View Full Version : Return of the Living Dead DVD cover and specs

06-09-2002, 03:18 PM

released on August 27, 2002

shooting price is $14.95

MGM release

Region 1
Color, Closed-captioned
Theatrical trailer(s)
Commentary from Director/Writer Dan O'Bannon and Production Designer William Stout
"Designing the Dead" Featurette
Conceptual Art by William Stout
TV Spots
Widescreen letterbox format
New sound mix (?)
both 4:3 full screen and 1.78 anamorphic widescreen versions on the disc

06-09-2002, 03:19 PM
That looks REALLY good. and I'm not a fan of the movie at all!

06-10-2002, 05:18 PM
Why? Why is August so faaarr away? This looks awesome! Cant wait to hear what Dan o'bannon has to say about the experience of making this film...should be interesting.

Lady Summerisle
06-10-2002, 06:34 PM
Where is my cast reunion?!
The version seems bare-bones to me.
But at least they kept the original coverart.

06-11-2002, 12:43 AM
The price is right and so are the extras. I do believe this will be mine. Well thats all for now GOoD JOURNEY my fellow schmoes.

06-11-2002, 02:19 AM
I have a complaint about this DVD (only one because the rest of the DVD looks amazing). I hate how MGM isn't putting out the Director's Cut until everybody's already bought the theatrical cut. Was any gore cut from this amazing flick?

Andrew Tom
06-11-2002, 03:32 AM
I'll be getting this one and isn't The Fog coming out in August also? Oh, all that money I'll be getting in the army is so going to be wasted on these...

07-30-2002, 07:00 PM
"Do you wanna party?!? It's party time!!"

A commentary track? Kickass!

Letterboxed too - all for $15. I'm there. I'll be able to finally get rid of my beat-up VHS copy.

"I know you think I'm nasty
But I am no common girl
I once slept with the Devil
It was really no big thrill
The passion of the killers
Who lie and wait for me
To show me my own meaning
Of death and ecstasy"

(Sorry, but I just love the soundtrack...)

07-30-2002, 07:11 PM
I'm really looking forward to this one .
ROTLD is one of the best horror comedies EVER and it deserves the quality DVD treatment .Well done to MGM . Now if only Warner Bros. would pay attention.....SCENE SELECTIONS AND TRAILERS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH !

The Claw
07-30-2002, 07:19 PM
that cover looks good, the movie is good, in fact i might get off my ass, get $15 bucks and actaully buy this movie, but thats a PRETTY BIG might ;D

07-30-2002, 07:21 PM
wow that looks cool. but will it see the light of day here in the uk? i doubt it. we will no doubt get a barebones disc with a turd in it or summin.