PDA

View Full Version : Have dinner with Bruce Campbell!

countchocula
01-14-2003, 06:18 PM
From fangoria.com...

Anchor Bay Entertainment has a special surprise for one fan who picks up their forthcoming “Boomstick Edition” of Sam Raimi’s ARMY OF DARKNESS. This two-DVD set is a lower-priced ($29.95) rerelease of their previous ARMY limited edition, containing both the theatrical version and the director’s cut, audio commentary by Raimi, his brother/co-writer Ivan and Bruce Campbell, etc. And one particular copy will include something more: An invitation to have dinner with Campbell! “It’s kind of like the golden ticket thing from WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY,” says Anchor Bay’s Michael Felsher. The hunt begins March 4 at a DVD retailer near you.

I won't be picking up the Boomstick Edition of Army of Darkness, but this is a fabulous idea. And just because I can...

I've got a golden ticket.
I've got a golden chance to make my way.
And with a golden ticket, it's a golden day!

KillerKlown
01-14-2003, 06:27 PM
Is there only one Golden Ticket? Damn, better get in there before Augustus Gloop gets it, or that little bastard Charlie for that matter. ;)

Toxferatu
01-14-2003, 08:05 PM
lol, thats just cool.

but i have no need to get it, i have the 2 disc director's cut/theatrical release set one already. i wouldnt win anyway.

cereal killer
01-14-2003, 10:27 PM
It's a damn good promotional idea, I wonder what the odds of winning are?

KillerKlown
01-15-2003, 01:44 AM
You've probably got a greater chance of being posessed by demons than finding that ticket!

FeydRautha
01-15-2003, 05:05 AM
The heart-breaking thing is, I doubt if this contest will be held outside the US. As generous a prize as it sounds, the organisers probably won't want to fly someone in from overseas for dinner with the Brucester.

So that's me out of the running. Dang... :(

XCoRyX
01-16-2003, 08:45 AM
good idea for promotional purposes but i will pass up on this one,why?because i wont buy the DVD....not a fan of the films,army of darkness is the best in my opinion,so maybe in the future i might pick up a copy and when i say future i mean far down the road,but by then hopefully the golden ticket will have been found ;).