PDA

View Full Version : Worst Scream Rip-Off?

zombiejazon
03-21-2001, 07:17 PM
What Do You Think Is The Worst Scream Rip-off? I think it would Be School's Out. I REALLY hate that movie.

John Q. Public
03-21-2001, 07:25 PM
I Know What you did last summer, I Still Know What you did last summer, Scream 2, scream 3 (these count since they basically re-tread the plot of the first), Urban Legends, haven't seen Urban Legends 2 but it probably sucks, Scary Movie ( which was in turn ripped off by Scream If you know what I did last Halloween). I think that pretty much covers it.

Thank you for your time.

SteveSzyk
03-21-2001, 07:32 PM
Bloody Murder(well that was more of a Friday thr 13th Rip-off but it st ill counts)

screamfan
03-22-2001, 07:34 AM
urban legend, all though not that bad

screamer581
03-22-2001, 03:53 PM
Urban Legend 2 and I still know.... were the worst out of the bunch, but besides the scream's, all the ''teen horror'' movies sucked.

Dehydrator
03-22-2001, 04:49 PM
"Schrei- denn ich werde dich töten" ( trans: Scream - because I'm going to kill you ). It was a german TV production, apperantly to raise the quote by using the Teen-Slash-Mania. It was WORSE than Urban Legends, DUMBER than I still know and ended up without making any sense at all. The killer was some sort of a high-school teacher and was the ONLY possible suspect. If you're ever on holiday over here and it's on TV, DESTROY the TV! It's better for you!

The Troll Man
03-23-2001, 07:32 AM
Yep, School's Out is the worst ever - incidentally it is the same film as Schrei- denn ich werde dich töten, maybe that's why Fangoria changed the title before releasing it under their label so more unsuspecting people might watch it...

pizowell
03-25-2001, 12:29 AM
Basically every teen slash flick since Scream has ripped it. Even the Scream sequels. There's too big a list for me to list the teen shit flicks that have copied Scream.

AntonioDelLago
03-25-2001, 03:08 PM
SCREAM, like PSYCHO and HALLOWEEN before it, spawned a countless number of rip-offs and sequels in the wake of its box-office and critical success. Most notably: I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER and its bottom-of-the barrel sequel, URBAN LEGEND and its terrible sequel, and VALENTINE (which hopefully will NOT reproduce).

Even non-slashers such as DISTURBING BEHAVIOR copied SCREAM's casting choices of hip, young stars, while "H2O" did the same (adding to the mix old fave JLC).

If you think about it, most horror films are derivative of movies of yesteryear. Case in point: the twist at the end of THE SIXTH SENSE had been done before in both JACOB'S LADDER and CARNIVAL OF SOULS; WHAT LIES BENEATH ripped off everything but the kitchen sink (mostly from Hitchcock); and flicks such as END OF DAYS, LOST SOULS and THE NINTH GATE are descendants of ROSEMARY'S BABY, THE EXORCIST and THE OMEN (a classic supernatural trifecta).

[This message has been edited by AntonioDelLago (edited 03-25-2001).]

Hans, wihout Franz
03-26-2001, 01:58 AM
School's Out actually felt to me more of a Mario Bava flick than a Scream flick. It still wasn't that good. But I would have to say Urban Legend. The begining was the best part, it just went downhill after that. **Spoiler**I knew the killer was Rebecca Gayheart halfway into the movie. And it was almost such a dumb script. Just another dumb big budget Hollywood follow-up to a sucessful movie. The is a difference between stealing and modernizing however. Jamie Blanks at least did a much better job with his next movie Valentine. Maybe he will get it right the third time around.

[This message has been edited by Hans, wihout Franz (edited 03-26-2001).]