PDA

View Full Version : Will BARBERSHOP make it to 100 Million at the B.O.?

Mike
10-02-2002, 02:14 PM
Barbershop suffered a drop of only 21.9% at the Box Office this last weekend and now has a total of just over 52 Million. With good reviews and great word of mouth its legs should stay strong for a little while yet. Its biggest competition will come from Brown Sugar which opens October 11th and also has a PG-13 rating.

I've been wondering for a little while now if it will be able to make it to 100 Million. And I think Barbershop does have a chance of reaching 100 Million but 80-90 Million seems more likely. 80-90 Million is still a great accomplishment though, especially for a movie titled Barbershop. And with a budget of only 12 Million, Barbershop is one of this falls sleeper hits.

Do you think it will make it to 100 Million?

Jedi
10-02-2002, 04:10 PM
It most likely won't. It will make it to the $80million plus mark maybe $90 million. But it will face some stiff competetion during the very busy month of October.

Nate6
10-02-2002, 04:19 PM
I agree, I think it'll get to $80-90 million, but $100 million is really pushing it, unless it keeps dropping only 20% each week.

dh1989
10-05-2002, 05:59 PM
Probably not. I also predict a finish of about 80-90 million. That is still very good for a comedy with a lower budget and will be good news for sagging MGM.

Just Jack
10-05-2002, 06:36 PM
Not likely. So-called "black" movies usually open big but then drop quickly. The movie is holding up, but I think it's most likely do to the little controversy surrounding it.

Tom Samborski
10-05-2002, 07:13 PM
Most likely no. But I do think it will finish close to that figure, let's say 80 to 90 million.

Mike
10-05-2002, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Just Jack
Not likely. So-called "black" movies usually open big but then drop quickly. The movie is holding up, but I think it's most likely do to the little controversy surrounding it.

I don't think the really "little" controversy has anything to do with it, I think it's doing well because of the good reviews and word of mouth. I don't think that stupid little controversy going on has much to do with it at all. I know I wouldn't see a movie because of something that's not even a very big deal.

Just Jack
10-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Mike
I don't think the really "little" controversy has anything to do with it, I think it's doing well because of the good reviews and word of mouth. I don't think that stupid little controversy going on has much to do with it at all. I know I wouldn't see a movie because of something that's not even a very big deal.

Okay, I worded it wrong. But, I'm sure some of it's business has to do with that, though.

I agree, though, I know I would never see a movie because of what was in the news about it.