PDA

View Full Version : What horror films would make great TV shows??

CheekyShepherd
08-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Just pondering a thought that certain horror movies would make great TV serials/shows, etc. (Rather than generate sequel after sequel)

I think that Cube would make a superb Sci-fi show. Either following the same group of people throughout each episode or each episode having a different group. :S :S Know what I mean??

Vice versa on this topic: A TV show that would make a bloody good horror movie!

Does anybody remember Manimal?
Man! That was a kick-ass TV show!

michael_myers_woman
08-10-2002, 01:12 PM
i think these would make good series

*Predator
*Evil Dead
*Nightmare On Elm Street
*Halloween
*Night Of the Living Dead

Corpse Candle
08-10-2002, 01:56 PM
I don't like T.V shows from films I find that it weakens the original film by straying too much from the starting idea.
Look what happened to HIGHLANDER just because you may be a scottish actor doesn,t mean your as good as SEAN.
MANNAMAL now why don't they repeat that I reamber having the annual that was avalible at SUPERDRUG.
However T.V show spin off's can work on rare occasions.
I would like there to be a T.V series of short stories on horror each made into a minin T.V film from many unfilmed stories from past masters like LOVECRAFT and POE to the kings of pre and post war era like ARTHUR MACHEN or DENNIS WHEATLY right on up to the morden day power brokers of fear like CLIVE BARKER and GRAHAM MASTERSON.
Althogth I like to see how a T.V show of THE CUBE would turn out like.

stevereno
08-10-2002, 03:18 PM
URBAN LEGEND

every week it could be a new legend

SHIVER ME TIMBERS

foxgate2000
08-11-2002, 08:52 AM
Night of the Living Dead...each week either a different story of that fateful night...orrrr...the continuing adventures of one group of survivors. Actually I was working on a comic book with a friend of that second thought. Now I am currently working it into novel format.

Either way, this show would be an HBO series..lol!

FeydRautha
08-11-2002, 09:43 AM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CheekyShepherd:
Does anybody remember Manimal?
Man! That was a kick-ass TV show!</font>

Heh, heh...I remember sitting through all the eps of Manimal coz I was dating a guy who was heavily into the show. It might have been better if the main character (the guy who had the gift of being able to change into an animal) hadn't been such an upper-class, toffy-nosed poof. The SFX weren't much to write home about, either.

It always irks me when some TV exec picks up on a good film idea and turns it into a dire TV series (Highlander: The Raven, anyone??), but that said how about making a "Candyman" series? Daniel Robataille could come back to life and spend the series searching for his family/descendants of his killers, sort of thing...

michael_myers_woman
08-11-2002, 02:05 PM
also

*Childs Play
*Cat People
*Return Of The Living Dead
*The Lost Boys
*John Carpenters Vampires
*The Thing

michael_myers_woman
08-11-2002, 02:06 PM
also

*Childs Play
*Cat People
*Return Of The Living Dead
*The Lost Boys
*John Carpenters Vampires
*The Thing
*Phantasm

Antonio
08-11-2002, 02:40 PM
Anything with a post-apocalyptic atmosphere, like that Aussie teen drama TRIBES on MoviePlex.

RavenBlade
08-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Strange no one thought about adding Halloween into the mix.
Picture it, every week at 9:00 pm
on HBO, Michael Myers attempting to kill
one of his family members, with various
people thrown in to give us a bloody good
time, watching them die at the hands of
Michael Myers.
Probably wouldn't last long though as a series. But thought i would give it a try.

TheFrost
08-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Evil Dead - Bruce Campbell as Ash (NO ONE can replace Bruce)

Evil Spike
08-11-2002, 03:28 PM
i think a comedy show with the leprachaun and chucky as roomates would be great.

foxgate2000
08-11-2002, 05:32 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RavenBlade:
Strange no one thought about adding Halloween into the mix.
</font>

Michael_Myers_Woman has it in her list. The only way I personally could see this show is if it was an anthology series, going the way of 3..maybe with Michael stalking someone before and after the episodes. Kind of like a Freddy's Nightmares kind of thing.

Patrick Bateman
08-11-2002, 06:34 PM
I agree with NOTLD, and ROTLD being great shows for an adult audience on a network such as HBO, or even Showtime (remember John Carpenter's "Bodybags"?).

I personally think "American Psycho" would make a great HBO show. Vainity, Greed, Materialism, Reganomics, and the yuppie era of 1980's New York wrapped up all in one show, centered around the "Boy next door" who happens to be an "American Psycho".

Bet you couldnt see this one coming! http://www.joblo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I have to return some videotapes....

RavenBlade
08-11-2002, 07:35 PM
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by foxgate2000:
Michael_Myers_Woman has it in her list. The only way I personally could see this show is if it was an anthology series, going the way of 3..maybe with Michael stalking someone before and after the episodes. Kind of like a Freddy's Nightmares kind of thing.</font>

Ooops. totally missed that one

michael_myers_woman
08-11-2002, 08:59 PM
ok.

how about a series of Friday the 13ths but with Jason in them

CheekyShepherd
08-12-2002, 05:28 PM
How could I not mention "Alien"

That would be an awesome late night Sci-fi Series.

It couldn't be any fucking worse than Alien: Resurrection!!!

bulletproof
08-12-2002, 05:57 PM
Ultraviolet was already a kick ass vampire series from the UK,so why not make it into a weekly series,done in the UK of course.

Hellraiser
Ghosts of mars
Jurassic Park
Amityville
Scanners
Bad Moon

michael_myers_woman
08-12-2002, 06:13 PM
These would also make good series

*Resident Evil
*Jeepers Creepers
*Maniac
*Dracula

CheekyShepherd
08-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Buffy The Vampire Slayer would make a good movie!

....then again...maybe not! http://www.joblo.com/ubb/biggrin.gif