PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Order Hell

Scully1888
08-12-2002, 04:28 PM
I have a terrible habit. I buy DVDs/videos, and don't watch them until I have bought their prequels and can therefore have a marathon of sorts.

For example, I recently bought Friday The 13th Part V.

I didn't watch it, however, until I managed to afford and buy 1-4, so I could watch them one after the other, despite their having practically no relevance to each other apart from Jason.

Am I insane? I've got Urban Legends: Final Cut here gathering dust because I haven't bought the first one.

I suppose this comes from my watching Phantasm 2 before seeing the first one and thinking "what in the holy fuck is going on?" and from then on it became a rule for me.

Does anyone else do this, or can anyone else at least see my logic behind this?

Inglorious
08-12-2002, 04:41 PM
I've started on that, I just watched Phantasm 2 w/out watching the first also. Thats what it must do to us.....

So what WERE you gonna be when you grew up??? http://www.joblo.com/ubb/frown.gif

Toxferatu
08-12-2002, 05:09 PM
i buy in order, but i never watch out of order if i havent seen em. i always go in order.

countchocula
08-12-2002, 08:53 PM
I've bought out of order in the past (Xtro 2), but refrain from doing so today. I don't want to risk being disoriented by the storyline, provided that there is a storyline. I mean, I'd make an exception for Slumber Party Massacre III.

The Claw
08-12-2002, 08:59 PM
Hahahaha. I always rented the movies out of order as a kid, it didnt matter if it was police academy or friday the 13th i saw them all out of order and i dont really buy movies, unless i cant find copies of them.