PDA

View Full Version : Scream 2

JasonSlasher
11-10-2001, 09:02 AM
This movie gets a lot of slack, but I personally loved it. i think it's a great follow-up to the firt one.
First of all, I think everyone looks better. Gale has her sassy short haircut, Sidney looks more secure and intelligent (I love that hair!)and last but not least, Randy's got that gottee thing going.
But before I turn this into a fashion reveiw, let me mention that when Williamson wrote the script, he knew just how the characters would say it. Therefore, the characters much more involoving. I've never really been a fan of Williamson's writing, in fact, I hate him for what he's done to the horror genre. But he is a good writer, although the movie references were getting old. Third, Wes Craven directed it, so the suspence is there. No, not like the first, but there are a few creative kills and tense moments. And I must be the only one in this world who liked the romance going on between Derek and Sidney.
So besides a funny, but mediocre opening and horrible acting at the end, I liked this one a lot. Almost as much as the first. Sure, the killer's come out of left feild, but that didn't really bother me.
Any more thoughts on this one?

JasonSlasher
11-10-2001, 09:03 AM
whoops, I ment to post this in GENERAL HORROR TALK.
Oh, moderaters.....