PDA

View Full Version : Ok I have been thinking.........

Lannay
03-09-2001, 09:08 PM
How many girl killers do you know of. I mean Carrie and so on but do you know of any classic horror films where a girl is the killer.

Lannay
03-09-2001, 09:09 PM
ok i am stupid jason's mother in Friday the 13th.

Horror Hippie
03-09-2001, 09:20 PM
Off the top of my head, the chick in Urban Legend, and the, ah, chick in April Fool's Day.

A.J. Hakari
03-09-2001, 09:27 PM
Fairuza Balk in "The Craft".

AntonioDelLago
03-09-2001, 09:32 PM
FEMALE KILLERS

Tracey Bregman (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME)
Bette Davis (WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE?)
Mildred Clinton (ALICE, SWEET ALICE)
Patty McCormack (THE BAD SEED)
Lynne Griffin (CURTAINS)
Laurie Metcalf (SCREAM 2)
Piper Laurie (TRAUMA)
Claudia Bryar (PSYCHO II)

[This message has been edited by AntonioDelLago (edited 03-09-2001).]

Green
03-09-2001, 09:56 PM
Felissa Rose (SLEEPAWAY CAMP) sortof
Mindy Clarke (RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 3)
Courtney Taylor (PROM NIGHT 3)
Lisa Schrage/Wendy Lyon (PROM NIGHT 2)
Camille Keaton (I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE)
Rebecca Gayheart (URBAN LEGEND)
Margot Kidder (SISTERS)
Emily Bergl (THE RAGE)
Nastassia Kinski (CAT PEOPLE 1982)

Antonio was right, Bergl acted more out of relatation and Kinski had to deal with the fate of her turning into one of the cat people.

[This message has been edited by Green (edited 03-10-2001).]

Green
03-09-2001, 10:00 PM
The Coven of Witches in SUSPIRIA
The woman in PHENOMENA

[This message has been edited by Green (edited 03-09-2001).]

the night watchman
03-09-2001, 10:48 PM
Er, Hippie, it's been quite awhile since I've seen "April Fool's Day" but ...

*SPOILER WARNING!*

... nobody actually dies in that movie, do they?

lockedoutfilm
03-10-2001, 09:20 AM
Jennifer Tilly (BRIDE OF CHUCKY)
Melissa Sue Anderson (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME)
Glenn Close (FATAL ATTRACTION)
Glenn Close (101 DALMATIONS, 102 DALMATIONS)
The Blair Witch (THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT)

Looks like Ms. Close is in the lead...

[This message has been edited by lockedoutfilm (edited 03-10-2001).]

lockedoutfilm
03-10-2001, 09:21 AM
Jennifer Tilly (BRIDE OF CHUCKY)
Melissa Sue Anderson (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME)
Glen Close (FATAL ATTRACTION)
The Blair Witch (THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT)

Hans, wihout Franz
03-10-2001, 10:55 AM
*Might contain spoilers*
Two of Argento's best gallao's(sorry if I spelled it wrong;aka murder mysteries). Had women killers. I won't say which one's though. It will ruin it. and they are not mentioned above, ok I said enough.

[This message has been edited by Hans, wihout Franz (edited 03-10-2001).]

Dehydrator
03-10-2001, 11:34 AM
Let's not forget Lady Silvia ( Amanda Donohoe) in "Lair of the white Worm". Not only she's a killer serpent, she also tries to kill Hugh Grant! Cool Movie BTW...

Horror Hippie
03-10-2001, 11:37 AM
Watchmen -

I know, but you didn't find out til the end. Just one of those twisted endings, but it was like she was a killer, is what I meant (knew someone was going to mention the fact no one died, oh well).

Snert
03-10-2001, 11:38 AM
Roseanne killed her career with Freedy's Dead...Does that count?

AntonioDelLago
03-10-2001, 01:47 PM
Melissa Sue Anderson was not revealed to be the killer in HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME. That honor goes to Tracey Bregman, who wore a MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE-like mask of Melissa Sue's face!

MORE NON-MURDERESSES...

CARRIE doesn't count, because she was actually a victim rather than a murderer. She retaliated in the end, but only because she was forced to. Deborah Foreman's murder spree in APRIL FOOL'S DAY was revealed to be an elaborate prank. And Glenn Close in FATAL ATTRACTION was a great villainess, but didn't actually murder anyone (besides the poor rabbit she boiled!).

