PDA

View Full Version : Halloween, and not the movie...

Seph
03-22-2001, 04:50 PM
does anyone else have creepy halloween memories, from the actual holiday itself.

I know every adult gets a kick out of trying to scare little kids on Halloween. Hopefully not in an evil sadistic way, more playful. Most of the attempts are lame, like wearing masks when you answer the door. Sometimes they make you jump cuz they have a friend in the bushes or something. But...

I remember being like six or seven years old and going to this really big, creepy looking house. It was this old lady's place. She was a friend of my parents, really nice according to them, but I didn't know her from anyone else so it didn't matter to me. Anyway, I was out with my older brother, who made me go up this long walkway by myself to her porch to get the candy. And there she was on the porch, in a rocking chair and plain clothes, staring at the cieling and mumbling to herself. The porch light was really dim and the candy was in a bowl on this old rickety table. All sorts of weird noises are coming out of the house (courtesy of one of those spooky sounds Halloween cassettes I now know). I reach in, take a few pieces of candy (all Nestle Crunches) and then this guy suddenly starts yelling "Don't, cross the briiiiiiidge! Don't cross the briiiiiidge!" To this day I don't know what bridge he was referring to, or why it shouldn't be crossed by whomever he was yelling at, but I ran the hell away immediately. Heard her laughing at the curb, but I was freaked out. And for the next four years or so I'd get freaked out anytime I was in a car crossing a bridge, especially over water.

bromy
03-22-2001, 06:46 PM
ah you'll all make fun of me for this, when I was about 8 or 9 I was in this goofy little haunted house & some jackass jumped out dressed as, of all idiots, Beetle Juice & scared the piss outta me!

[This message has been edited by bromy (edited 03-22-2001).]

AntonioDelLago
03-22-2001, 10:45 PM
Great story, SEPH! You should include it in the topic IDEAS FOR A SCREENPLAY. Creepy atmosphere.

Snert
03-25-2001, 07:55 AM
I live in apartments with a pond right behind us. And the day before was the football game between the two rival towns..We won of course..But the other town was mad as hell so they decided to strike on Halloween..They killed any pets that were outside, usually hanging them from trees. But they became really drunk and some guy was chasing them becuase they killed his dog..They met right at the pond...Any one who lived in the apartments could he all the laughing and screaming, and gurguling..We all called the cops at the same time. It was too late for the old man...They are all in jail now..One freaky Halloween that I will never forget.