PDA

View Full Version : Lake Placid

psychopath
07-10-2002, 04:02 PM
Am I the only one who enjoys this? Sure it could have been alot better but it was still cool to me and the croc looked AWESOME!!! I hated when he ate the bear(soft spot for animals)

Overall,I give it a 6/10

Toxferatu
07-10-2002, 04:26 PM
it was entertaining, i'd watch it again. i havent seen it since the theater. i thought it was pretty damn good.

mr_gamecube
07-10-2002, 05:02 PM
I loved it! Betty White is hilarious!

Boogeyman
07-10-2002, 05:02 PM
I thought it was entertaining. I would buy it...

later

Candyman666
07-10-2002, 06:30 PM
I saw this movie in theaters, and I bought the DVD. The shark looked badass, and that first scene was surprisingly gory for a movie being advertised as a comedy. One of my favorite monster movies.

Hooray for me.

chibichibirei
07-11-2002, 11:48 AM
I enjoyed Lake Placid http://www.joblo.com/ubb/smile.gif

mattjk_17
07-11-2002, 12:41 PM
Lake Placid was a fun movie

7/10

Razorblade Smile
07-11-2002, 02:50 PM
Great flick that doesn't take itself too seriously. Oliver Platt is terrific and Betty White is very UN-Betty like in this. Bill Pullman does what he does best; pretending to act like Bill Pullman. And Bridget Fonda is always a hoot.

My only complaint is that the film is too damn short. Works great if you like black comedies.

skweemkween
07-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Thanks for mentioning this movie!!!
I don't understand why some schmoes dislike this, it's fucking hilarious. Oliver Pratt's role is one of the funniest and most memorable I've seen in years. Even the sheriff (whose name eludes me) was great.

And the alligator? Scarey. Alligators don't usually give me the willies, but this one sent a chill down my spine. I don't know if you would call that horror, but I call it a damn fine time.

And what other "when animals attack" movie-what other I ask you-features the ultimate "bear scene?"(Didn't want to reveal too much for the schmoes that haven't seen it yet.)
And the end? C'mon!

SPOILERS!!
How can you not love the big galute laying there wondering "where the FUCK am I going??"
Ya almost feel for the big slimy.Awwwww!

psychopath
07-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Yes,the croc is pretty damn scary! Stan winston is a master! SHIT THAT LOOKED REAL!!!
And the sherrifs actor name is Brandon Gleeson. Did Oliver platt call himn fat? LOL.

adidas12185
07-11-2002, 05:28 PM
Yeah I thought this was a good movie, because mainly it was entertaining a cheesy fun. Lake Placid is a good choice for horror/comedy, its not as great overall as the Ghost and the Darkness or Jaws though. 7/10, C

Elgyn
07-11-2002, 09:55 PM
I had heard lots of terrible comments about this film, but when I finally saw it I thought it was actually pretty good!
The characters and performences were better than these kinds of movies usually have.
It`s more like a throwback to the "giant animals" movies from the 50`s than a straight horror flick.

kubotakhan01
07-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Didn't love it, didn't hate it. Thought the ending was dumb. Didn't think the croc looked real. especially when it was CGI.