PDA

View Full Version : HOW MANY OF U THINK 007 SUX....BIGTIME????

sleaktower
02-16-2003, 03:17 AM
JAMES BOND'S LOST IT!!!....i saw die another day....n well,unless brosnan's gonna be changed,there's not much of a life left for 007!!!no offense to bros....he is still the epitome of style n all,but i think its time for robbie williams or ....any new face for that matter to get in2 JB's boots....or pants rather!!!
the screen-writers are making 007 look ridiculous!!i mean,from what i've seen,he seems to be hornier than austin powers!!!the casanova-playboy kinda image is probably cool ....but only to a certain limit!!...n they make girls look like fools!!!jinx (berry) probably is a smart-ass babe n all,but then y does she sleep wit 007 soooooooo freeeekin soon!!n dont even get me started on the invisible car shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if JB has to click the nxt time,they gotta control 007's 007!!!

Moviefan1234
02-16-2003, 06:13 AM
007 is the grandfather of spies, he is always going to be popular and that's why "Die Another Day" was so successful at the box office. He's not my favorite spy, but I respect him because he helped create spy movies.

Mick
02-16-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by sleaktower
JAMES BOND'S LOST IT!!!....i saw die another day....n well,unless brosnan's gonna be changed,there's not much of a life left for 007!!!no offense to bros....he is still the epitome of style n all,but i think its time for robbie williams

Argh. You're kidding, right? Robbie Williams?! He's not an actor for a start, and he's such a cocky cunt, it'd be torture to watch him for more than 4 minutes and he's far too ugly to play Bond (yes, I know lots of women find him attractive, but that's 'cos they are stupid)

or ....any new face for that matter to get in2 JB's boots....or pants rather!!!

Well Brosnan's definitely going to be doing another one, and he's not bad IMO.

the screen-writers are making 007 look ridiculous!!i mean,from what i've seen,he seems to be hornier than austin powers!!!the casanova-playboy kinda image is probably cool ....but only to a certain limit!!...n they make girls look like fools!!!jinx (berry) probably is a smart-ass babe n all,but then y does she sleep wit 007 soooooooo freeeekin soon!!

I agree with that. We really need to get back to the days of Connery or Moore, where they'd.... oh, wait.... hasn't Bond always been like that? Jinx was more annoying than smart.

n dont even get me started on the invisible car shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to suspend reality a bit while watching Bond films, it's not exactly the most realistic film series, and it never has been. Besides, invisible cars might be here sooner than you think :)

if JB has to click the nxt time,they gotta control 007's 007!!!

Huh?

Razorblade Smile
02-16-2003, 07:25 AM
Never been a fan for Bond. But I respect its contributions to film history.

Besides...EVERYBODY knows that there is only ONE James Bond.

http://www.cine-home.com/Extrait_Dbo/Artistes/Sean%20Connery.JPG
:D

sleaktower
02-16-2003, 08:04 AM
I DO RESPECT BOND N STUFF.....BUT THEN ITS STARTIN TO GET BORIN'!!!N MOREOVER,I THINK ROBBIE WILLIAMS,(IF TAKEN SERIOUSLY)HAS THE STYLE TO PLAY BOND!!!!I AINT A BIG FAN OF HIS!!!BUT THEN COMPARED TO ASHTON KUTCHER PLAYIN SUPERMAN.....I THINK ROB PLAYIN 007 IS MORE DIGESTABLE!!!

n when i say they gotta control 007's 007....i mean his horniness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i dun wana xplain totally)

Fisting Ackbar
02-16-2003, 08:23 AM
I DO RESPECT BOND N STUFF.....BUT THEN ITS STARTIN TO GET BORIN'!!!N MOREOVER,I THINK ROBBIE WILLIAMS,(IF TAKEN SERIOUSLY)HAS THE STYLE TO PLAY BOND!!!!I AINT A BIG FAN OF HIS!!!BUT THEN COMPARED TO ASHTON KUTCHER PLAYIN SUPERMAN.....I THINK ROB PLAYIN 007 IS MORE DIGESTABLE!!!

http://members.lycos.nl/anonymousjohn/capslock.gif

Scarface King
02-16-2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Razorblade Smile
Never been a fan for Bond. But I respect its contributions to film history.