!MorganOnyx!
03-11-2001, 07:36 AM
Ha ha, that little girl in BLOODY BIRTHDAY - what a bitch! Killing your own sister with an arrow through the eye! Damn!

!MorganOnyx!
03-11-2001, 07:38 AM
Oh, and the biatch who gets freaky in DEMONS 2 - the one who's holding the birthday party - she killed a few and was scary as well!!!

!MorganOnyx!
03-11-2001, 07:39 AM
Shit i'm on a hot streak!

THE WOMAN IN BLACK - bad ass bitch!
ANGELA from the NIGHT OF THE DEMONS flicks - she is amazing!!!

Lannay
03-11-2001, 04:37 PM
There is much more than I thought.

pizowell
03-12-2001, 09:44 AM
Angela in Sleepaway Camp.
the blair witch.
It was totally unbelievable that Gayheart was the killer in Urban Legend.

Call me sexist, but I don't buy any chick as a slasher in a slasher flick.

Femme_Fatale
03-12-2001, 09:59 AM
why dont u buy a woman as a slasher? i think they very often make the best killers!!!!

Mrs Voorhes was one of my fave killers, as was Angela in Sleepaway Camp (though not strictly a girl....lol) i think they kick ass and women make the best psychotics!!!!

Green
03-12-2001, 06:47 PM
I personally think there should be more female psychotics then there is. I like Prom Nights, ROTLD 3, Night of the Demons, sleepaway camp because of this, there haven't been many classics with female killers, it is untapped. I believe females are just as psychotic as males...

Snack Boy
03-12-2001, 11:40 PM
Speaking of girls who kill, my writing partner Kathi Edwards and I are almost finished with the script of my first full feature length film. I've won some local Washington D.C. film festivals with horror shorts to "cut my teeth" and make my mistakes and now, after months of writing and about eight drafts, our film COLD MOON...will be...complete (getting emotional)
There is not one, not two, but THREE felmale killers in my film. In the first draft they were witches (not supernatural), but with each succesive draft have become more of a cult-witch hybrid (why not?)
Anyway, I have gotten off topic and I don't want to spoil too much. The truth of the matter is, it could take another year to finish raising funding. It's very low budget: were filming on DV, like Spike Lee's Bamboozled. This is a great site, Arrow and I come here to the message boards daily in the middle of writing for inspiration and to keep my finger on the pulse. Keep up the great work!

AntonioDelLago
03-13-2001, 02:52 AM
Best of luck to ya, SNACK BOY. Invite us all to the premiere!!!

pizowell
03-13-2001, 06:51 AM
I'd buy a chick as a slasher if it were believable. I guess Billys mom in Scream 2 was kind of believable, but Gayheart wasn't in Urban Legend. Yeah Mrs. Voorhees was pretty cool too. I heard she may be making a cameo in Jason X, but I doubt it. Slash'em up ladies.

Green
03-14-2001, 11:31 PM
Hans, wihout Franz
What are the two argento movies you are thinking of in your previous post?

Snack Boy
Sounds like a good script...

pizowell
03-15-2001, 02:01 PM
He was probably thinking of Trauma and Deep Red.

halenite
03-15-2001, 02:26 PM
Although (arguably) not a horror film, Kirsten Dunst's Claudia in "Interview With A Vampire" was pretty much a ruthless killer.

Crazy Ol' Loomis
03-18-2001, 04:07 AM
I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT I'M THE FIRST TO MENTION THIS. Ms. Loomis/Debbie Salt! I thought that would be obvious.

AntonioDelLago
06-08-2001, 02:38 AM
Lest we forget...

Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone) in BASIC INSTINCT
Peyton Flanders (Rebecca DeMornay) in THE HAND THAT ROCKS THE CRADLE
Rhoda Penmark (Patty McCormack) in THE BAD SEED

Femme_Fatale
06-08-2001, 03:50 AM
You werent the 1st to mention it, Loomis- Pizowell mentioned it earlier...

krazyivan
06-13-2001, 01:49 AM
In real life there was one serial killer prostetute on the FBI files once but in real life, you say killer and Manson, Dauhmer, Bundy, etc pops to mind. Its a popular stereotype which often proves true.