PDA

View Full Version : American Movie Classics this month!

Donuthole75
10-08-2001, 09:29 PM
Ya gotta tune into AMC this month! Last night I saw The Cabinet Of Dr. Caligari last night for the first time. It was kinda bizarre even for 1922. Tue Oct 8th is Bride of Frankenstein at 8 PM, Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again later on that same night. Thursday Oct. 10th is a good one with the Hammer classics The Abominable Snowman and Revenge Of Frankenstein!! Even later in the month - Love at First Bite, 1959 Mummy, Horror of Dracula and a bunch more I can't quite recall. Check out their schedule for exact date/time. Im excited because I have never seen any of these movies, but movies I have have wanted to see for awhile now especially the Hammers (Abominable Snowman, Revenge of Frankenstein, Horror of Dracula, etc.) This is good stuff!! Im setting my VCR. Just thought some of you may be interested.

SteveSzyk
10-08-2001, 09:45 PM
Damn! I wanted to watch The Cabinet of Dr.Caligari! That sucks... Anyway, I love this channel. I'll definitely be checking it out all month. I love October.

DeathKing
10-08-2001, 10:48 PM
Been watching AMC myself the past week or so..caught Lugosis' Dracula...The Mummy..and Creature from the Black Lagoon..there was another one but i didnt catch the Beginning..Starred C. Lee and Donald Sutherland..Was about Strangers on a train who have thier futures read on Tarot by a Strange Guy in thier Coach..Turns out he was death himself..Damn me for forgetting the title...

Donuthole75
10-09-2001, 12:01 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">there was another one but i didnt catch the Beginning..Starred C. Lee and Donald Sutherland..Was about Strangers on a train who have thier futures read on Tarot by a Strange Guy in thier Coach..Turns out he was death himself..Damn me for forgetting the title...[/B]</font>

was it maybe "Horror Express?" If so, damn me for missing that one!! That's a good one and quite horrific with the dead people's zombie eyes.

Seph
10-09-2001, 11:09 AM
yeah, AMC always delivers the goods in October....

Seph
10-09-2001, 11:10 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SteveSzyk:
Damn! I wanted to watch The Cabinet of Dr.Caligari! That sucks... Anyway, I love this channel. I'll definitely be checking it out all month. I love October.</font>

If the film's anything like the stage play, then it's craaaaaaaaazy.

Headbangerzombie
10-09-2001, 11:53 AM
That movie with lee, cushing and Sutherland was Dr. terror's House of Horrors. It was OK. the best story was the last with Sutherland. A much better anthology was on Sat. It was Italain horror master Mario (Bay of Blood) Bava's (yes he is the father of Lamberto "Demons" Bava) Black Sabbath. This is one of Karloff's last great roles. The last story with Karloff as a vamp is pretty cool. BTW this is the movie that inspired Ozzy Osbroune seminal metal band of same to get that name. Pretty cool, huh?

carlos_detweiller
10-09-2001, 01:51 PM
http://www.amctv.com for schedule. You can select daily, weekly, or monthly. Comes in handy when programming the VCR.

Green
10-18-2001, 12:17 AM
I caught Frankenstein (1931) the other night. The scene with the monster and the little girl throwing petals into the lake and a frustrated Frankenstein tossing her into the lake is intense. Boris Karloff gives a great performance that makes you terrified one minute and feel sorry for him the next. The Omen is coming on tomorrow, I have that movie though.

AlienClown
10-18-2001, 01:44 AM
I missed the first week or so of movies, but then I got all the movies I wanted to see off the schedule, made a list, and I've seen a bunch so far, with a few more to go before the end of the month.

misfits859
10-18-2001, 07:20 AM
Are the AMC movies uncut? Seems like I remember foul language being edited out in the Godfather. I'm just wondering if any scenes in the horror movies are being cut.

Antonio
10-18-2001, 02:21 PM
Since today is the 18th, I'm going to list the horror films and psychothrillers that are going to be featured on AMC during the rest of October. Most of these flicks are of some interest and/or importance:

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 19:
The Pit & The Pendulum (1973) 7pm
House Of Frankenstein (1944) 2:30am

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21:
Man In The Attic (1954) 4am

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 24:
The Boys From Brazil (1978) 9pm

MONDAY, OCTOBER 29:
Curse Of The Werewolf (1961) 8:30pm

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 30:
Tentacles (1977) 3pm

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31:
Son Of Dracula (1943) 7:45am

***All times are U.S. Central/Standard

Poe's PIT/PENDULUM tale features horror great Vincent Price, while MAN IN THE ATTIC stars Jack Palance as Jack the Ripper. In THE BOYS FROM BRAZIL, Gregory Peck portrays a Nazi hell-bent on cloning Hitler, with Laurence Olivier as a Nazi hunter hot on his trail (talk about a role reversal for both legendary actors!). CURSE OF THE WEREWOLF stars the late, great Oliver Reed as the title creature. TENTACLES is a campy JAWS ripoff centering around an Italian resort terrorized by a giant octopus, with the obligatory all-star cast, headed by Oscar-winners (but not for this film) Henry Fonda and Shelley Winters. And SON OF DRACULA has been hailed as the best of the DRACULA sequels.

[This message has been edited by Antonio (edited 10-18-2001).]