Besides...EVERYBODY knows that there is only ONE James Bond.

http://www.cine-home.com/Extrait_Dbo/Artistes/Sean%20Connery.JPG
:D Are we forgetting Roger Moore? We can't be doing that now.

blankpage
02-16-2003, 08:44 AM
I don't think Bond has lost it. I think Brosnan is a great Bond. I am aware he is getting older, but I think he still brings the old time Bond. However, Sean will always be the best Bond. I think the writers/producers want the new Bond films to appeal to a teenage audience. That could be the reason why some people didn't like Die Another Day. I thought it was fine though.

Mr_Jinx
02-16-2003, 08:55 AM
sean connery was the best bond imo........bronsan does a good job but as some of u's have said the screenwriters are making him look ridiculas and some of the plots are bad.......they should search the old archives for some new inspiration.

by the way goldfinger is the best bond film

Corporal_Hicks
02-16-2003, 09:01 AM
I am not the biggest Bond fan, yet they are a piece of film history and I can't deny that. Some Bond films are pretty damn good (Live and Let Die, Tommorow Never Dies) and others are bad (Majesty's secret service, Living Daylights).

The films are getting a little over the top now, the Bronsan Bond films are nearly twice as far fetched as Rambo. Now I suspend reason when I see a Bond film, but only to a certain degree. I think the franchise still has a long life ahead of it, if it changes some things to adapt to a new society it will survive for a long long time.

Mick
02-16-2003, 09:47 AM
n when i say they gotta control 007's 007....i mean his horniness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i dun wana xplain totally)

Bond's always been horny; he always gets the girl. You can't blame Brosnan or the current screenwriters for that, although I do think they did go a bit OTT with the sex scene in Die Another Day.

ColinM
02-16-2003, 09:51 AM
I don't think the 007 series has lost anything. I thought Die Another Day (7/10), despite not being the best of the Bond movies, was quite a good movie. I actually think Goldeneye (8/10) is the best of all the Bond movies. I also think that the 007 series is only bound to get better with age because the gadgets will get cooler, the cars will get better (some may disagree), and the T&A becomes...well, more so.

jodman
02-16-2003, 11:34 AM
I have never seen a bond film but i would have thought that after so many installments the film would have lost its appeal.

Although i would quite fankly have seen the newest one for the Halle Berry in Bikini scene alone!

ColinM
02-16-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by jodman
I have never seen a bond film but i would have thought that after so many installments the film would have lost its appeal.

Really? Wow, you've got to get renting! I'd recommend starting with Dr. No and just watch them all in order.

Scarface98.9
02-16-2003, 12:17 PM
From what I could gather from the badly-spelled first post, you don't like Bond anymore. With Brosnon as Bond, I'm starting to like the series moreso than ever, since I didn't like a lot of the previous Bonds (except for Connery's movies :))

NuclearMisfit
02-16-2003, 12:20 PM
My favorite Pierce Brosnan bond flick is Goldeneye, after that it seemed to lose its luster as do all sequels.

bob
02-16-2003, 12:23 PM
sleaktower, shut yo mouth!:D

syxxpac
02-16-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Fisting Ackbar

LOL :D

Invincible
02-16-2003, 12:51 PM

haha! :D

dh1989
02-16-2003, 04:38 PM
I've never understood why people love Bond. He's a drunken, chain-smoking womanizer who kills people, not to mention he's a cocky asshole. Where's the "turn on"?

syxxpac
02-16-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by dh1989
I've never understood why people love Bond. He's a drunken, chain-smoking womanizer who kills people, not to mention he's a cocky asshole. Where's the "turn on"?

You just answered your own question...

Razorblade Smile
02-16-2003, 06:40 PM

Hmm. Sounds like me.
Well, except for the womanizing. I would never do that.
:D

Jim H
02-16-2003, 09:33 PM
I thought Die Another Day the second best Brosnan bond movie. The swordfight was excellent. The bad Bondgirl was kind of eh though. Sometimes I think they have too much action in these Bond movies though, it takes away from the impact. There were several cool escapes, and I liked that. Halle Berry was a decent good Bondgirl. I liked all the references to past Bond movies especially. Really miss Desmond Llewelyn, oh well.

