PDA

View Full Version : Reviews: Dude, Where's My Car?

JoBlo
11-16-2001, 05:49 PM
JoBlo's 7/10 review of DUDE, WHERE'S MY CAR? can be found here: http://www.joblo.com/dude.htm
Your past movie reviews from May 1998 - November 2001 can be found there as well.

And what did you think of the movie? Add your comments below.

GUIDELINES: CONSTRUCTIVE REVIEWS ONLY!

1) If you haven't seen the movie, don't post here, because it will be deleted.
2) If you add two-bit comments like "it rocked" or "it sucked the big one" or just a grade, it will be deleted.
3) If you insult anyone from the board in your post, it will be deleted and you will receive a warning from the board. A second warning and you will be banned altogether. You can disagree with others all you want but no putdowns are necessary to make your points.

In order for others to know whether or not you would recommend the movie, please click on the desired icon of your choice when posting:

Recommended = http://www.joblo.com/ubb/icons/icon7.gif
Not recommended = http://www.joblo.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif
In the middle = http://www.joblo.com/ubb/icons/icon9.gif

movie_lover
01-19-2002, 05:24 PM
this movie is hilarious! i just got the dvd today! now, i know it may not have the best storyline ever, but there were some pretty decent jokes. like when they wanna get there car back from the crazy house wit all them crazy signs, and he says "Im getting a canadian feeling here" that was pretty funny! not sayin i have any against canadians, i just think it was funny

The1TrueFrog
03-12-2002, 10:19 PM
Dude, Where's My Car? - 9/10.

http://us.ent4.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/dude__where_s_my_car_/_group_photos/ashton_kutcher2.jpg

Could be dubbed "Lifestyles of the drugged & stupid".. Features "That 70's Show"'s Ashton Kutcher and Sean William Scott as two pot-smoking losers that lose their car and have to gather their memories of the night before to find it, and of course, run into a number of bizarre pitfalls.

It's safe to assume that this movie is not an intelligent one. Coming from someone who just gave "South Park:Bigger, Longer, and Uncut" a 9/10, I loved it! It's a good movie to hang out with friends & watch while getting really drunk.

A pretty dumb story, stupid dialogue, a pure idiotic title, can make a movie great sometimes. Provided that you get a crazy woman about to cut off hands, a pot-smoking dog, everyone fighting over a space gizmo that our leads can't pronounce, ostriches, and a giant godzilla of a sexy chick eating people. Is that asking too much? Hehe..

On top of endless jokes, you also get a decent soundtrack (and a music video on DVD), plus a bunch of additional outtakes, bloopers, and other silliness when the credits come up. Dude, what a movie!

Jacker
03-13-2002, 12:55 AM
This movie is an absolute piece of garbage and a waste of my precious time. You know, there's some movies that you can dig, because you can tell the actors are having a good time with their characters. This one, I resented the actors and film makers, because they were having a great time and I wasn't. The movie is so idiotic, un-funny, un-interesting, even really slow for the film it is, and un-funny. I understand that the stupid plot and dialogue was intentional, but it simply wasn't funny to me. I maybe chuckled at the Andy Dick part. Just seing that guy can make me laugh a little, but it turned out to not work. The whole nerdy alien space geeks was completely un-funny. Anyway, I'll be kind and give this a 2/10.

PS: I would have turned this off early in the game, but my friend insisted that it should pick up somewhere. HE LIED!

Spoiledrichkid
03-14-2002, 07:36 PM
Dude, where's my $6.00?

and while you're at it,what about the 90 mins. of my life that I CAN'T get back!

devons_girl
06-28-2002, 05:58 AM
Dude, Where's your sense of humor?
you KNOW this movie was funny. i am so sick of all you old people getting on here and bitching about our movies. sit us down in front of all the movies you give bad ratings to bc 'it just wasnt funny', or 'it was gross', or GOD FORBID!, they smoked pot!!...we'd leave you alone until u died. and thats what you want isnt it? after all, our generation is nothing but horny potheads who sit around and watch tv all day...right? well.. it's the life. get over it. fucking rent the movie, i laughed the whole damn time.. 9/10

The1TrueFrog
07-05-2002, 10:47 PM
devons_girl, you made my day! thanks for standing up for all the 'horny potheads' out there, lol! the movie was great!

mr_eff
12-26-2002, 04:01 PM
This is, without a doubt, on of the worst movies I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. And please don't assume that everyone who didn't like it are old people with no sense of humor. I am between 15 and 25, and I do enjoy getting wasted or stoned every now and again, but I still thought this movie was stupid, overly childish, and completely unfunny.

