PDA

View Full Version : Resurrection AND School's Out

alisaperne
04-04-2001, 10:53 PM
Recommended?

I saw pics of some scenes of Resurrection and it looked real gross.... but it's been compared to se7en, which I liked.

And the red mask on the School's Out killer is skeery...is the movie scary too?

The Arrow
04-04-2001, 11:03 PM
I've seen Resurrection (see review) and loved it. I like to think of it as Sevens close close cousin.

School's Out is a German slasher that hasn't been getting good reviews. I haven't seen it but I hear it sucks.

love broker
04-04-2001, 11:42 PM
I saw Resurrection and Bone Collector about a week apart and you know what I thought Resurrection was ten times better. Lambert is superb and even though the killer was glaringly obvious i enjoyed the ride.

Dehydrator
04-05-2001, 10:45 AM
I haven't seen "Ressurection" yet, but "School's out" makes me feel bad for my country ( ...again ). For me, the certainly worst slasher-flick of the post-SCREAM aera so far. It's just cliche after cliche filmed with all the intelligence of a german afternoon-talkshow. It made me want to emerge to sibiria!

nemesis
04-06-2001, 07:18 PM
Resurrection rules,too bad I had to wait a month for it to air again because I missed it,Chris should do more movies like this but guess Point Men and Joshua will be quite enjoyable

Elgyn
04-12-2001, 01:41 PM
"School`s Out" is TERRIBLE. Don`t let the cool-looking red mask on the cover fool you - I don`t even think that red mask is IN the movie anywhere! It`s truly awful, and the dubbing is horrible too. One of the worst movies I`ve seen in a long time. "Anatomy" (another dubbed horror flick, this one from Germany) is actually pretty cool, though.

the night watchman
04-12-2001, 06:18 PM
Actually, I didn't think "School's Out' was that bad. Not a great flick, and the characters are forced to do dumb things so that they can get killed, but it has an interesting twist in the middle, and is pretty atmospheric at times. (And, Elgyn, the killer is wearing the mask and jester outfit throughout the whole first half of the movie ... maybe you're thinking of another movie you've mistaken for "School's Out"?)

[This message has been edited by the night watchman (edited 04-12-2001).]

Elgyn
04-12-2001, 11:30 PM
I guess I forgot about the red mask and jester outfit. All I remember is that the box looked cool, it was from "Fangoria Films", so I THOUGHT it might be good. The movie was really routine, boring, the 'twist' with the girl from the beginning was okay, yeah, but that doesn`t make the movie good. And the dubbinbg was SO BAD. If "School`s Out" was good, then both "Urban Legend" movies were classics (and I even like them - and I STILL thought "Schools Out" was crap). Once again, I strongly recommend "Anatomy" instead.