DevilMonkey
02-16-2003, 10:19 PM

I was going to say the same thing but i also think that withouit james bond we wouldn't have some of the greatest things we have no for example there probally wouldn't be a Austin Powers. I dislike the newer Bond film because of its realease date maybe if it came out later like in the summer it would have givin Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets a change to make more money.

James Logan
02-17-2003, 04:51 AM
James Bond rocks. I've loved the man and the movies ever since I saw one, and as long as they keep the recipe the same, I'll love him just the same.

Mikey2Dope
02-17-2003, 04:52 AM

That right there is why I love the guy. I love the cocky assholes in movies. They're 1000 times more interesting and fun to watch then your run of the mill bland characters. Plus being a drunk,suave cock who gets any woman he usually wants ain't too shabby either.

BadCoverVersion
02-17-2003, 05:52 AM

Lmao...:D

Now that is actually very amusing!!!

BadCoverVersion
02-17-2003, 05:57 AM

You know women...

We all love a bastard...;)

I personally believe that CONNERY is THE definitive Bond, and I couldn't really give a tuppence about Brosnan. Still, it does no harm...and the fan-base is still very much thriving.

Bullet Tooth Tony
02-17-2003, 07:38 AM
James Bond is everything I aspire to be. I own all of the movies (well apart from Die Another Day obviously) and love them all...well apart from Moonraker.

For our christmas do i came as 007. He's a legend.

quoth_the_raven
02-17-2003, 10:31 AM
James bond. how can u say its over? we have had five unique interpretations of the character, and each has brought something different. its one of the longest running movie franchises, if not the longest (someone help me out on that one).

robbie williams? when the bros hangs up his shoulder holster, dont we wanna get someone who can act?

Bond will never die. hes a hero, and pretty much a cultural icon. sooner or later he will runb out of steam, but man, what a run they have had (bar view to a kill, which sucked)

besides, hes been around for 40 years and hes still 10000 times cooler than xxx could ever be.

Jim H
02-17-2003, 03:06 PM
Longest running movie franchise.. Well, American franchise I believe it is. There's the real-life person that the recent Iron Monkey (not the older one) had in it, it was the same person from Once Upon a Time in China. They've been making movies about that guy for like 90 years or something ridiculous, so if you want to count that as a franchise it's the oldest one I know of.

APzombie
02-18-2003, 10:40 PM
007, the man, the myth, the legend...

None other can hold pop culture in the palm of his hand and say "I have conquard it all!"

Puck Bond
02-18-2003, 11:48 PM
I'm taking down the names of everyone of you buggas who talk shit about James Bond...you have been warned.:D

Lady Summerisle
02-18-2003, 11:57 PM
The best Bond was Timothy Dalton!
He was serious and gave the Bond series a new flavour.

The Bond films happen to be going down in substance (MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN was about Bond's dual nature!), and relyed too much on style and good looking women.

The villains were better back then with Connery, and even Moore. Brosnan is so lacksadaisal its not funny. Not only that he just spouts double entendtres and fights villains who couldn't hold up a candle to the great Jaws, or Dr. No., or Blofeld!

Dalton brought the Bond films back up with the standards, and he gave Bond a side we haven't seen since Lazenby mourns the loss of his wife in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

Bond is getting old, as far as films are going. Bad CGI and underdressed women, and half-baked villains make not for a good Bond installment. Even A VIEW TO A KILL had Max Zoren!

quoth_the_raven
02-19-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Lady Summerisle
Even A VIEW TO A KILL had Max Zoren!

i am a huge bond fan. i can safely say that Zorin is all AVTOAK had....

aqnd i agree timothy dalton was a hugely underrated bond. he tends to strike more of a chord with Fleming readers, he plays the role and gets some of the nastiness of the literary Bond in there.

Grebdron
02-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I actually can't stand the whole franchise. The only one I ever liked was Roger Moore, and I thought Moonraker was the BEST Bond movie, not the worst.

