PDA

View Full Version : Has something bad about a movie ever ruined it slightly for you?

eraserhead_99
02-10-2003, 09:07 PM
That happened to me with the end of The Game.Although i find it very cool in some ways it pisses me off in others.

Asokan
02-11-2003, 12:08 AM
Best example: SAVING PRIVATE RYAN

Brilliant: D-Day, battle scenes, realism, cinematography, Tom Hanks, Barry Pepper, Adam Goldberg, Jeremy Davies

Pissing me off: the script, the framework, the pathetic speeches, the clumsiness, the patriotism, Edward Burns, Tom Sizemore

DevilMonkey
02-11-2003, 12:51 AM
This might sound weird because this si still my favorite movie. In Austin Powers in Goldmember there were alot of main things missing

biggest things missing:

1)Between scenes Austin wasn't dancing with a girl from ming tea.

2)Burt Bacharach (speeling) wasn't playing the piano untill the end which in my opinion didn't count

3)At the very end of the movie nobody came after austin that was a henchmen for Dr.Evil or even since it seems that Scott has taken his dady's old job hasn't had any henchmen come after him(and no scott evil saying "im going to get you austin powers mwoo mwahh ::stands up:: starts doin the moonwalk::in a micheal jackson voice ahhhh! doesn't count)

4) I know this one doesn't really make a huge difference but the movies usally start of with Dr.Evil not showing his face untill the end of the bossa-nova song (austin powers opening theme song)

5)No photo shoots (in the first opening credits/ending credits in second movie when austin goes to take pictures with Rebecca and Ivana)

6)and No Mustafa not a big deal but mustafa rocks!

None of this ruined the film for me but it just stuck out in my mind i still love this movie and if you know any other things that i didn't say tell me thanks
if you have anything to say about this you can e-mail me or just post a new mmessage :-)

ReservoirDog
02-11-2003, 01:19 AM
****SPOILERS Boondock Saints****

I loved Boondock Saints but the one part in the end where Willem Dafoe dressed in drag and kissed that mobster to get into the house, almost ruined the movie for me. Now I don't mind that scene that much, but at first I couldn't believe they put it in there.

neilg78
02-11-2003, 01:25 AM
A.I thought it was a great film until that V/O near the end and then you had to sit through twenty minutes of utter crap

jodman
02-11-2003, 07:09 AM
I have to say that after watching Apocolypse now redux (i never saw the original version) i thought that the scene where the troops meet the French family really broke up the momentum which the film was gathering.
I'm sure that this section of the film made some valid points about the war but in my opinion this scene should have been left on the cutting room floor.

Excellent film apart from that though!

VicVega
02-11-2003, 07:51 AM
I dont know. I dont think that one scene could ever ruin a movie for me. But if I had to say, Traffic was almost ruined for me because of that one sex scene where Erika Christensen has sex with that black guy.

Razorblade Smile
02-11-2003, 07:55 AM
Attack of the Clones. I love the movie, but I cringe everytime Hayden and Natalie are on screen together. Damn near ruined the whole thing.

MarkItZero
02-11-2003, 08:44 AM
Minority Report might have been good, but then everytime that buffoon Tom Cruise showed up on screen it totally ruined it for me.

eraserhead_99
02-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by jodman
I have to say that after watching Apocolypse now redux (i never saw the original version) i thought that the scene where the troops meet the French family really broke up the momentum which the film was gathering.
I'm sure that this section of the film made some valid points about the war but in my opinion this scene should have been left on the cutting room floor.

Excellent film apart from that though!

I agree, way too long and should have been taken out.

Grebdron
02-11-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Asokan
Pissing me off: the patriotism

Yeah, don't you just hate that pesky patriotism shit?:rolleyes:

Boondock Saints was almost ruined by Rocco.

The second half of Full Metal Jacket detracted from it big time.

quoth_the_raven
02-11-2003, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Razorblade Smile
Attack of the Clones. I love the movie, but I cringe everytime Hayden and Natalie are on screen together. Damn near ruined the whole thing.

i agree with that totally. it was just uneccessary vomit inducing. all that rolling plafully in the heather. i just wanted him to go vader on us, turn jar jar into sushi and thus improve the entire film.

its like titanic. i dislike the love scenes in that, they are too drawn out. id have been so pleased to watch the sinking of the titanic recreated, which is why i prefer A night to remember. thats the real titanic...

oooh and two weeks notice has great performances by Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock but is ruined by being fairly in the old storyline.

thats all for now, check back later for more moanings.

