PDA

View Full Version : Oh my god! Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Clarice Starling
02-03-2002, 01:51 AM
I just recently watched this after many years and I realized why. This film gave me the willies and nightmares as a child, THE CHILD CATCHER!!!! Oh my God he was sinister and scary, his huge nose, his eerie voice, the way he lures children with candy and takes them away from his parents, something I always feared as a child. He was just plain freaky, I remember having dreams of him chasing me and my dad saving me. Did he scare any of you as well. I'll feel pretty silly if I'm the only one.

Dr Martin Luther Loomis
02-03-2002, 03:24 AM
That's funny! I can't say this scared me, as I don't really remember it, but those old children movies have always had a certain creepy feel to them. I know WILLY WONKA scared me a little. I'm sure there's an evil message to be found, if played in reverse. Maybe we can sue?

malaria
02-03-2002, 10:27 AM
It's not suprising that Roald Dahl was among the scriptwriters for this film. Who'd have though one of the scariest, creepiest, most revolting villains of all time would be in a freakin' kid's film?

The Rob
02-03-2002, 11:13 AM
LOL chitty chitty bang bang!

ominous_oat
02-03-2002, 11:28 AM
Wow....so it wasn't just me that was scared by the child catcher. That movie was messed up. And so was the book it was written by the same guy who wrote the James Bond series.