DAD blew, all the way around. What a horrible movie.

danliebl
02-19-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Mick

n dont even get me started on the invisible car shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to suspend reality a bit while watching Bond films, it's not exactly the most realistic film series, and it never has been. Besides, invisible cars might be here sooner than you think :)

I just want someone to prove to me there are no invisible cars right now.... i will be waiting.

quoth_the_raven
02-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by danliebl
I just want someone to prove to me there are no invisible cars right now.... i will be waiting.

apparently a nasa scientist has commented that technology such as that used in the invisible car theory could be developed. it is possible, excecpt for one small detail. they couldnt do it with the tires. apparently. which would sort of ruin the idea really. also the cost would be abso-fucking-lutely huge. and as he works for nasa, that says a lot.

so umm, whether thats bullshit or not (i am moderately sure it is) i dont know.

incidentally i dont have a problem with Moonraker. i am a fan, and i thought it was a good movie. and i think roger moore was a better Bond than a lot of people give him credit for...

thats my two cents (its more like 5 really...)

noisy_brut
02-19-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by danliebl

I think I was just hit by one of those invisible cars. Either that or this is some really good weed, cuz I can't move.

James Logan
02-19-2003, 01:24 PM
a) Sean Connery is the one, true, Bond. True to Fleming's Bond, but also suave and sexy enough to become a silver screen legend. Moore was great too, very british. Lazenby sucked balls. Timothy Dalton -- well, as a Fleming reader I agree he's the closest to the literary Bond, and he is extremely underrated, but he lacks the humor and charm a movie Bond should have tons of. Brosnan is almost as good as Connery and Bond in my opinion, and he's one of the main reasons the franchise is still alive today.

b) About the gadgets...they're not supposed to be real. :p I mean, the movies in themselves suppose a temporary suspension of disbelief. I mean, this man never gets old, he saves the world single-handedly five days a week, he shags three women la minute without doing a single effort to seduce them, bullets bounce off him, and he never misses a shot unless he's shooting at the bad guy before the end of the movie. C'mon, folks, you're not supposed to believe what happens in Bond movies is possible in the real world, you're supposed to believe it can happen in Bond World. And in my book, an invisible car fits just fine in Bond World.

quoth_the_raven
02-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by James Logan

b) About the gadgets...they're not supposed to be real. :p I mean, the movies in themselves suppose a temporary suspension of disbelief. I mean, this man never gets old, he saves the world single-handedly five days a week, he shags three women la minute without doing a single effort to seduce them, bullets bounce off him, and he never misses a shot unless he's shooting at the bad guy before the end of the movie. C'mon, folks, you're not supposed to believe what happens in Bond movies is possible in the real world, you're supposed to believe it can happen in Bond World. And in my book, an invisible car fits just fine in Bond World.

good call logan :) u cant take it seriously :) and lets face it, most guys want to be bond and most girls wanna screw him. i dont buy the fact bullets bounce off him. they just dont hit him. which is probably a good thing really... if they did, the bond franchise would be dead.

literally.

Jim H
02-19-2003, 02:14 PM
Haven't any of you seen the see through (as in, you can see what is THROUGH it, not see skin ;p) shirts and other fabrics those Japanese guys are working on? They say within a few more years development from a distance it will look as if something covered with their stuff will be invisible.

I'd link it but I don't remember where I saw it.. Fark.com had a link to it.

superman28
02-19-2003, 11:19 PM
i hate james bond, neva liked him and i hate all the movies!!

DoubleDown11
02-19-2003, 11:39 PM
Guys honestly. We need a new James Bond. I think Jack Black is EXACTLY the man for the job.
http://www.tenaciousd.com/images/tenaciousd_090901_03.jpg
I mean he musically talented (Tenacious D), he has a cool beard, and he's got sex appeal.
http://www.tenaciousd.com/images/tenaciousd_090901_04.jpg
C'mon someone out there must be thinking the same thing!
2xDown

quoth_the_raven
02-20-2003, 04:07 AM
much as i love Tenacious D and Jack Black....i dont think that will work lol. it would lower the series lower than A view to a kill ever could...

still if its him or robbie williams...come on down mr.black

AxeDamn
02-20-2003, 07:07 PM
It's all fantasy, different each time with it's in-jokes and similarities, and the same character coming back to star in each episode.