HHH123007
02-12-2003, 01:26 AM
Minority Report would've been good for me, but it went on for 40 minutes too long, IMO...

Also, in The Patriot, there's a line that goes something like...

"It's a free country....or at least it will be.."

A stupid jokey line like that ruined a good movie for me....don't know why.... :mad:

DareDevil
02-12-2003, 01:59 AM
uhmm the end of training day

spoiler****

where all the thug ppl decide to be good... like really unbeliveable

WriterManX
02-13-2003, 03:12 PM
The end of "Mulholland Drive"

The style of "Natural Born Killers"

Both the greenhouse and the ending of "Minority Report" (still like the flick, but those really took it down)

The Delfonics
02-13-2003, 05:49 PM
DEAD ALIVE... .a freaking a bloody masterpiece but the custard scene pisses me off!

Jim H
02-14-2003, 11:20 PM
The ending of The Last Broadcast. It gets my vote for worst ending ever. Up to that point, I would of given it like an 8, or maybe even a 9. The last 10 minutes drug it down to a 6.

flowrchild
02-15-2003, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't have hated Looking For Mr Goodbar as much if not for the ridiculous unnecessary traumatizing ending. The movie had been frustrating me up to that point, but that solidified my loathing for it.

MacReady
04-21-2004, 10:53 AM
The real animal killings in Cannibal Holocaust ruined what could've been an incredibly entertaining and violent bloodbath of a film (it was actually, but those deaths just sank the film).

syxxpac
04-21-2004, 11:10 AM
The entire second half of Jeepers Creepers.

Psychocandy
04-21-2004, 12:19 PM
The Fifth Element...Chris Tucker. If I wanted a side order of gibbering fool with my science fiction then i'd have asked for a side order of gibbering fool with my science fiction.

Indy in IN
04-21-2004, 01:24 PM
Spider-man. I know Sept. 11th had just happened, but the whole "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" was really out of place.

Bad Boys 2. When Martin's daughter's date showed up and they work him over. Even put a gun to his head. Very out of place.

syxxpac
04-21-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Indy in IN
Spider-man. I know Sept. 11th had just happened, but the whole "You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us" was really out of place.

Yeah, that too.

What a load of horseshit. If I wanted shameless, irritating patriotic propaganda I'd stay home and watch TV instead of going to a movie.

bowieee
04-21-2004, 02:28 PM
Recently from ****The girl next door spoilers*********

An extremely good movie but there is one scene that keeps it from getting a perfect 10. When everyone gives him a standing ovation for his speech it just totally went against the grain and tone of the movie up until then. That scene was way cheesy and super out of place. *end Spoilers**** The movie is still a solid 9.5 though.

bowieee
04-21-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by The Delfonics
DEAD ALIVE... .a freaking a bloody masterpiece but the custard scene pisses me off!

Really :)

Thats one of my favorite horror scenes ever and the first time I almost threw up from a scene from a movie. I looove that scene :) but to each his own.

MickeyKnox
04-21-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Grebdron

The second half of Full Metal Jacket detracted from it big time. As well as me too, they just should have left it as a two hour boot camp movie then it would have been cooler, but i still love the movie despite its lagging second half

Jim H
04-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by MacReady
The real animal killings in Cannibal Holocaust ruined what could've been an incredibly entertaining and violent bloodbath of a film (it was actually, but those deaths just sank the film).

I've heard of that, a number of the Italian films do that. Is there anything cruel about how they kill them, or it just normal animal killing + butchering?

ilovemovies
04-21-2004, 04:14 PM
For The Fifth Element three words:

CHRIS FREAKING TUCKER!!!

MacReady
04-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by syxxpac
Yeah, that too.

What a load of horseshit. If I wanted shameless, irritating patriotic propaganda I'd stay home and watch TV instead of going to a movie.

Uh-Oh, I expect another upset post by Grebdron.;)

Originally posted by Jim H
I've heard of that, a number of the Italian films do that. Is there anything cruel about how they kill them, or it just normal animal killing + butchering?

I've only heard of it in Italian Cannibal movies but since I already typed this before...

