PDA

View Full Version : "Night of the Creeps"...a classic?

FrightFilmFan
10-18-2001, 02:49 PM
This flick is a trip! Combining a 50's sci-fi feel with an 80's zombie flick, this 1986 horror film also has a sharp sense of humor, creepy slugs, zombies with axes, Halloween 3's Tom Atkins, and two prologues to the action. Check it out!

jim varney
10-18-2001, 07:29 PM
classic? i don't know about that, but hell of a good flick. I'd say so. Zombies and shotguns in the same flick is all i need for a good time.

Skaboy18
10-18-2001, 09:11 PM
Night of the Creeps is probably one of my all time favorite horror films. Tom Atkins gives a superb performance as the cop with something to hide. There are some really great kills in the film and some awesome lines.
Atkins: Well girls, I have some good news and some bad news.

Girl: What is it?

Atkins: Well, the good news is that your dates are here. The bad news is they're dead.

Elgyn
10-18-2001, 10:49 PM
This movie freaked me the hell out when I was little. Haven`t seen it in a while. Seeing those squirmy things run down people`s throats and stuff....YICK!
Wasn`t the last scene a spaceship flying over a graveyard? That was cool.

Hauntedween
10-19-2001, 12:42 AM
nIGHT OF TEH CREEPS is a good movie , I cant find it on vhs no where iw ould like to own that .

Skaboy18
10-19-2001, 08:43 AM
NOTC can be found on Ebay, but be ready to pay around 15.00 for it used (Counting the shipping)

izombie
10-19-2001, 10:03 AM
A classic?? What do you consider a classic? My classics are still the old hammer stuff.

Anyway I love the movie, I can't count the number of times I've seen it. It is just a very fun movie!

Headbangerzombie
10-19-2001, 11:41 AM
I was just watching it the other day. What a fuckin kick as film. Tons of fun. Gore, ax wielding zombies, exploding heads, Tom Atkins, and lead actress Jill Whitlow, giving us a quick shot of her tits. What more could you ask for? BTW what the fuck happened to her? I saw her in pretty enjoyable Twice Dead, but that's it. Anyways, someone mentioned the ship flying over the greayard, but that only happens in the TV edit. The video ends differently ***************SPOILER*******************
In that one the dog has the slug shoot at Jill's mouth
************END OF SPIOLER***************
The TV ending is better. the director, fred Dekker, also made the aweomse Monster Squad. Afterwards, he made the horrid Robocop 3. I gusee that must have killed his career. Cause where the fuck is he now?

Night- 3/4

The Undertaker
10-19-2001, 05:40 PM
I dug "Night of the Creeps". Not a classic, but an good, funny flick with a kool feel to it. Not to mention some kick arse Zombie action.

*** out of ****

Stefan
10-21-2001, 01:29 PM
I don't know about calling "Night of the Creeps" a classic. But it was an enjoyable somewhat hour and a half plus of a fun ride. I did like Tom Atkins as the kick ass cop who comes to the rescue of the sorority ladies. It is a shame we never really heard about Tom Atkins after his appearance in "Lethal Weapon." The makeup of the zombies was cool with gruesome looking blood and a creepy look to these zombies. Had a somewhat original idea of people turning into zombies by alien slug like creatures. Stefan's out.

Raw Chili
10-21-2001, 05:50 PM
It was an enjoyable, amusing movie with a fun performance from tom atkins, lotta in jokes, a dick miller appearance which is a plus, good one liners, slugs, zombies, and boobs, good stuff.