Jerk Shapiro
12-27-2002, 01:47 PM
I caught this movie on HBO the other day. I must say, it really is quite funny.

Ok, first, let me say, the movie is stupid. But funny as hell. Especially the Andy Dick scenes. Ashton Kutcher and Sean William Scott are by no means great actors, they just have fun.

Like in this, where they are on a quest to find their car from last night when they were totally wasted. It's hilarious. Especially their aliases: Johnny Potsmoker and Smokey McPot.

All in all, one of the dumbest films ever. In the ranks of Kung Pow! and crap like this. But fun, really, really fun!

Fj x
12-28-2002, 01:01 AM
As dumb as it was, this movie was pretty dam funny. The only real funny thing is, a couple of stoners who wrote the stupid script got big bucks on a movie I could've made with 2 friends and some extras. Yeah, it was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen, but at least it has a sense of humor that is only found in those dumb but hilarious movies like Cheech and Chong.
7/10

NotKeyserSoze
01-19-2003, 03:50 PM
Truly the dumbest of the dumb, this is still a laugh-out-loud farce in places. Really daft gags, like the headbutting ostriches (oh how I laughed) and the slightly gay Austrian aliens really make this too daft not to be amusing. The main characters are sort of like a truly braindead Bill and Ted, without much of their likeability, but still with enough stupidity to warrant watching. Scenes where they get tired of walking after walking all the way to the house next door sum up modern youth in one breath.

The story is obviously a confuddling mess, but comedies are never supposed to make masses of sense - so the further it goes on, the weirder it gets. And stupid line after stupid line, it descends into comic insanity. Not clever insanity, mind... just kinda confusing. The stoner audience will get the most laughs out of it, but most people (who will likely find an ostrich with a headbutt fixation rather amusing) will get a giggle or two as well. Better than American Pie, anyway. 6/10

Girlntereptid13
02-10-2003, 09:59 PM
all my friends saw this movie and said it was like the eigth wonder of the world. so i trumped over to the local theater, and after 83 excruciating minutes, i can assure you it most definately is not. i'd like to state that i am not a movie snob, i liked 'american pie', i loved 'bill and ted's excellent adventure', and i am a huge sam raimi fan. but where 'd,wmc?' comes i draw the line. it was a stupid movie, with(out) a lame plot, and embarassing performances. i tried to like it. i tried to laugh (i swear officer!). but it was pathetic. worst of all, it ultimately didn't even achieve it's goal... it was not controversial, and thus could not be registered as camp. if it would've taken a chance, braved the "R" rating, thrown in some nudity, more language, more drug use, more risque, i don't know, at least i could respect it. but seriously, i couldn't enjoy this movie if i was high. or when i'm high. or ever.

Girlntereptid13
02-10-2003, 10:01 PM
also, the "R" rating never hurt 'american pie's commercial success or shied away it's targeted audience. it's bullshit. the creaters of 'd,wmc?' are just hollywood fucks.

quoth_the_raven
02-11-2003, 03:53 PM
ok, first off i am not some kind of straight edger, harcore anti-drugs protestor, but i dont do drugs. just to clairfy my view on this film is not clouded by any personal views i have...

which means u know how i thought of this film. pretty crap actually, sir. bar one or two genuinely funny moment, this film shouldnt actually be termed a comedy. cause it aint funny. hell its so unfunny at times, i feel like i could sue for breach of contract.
the whole film was stale and pretty much dead on arrival. dont get me wrong, i do like some teen comedies, but it helps if they are funny.

hated it.

2/10 (just for the one or two funny bits)