganOnyx!
03-09-2001, 01:24 PM
It looks like everybody needs to chill! Y'all are going off the subject of horror movies and getting personal an shit. No bitchin please! Peace.

PanicTicks
03-09-2001, 03:22 PM
Oh my God. You people are serious.

Brock Landers
03-09-2001, 05:19 PM
What if instead of being "manhandled" by a chick in a theatre, I said hello to my one-eyed monster while siting in a theater feeding popcorn to my dolly? Does she need to be dressed? /ubb/tongue.gif

... anyhow, off to "The Big Easy" in a few minutes, gotta make time to stop at the airport cocktail lounge, sip a Stoli, and bang a stewardess... I'll have a Hurricane for all you fiends! /ubb/wink.gif

PanicTicks
03-09-2001, 06:30 PM
Yeah, what Brock said.

Femme_Fatale
03-12-2001, 02:38 AM
Hey guys /ubb/smile.gif

i just want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who made a suggestion to help me /ubb/smile.gif

my boyfriend watched Evil Dead 2 and Near Dark with me on Saturday night- thanx to something one of u suggested (i wont say who, cos u all helped- except PanicTicks who was just plain bitchy!!! oh and it wasnt Brocks 'buttered popcorn' idea either....lol

So cheers guys, you are all great /ubb/smile.gif

!MorganOnyx!
03-12-2001, 01:46 PM
I know. HA HA!!!

Brock Landers
03-12-2001, 05:22 PM
You didn't go for the ol' "tradeoff" thing did you Femme Fatale? I mean, where you have to do two things he wants now 'cause he watched two horror flicks? Good luck in the future though... /ubb/wink.gif

Femme_Fatale
03-13-2001, 02:32 AM
no it wasnt a 'trade off' if you must know, i got the good stuff on both sides of the bargain....lol /ubb/wink.gif

teenkiller
02-27-2003, 05:57 PM
I have the same problem with my girlfriend. She refuses to watch horror movies which is something I hate. I just like the idea of watching a horror movie with her while she holds me but she is very difficult about it. We watched TCM and she hated it (4 out of 10), then we watched THE EVIL DEAD and she hated that even more (2 out of 10), and finally the original A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET which she thought was "not that bad" (6 out of 10). The only "horror" movie she liked was queen of the damned and thats only cause the corny aaliyah was in it, and not because she liked the actual movie. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

rikimaru187
02-27-2003, 06:50 PM
All I can tell you is this. Agree to watch something he loves in return for him watching a horror movie w/you. Not really a bribe, more of a compromise. Believe me, my wife wasn't into horror when she first met me, but I watch so damn much of it, she couldn't avoid it and it grew on her. Good Luck!!!:D