PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistancies in the ANOES series.....

BettyLouisePlotnick
04-02-2001, 05:57 PM
OK, I bought the complete series a short while ago, even though I already owned a few of them... don't ask... and I watched them all AGAIN just for fun. I noticed a few things that I kinda had before, only I didn't put much into them.

Ok, first... ANOES 2: Freddy's Revenge
Jesse is supposed to be staying in Nancy's old room, right? Why else would the diary be in his closet? Well, the room looks COMPLETELY different to me. When Jesse's mom comes into his room and finds him 'dancing' on the bed, you can clearly see enough space between the door and the wall with the window to fit what looks like a bookcase, but in ANOES 1, Nancy's room didn't have that much space, hell the lightswitch was even on the other wall because of the door being so close to the wall. Nancy's room just seems smaller, A LOT smaller.

On the ANOES 3: Dream Warriors

OK, how the hell did Nancy's white stripe of hair switch sides??!!?!?!? It was so obviously on the left side of her head in the first, and WHOA now it's gone and switched sides... huh?!?!

and, Kristen claims the house she made a model of was only a house she dreamed about. Isn't Kristen one of the Elm Street kids as well? Like Nancy says in her little speel about Freddy. How can you live on a street and never see a house, especially one you've been dreaming of, and especially one that has such a backstory?

OK, this one is really just a beef, not really an inconsistancy. With Joey and Kincaid in ANOES 4... why did they die so fast!??! I mean, you think that they would be able to get away from Freddy instead of biting it right away. Nancy managed to evade Freddy for a little while, Freddy was pretty devious when he got her, anyone would have fell for that! But poor Kincaid and Joey. It was obvious that the writers just wanted to get rid of them to bring on the 'fresh meat'. I liked those guys.

I realized I've ranted on and on. IN fact, this series is my fave. I love these movies. It's because I've seen em so many times that I nit pick. I know that they are only movies, don't stress the small stuff.

TheLizardKing
04-02-2001, 09:17 PM
I will say that I agree with what you said about some of the things, but on the fact of joey dieing so fast I'd half to say that if freddy just poped up out of no where from my waterbed I dont think I'd be able to put up much of a fight either.
Kincad I will say should of lasted he atleast knew freddy was coming when he got killed, but joey had no idea.

Freddy is God
04-02-2001, 10:05 PM
It's possible that Nancy's diary could have ended up in another room somehow...don't know how, but maybe that's what we're supposed to believe, or maybe the house was remodeled. But I definitely agree about Joey and Kincaid. Kincaid was a cool guy! They should have let him live. Same with that guy in Dream Warriors...the first one who died......what was his name? Was it Mike or something? Anyway, he should have lived longer.

BettyLouisePlotnick
04-03-2001, 06:53 AM
I think you're thinking about Phillip. He was cool, too! His death scene rocked though! I'll never get that picture out of my mind!

teenkiller
02-28-2003, 03:46 PM
Interesting points about the NIGHTMARE films. When a series reaches Part 3 or 4 or 7 in NIGHTMARE'S case theres bound to be plot holes or continuity errors. Most people don't even notice most of these errors but to those who hold the series dear they become very apparent. Unfortunately there really is no other explanation. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.