Animals killed FOR REAL in Cannibal Holocaust onscreen and the methods used to dispatch them.
Boa:Quickly skewered with a machete.
Pig:Shot in the stomach at point blank (followed by a closeup). Screams in agony afterwards.
Monkey:Face chopped off with a machete (followed by a closeup), then the entire head itself.
Muskrat:Knife inserted in it's head throught the neck twice. Screamed in agony while the actor was doing so.
Large Turtle: Decapitated with a knife shile it's limbs are still kicking Followed by the removale of the arms, then chopping off the soft underbelly to have the animals innards ooze out (there's a closeup of this). During the time the turtles legs are still wiggling not to mention it's mouth is till snapping despite being severed from the body (one of the actors grabs the head and brings it up real close to the camera). This scene alone is about a minute long.

syxxpac
04-21-2004, 07:44 PM
Uh-Oh, I expect another upset post by Grebdron.;)

I'll be alright.

He's old. I can outrun him any day :D

Jim H
04-21-2004, 08:52 PM
I've only heard of it in Italian Cannibal movies but since I already typed this before...

Men Behind the Sun, a Japanese and Chinese co-production, wins as far as animal cruelty goes. They starved a bunch of rats, then threw a live cat in with them and eventually the rats get the cat down and eat it alive. Well, that was the jist I got, as I've never seen the film and I never will.

Common Sense Man
04-21-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by syxxpac
I'll be alright.

He's old. I can outrun him any day :D

Not if I carry him on my back, I'm young and spritely. :p

About the only time that Patriotism gets me down is when Bruckheimer slathers it on with his none to subtle brush.

Now about Apocolypse Now Redux. I agree that the dinner scene was definately a slow down. I am sure that is why they left it out of the original.

And I liked Chris Tucker in 5th Element. Who says there can't be freaks in Sci-Fi movies!

Out...................................

Hannibal21
04-22-2004, 06:24 AM
I remember when I was watching Stephen King's IT. The first half of the movie with the characters when they were kids, was very intriguing and actually scared me in several parts.....

.....but then came the second part, which got more and more ludicrous by each and every second with it's stiff acting, boring pace, uninvolving subplot, a RIDICULOUS over the top ending, etc. etc.

First half: 8/10
Second half: 1/10

I'll just separate both halves as two completely different movies, because that was the feeling I got from watching it.

Ripper1888
04-23-2004, 09:04 AM
No one scene has ever ruiend a movie for me,but there are some scenes that did take away from the rest of the film.

Spoilers ahead
Psycho- One of my favorite movies is kept from being a flawless film by that psychiatrist speech near the end I get why it was there but I just felt it was a little much.

Return of the Living Dead- One of the best combinations of horror and comedy a nice campy flick,I was let down by the films ending one ouick phone call and a bomb later The End. just to simplistic for me.

MacReady
05-07-2004, 10:52 AM
*SPOILERS FOR Armageddon*

Something that sunk the already awful Armageddon for me was that totally unessecary destruction of France near the end. The meteorite just has a part break apart and pretty much kills all the citzens of Paris for no good reason (hell, the meteor is destroyed at the end and no city other than France is hurt!) To me this was just added so Bay could live out some xenophobic fantasies.:rolleyes:

*END SPOILERS*

GoldenGhost
05-08-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by WriterManX
The end of "Mulholland Drive"

I think some folks would be baffled if the ending didn't occur. It was the whole reason for the flick.

jackson13
05-08-2004, 01:07 PM
I cant think of one off of the top of my head, but could someone explain this Dead Alive Custard Scene to me? Not one video store in town has the movie, so I cant see it.

MacReady
05-08-2004, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by jackson13
I cant think of one off of the top of my head, but could someone explain this Dead Alive Custard Scene to me? Not one video store in town has the movie, so I cant see it.

*MILD SPOILERS*

It's a scene where Lionel's sick, rotting mother has made a meal of (what else) custard to feed a few guests who've dropped by for a visit. During the course of the meal one of her puss wounds start squirting blood into one of the guest's plate. Of course he dosen't notice this, takes a big slurp of the red and yellow meal and proceeds to say "Hmmmm, creamy. Just the way I like it". (or something to that effect). This is followed by a scene where Vera (Lionel's mother, the one who's rotting away) has one of her ears fall into her bowl than eats it without knowing what's in it. Needless to say this grossed some people out (of course I was totally unaffected by it but actually found it quite funny).

*END MILD SPOILERS*

In any event jackson, if you do find it and want to rent the movie, make it's the unrated version and not that pussy, cut-up, r-rated version that blockbuster carries

Jim H
05-08-2004, 02:57 PM
The R-rated version of Dead-Alive is, along with The Killer's R-rated version, the most damaging cutting of a movie I have ever seen.