Some are good films, and some are bad films. You can't honestly look at all the Bond movies as a "series", or even compare them. you want to compare Goldfinger to Die Another Day? (i actually haven't seen this one, but) I guess you can try if you want! What do you hope to get out of it? Times change.

I agree that Timothy Dalton was a very underrated Bond. I haven't read the books, sadly, but he was a great actor, perhaps he took the role too seriously, and after the other 2 (well, 3) actors who's brought their "light" style to the job, he couldn't hit a note with many audiences.

I also think Tim got a bad job because they ran out of books to base the films on after LIVING DAYLIGHTS (one of the better Bond movies IMHO, if you don't mind it practically NOT being a Bond movie :p) and in future films, they had to bring more "personal" angles for Bond, each film reveling or making up a thing close to his heart. Y'know, LICENCE TO KILL was a personal vendetta (hey it was the 80s, of course the took the cheap lazy way out), GOLDENEYE was all about betrayal and Trevelyan was like a mirror of Bond in many ways, TOMORROW NEVER DIES brought the past back to ahunt 007 in the form of a woman he's used and dropped.

All compleyle different, but soon they'll run out of ways of bringing Bond a personal interest into the story, and we'll be back to "this is your mission, now kick bad guy's arses and don't show any emotion", films, which I think are falling a bit flat now.

Goldfinger would have sucked if they'd made it now. So times change.

AmunRaTRON
02-21-2003, 11:33 AM
Richard lazenbury(sp) Best bond ever!

Timothy dalton was......to much of a pussy to be bond

Brosnen 2nd best: For being the one who got the cockyness right

Connry :Third for being The first

Moore was alright....

Jim H
02-21-2003, 12:42 PM
It is George Lazenby. And he's COMPLETELY copying Sean Connery in every possible way, from the way he walks, the way he holds his cigarrette, the way he shoots, and the way he talks.

quoth_the_raven
02-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by AmunRaTRON
Richard lazenbury(sp) Best bond ever!

Timothy dalton was......to much of a pussy to be bond

Brosnen 2nd best: For being the one who got the cockyness right

Connry :Third for being The first

Moore was alright....

George lazenby did a good job of taking over from sean connery, who, lets face it, was james bond. he did a good job and ohmss is a damn good bond film IMO. i think its unfairly criticised for sure

Timothy Dalton did a solid job of making Bond a more serious figure, which to be fair, was needed after some of the roger moore era material.

Brosnan, well, hes pretty good too. maybe a little smarmy, but the films he has done so far have been pretty good, although, "dire" another day was a bit of a mixed bag. certainly the weakest of the four bond films he has done.

Connery is the defining james bond. period.

Roger moore-well i dont have a problem with the guy. i do enjoy the moore era films, they are a good on a rainy depressing day when u need a smile put back on your face. and for your eyes only showed how good he can be at the serious side. a more varied interpretation, yes, and not everyones cup of tea.

can u tell i am a bond fan?

thats my dollars worth. (or should i say 1.50)

Chris411
02-21-2003, 05:23 PM
I loooove bond movies, but I have to say that Die Another Day was probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was so unbelievably corny I was almost crying. James Bond has been dead ever since Tomorrow Never Dies came out- they really seem to have run out of ideas. Pierce Brosnan makes a fine Bond, but it is too bad that the screenwriters give him crap to work with.

AxeDamn
02-21-2003, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by quoth_the_raven

thats my dollars worth. (or should i say 1.50)

Since when has a dollar been worth 1.50?

I really, really wish you guys would get this right.

Just my 2 cents on the matter, or should I say my 1.4p Sterling.

quoth_the_raven
02-22-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by AxeDamn
Since when has a dollar been worth 1.50?

I really, really wish you guys would get this right.

Just my 2 cents on the matter, or should I say my 1.4p Sterling.

ummm, i was sort of messing around. i do that a lot.

second off. i am also sort of English as well... lol.