PDA

View Full Version : most annoying songs

hailtotheking
03-18-2003, 11:44 AM
jesus christ, although they are one of my favorite bands, Jimmy Eat World's 'Sweetness' song is just the most annoying thing i ever heard.,... who the hell thinks they can sell records by saying 'whoaoaowhoaoa'?

Grebdron
03-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Coldplay. Anything by Coldplay. Cheer up, Chris.

And Billy Joe's snotty sounding voice on anything by Green Day. Blow your nose.

And MacArthur Park, by anybody who's covered it. What a stupid song.

bowieee
03-18-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Grebdron

And Billy Joe's snotty sounding voice on anything by Green Day. Blow your nose.

I second the coldplay motion and the bad thing is I can't escape them. I remember a few nights ago they were blaring on the radio and then when I got out of my car ten minutes later they were blaring at the mall. Its satans work dammit.

Corporal_Hicks
03-18-2003, 12:09 PM
99% of rap and R&B
All country music
All pop music
Good Charlotte- Anthem
Project Wyze- Room to Breathe
Blink 182- Rock Show
Sum 41- Still Waiting
Simple Plan- all their shit
Limp Bizkit- Just Drop Dead & My Generation
Chevelle- Red

I'll be back with more.

BorderEevilIII
03-18-2003, 12:14 PM

Hey man! I love that song! True the lyrics are corny. "Someone left the cake out in the rain..... It took so long to bake it. I'll never have that recipie again.... Aaaaaagggaaaaiiinnnnn........
I just havent heard the late Richard Harris version yet:D

Lady Summerisle
03-19-2003, 09:36 AM
That damned cheeky bum song by those Romanian girls.
Ugh, please stop.

MacArthur Park,

Donna Summer or Richard Harris, the cake will stay in the rain.

screamer581
03-19-2003, 09:57 AM
Anything by the pretentious The White Stripes. Also anything by those "pop punk" bands (Sum 41,Good Charlotte, Simple Plan,etc.).

BadCoverVersion
03-19-2003, 10:32 AM
The MOST annoying songs in the world...

Dancing in the Moonlight - Toploader
Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues

Also, anything by Coldplay will do.

screamer581
03-19-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by BadCoverVersion

Haha, just had to sneak that in hey BCV? :) You poor confused souls.

quoth_the_raven
03-19-2003, 10:55 AM
eh coldplay suck.

i really fucking hated the ketchup song though....

MarkItZero
03-19-2003, 11:03 AM
Do you remember

Cotton Eyed Joe

that song was annoying, but I loved it anyway :p

If it hadnt been for cotton eyed joe, id been buried a long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go, blah blah blah cotton eyed joe. hip hip hip hip hip hip hey hip hip hip hip hip hip hey!

charliebobo
03-19-2003, 11:08 AM
The MOST annoying songs in the world...

Dancing in the Moonlight - Toploader

Yes yes yes!

Anyone read Q's articles about this shitty band? Fun stuff...

Jess
03-19-2003, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by bowieee
I second the coldplay motion and the bad thing is I can't escape them. I remember a few nights ago they were blaring on the radio and then when I got out of my car ten minutes later they were blaring at the mall. Its satans work dammit.

Originally posted by quoth_the_raven
eh coldplay suck.

This is not the "Hey, let's bash Coldplay" thread. Jeez, people!

Staying on topic here, remember Eiffel 65? They had extremely annoying songs, especially that one with the singing that no one could decipher..."I'm blue and in need of a guy, in need of a guy...ba dee ba da da..."

screamer581
03-19-2003, 11:34 AM
I know what ya mean Jess, we have 4-5 people that always some how find a way to bash Coldplay, it is actually kinda sad and funny at the same time.

Annie Hall
03-19-2003, 12:00 PM
I am Annie Hall...and I too...enjoy Coldplay now and again. ;)

Now, back on topic...this song is a song I love to hate...and listen to, just to annoy myself

Rock me Amadeus.

R-r-r-rROCK me Amadeuus...Amadeus Amadeus...Amadeus Amadeus...oy vay!

It's bad and good all at the same time.

Annie Hall
03-19-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by hailtotheking
jesus christ, although they are one of my favorite bands, Jimmy Eat World's 'Sweetness' song is just the most annoying thing i ever heard.,... who the hell thinks they can sell records by saying 'whoaoaowhoaoa'?

That song is great for certain moods (for me), and as dry as Jimmy Eat World is in concert (get some charisma, boys!), it's perfect for that setting. Everyone yelling "whooooaoowhoaooa whoa"...fabulous :D

electriclite
03-19-2003, 12:37 PM
And this is why I stopped listening to the radio. However my cousin tends to listen to a lot of crappy R&B groups who I can't stand, #1 offender: anything by B2K.

Also anything by Good Charlotte. Who the hell are these guys and why do they have a recording contract?

Grebdron
03-19-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Jess
This is not the "Hey, let's bash Coldplay" thread. Jeez, people!

No, this is an "annoying songs" thread. And I find anything by Coldplay annoying. That was staying on topic. Jeez.

Annoying songs:

Coldplay-

Don't Panic
Shiver
Spies
Sparks
Yellow
Trouble
Parachutes
High Speed
We Never Change
Everything's Not Lost
A Ghost
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
A Warning Sign
A Whisper
Amsterdam
Animals
Beautiful World
Bigger Stronger
Brothers And Sisters
Careful Where You Stand
Clocks
Daylight
Easy To Please
For You
God Put A Smile Upon Your Face
Gravity
Green Eyes
Harmless
Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Help Is Round The Corner
Huntin High And Low
I Bloom Blaum
I Ran Away
I'll See You Soon
In My Place
In My Place
Ladder To The Sun
Life Is For Living
Murder
No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground
One I Love ( B-Sides)
Only Superstition
Politik
Scientist
See You Soon
Streets Of Baltimore
Such A Rush
The Scientist
Warning Sign
You Only Live Twice

quoth_the_raven
03-19-2003, 12:43 PM
umm, greb thats all of them?

yellow was their one moment of glory. the rest all sucked :)

BadCoverVersion
03-19-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by screamer581
I know what ya mean Jess, we have 4-5 people that always some how find a way to bash Coldplay, it is actually kinda sad and funny at the same time.

Christ mate...

I sincerely don't believe that I'm "bashing" anyone. I NEVER liked 'em from the get-go...seriously, that's my decision, and I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm being completely genuine with you here...when I heard "Yellow" for the very first time, it left a bad taste in my mouth.

You can go have a ball with your Coldplay albums (no sarcasm intended, I mean that)...I'm not stopping ya', and I don't think ANY less of you for it.

It's all about tastes, opinions, affectations...and it'd be a fucking boring planet if we all adored the same bloody thing.

PS: This isn't a personal attack, and the criticism shouldn't "hurt" unless you ARE Coldplay, Chris Martin if you will...in which case, if you are...cheer up love...;), and stop slurring your words.

quoth_the_raven
03-19-2003, 12:54 PM

PS: Chris Martin if you will...in which case, if you are...cheer up love...;), and stop slurring your words.

the truth can so often be painful :D

screamer581
03-19-2003, 01:00 PM
Hey, I know we all have different tastes, and I completely agree that it would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. And who says I am not Chris? :D It just seems like every topic you have seem to diss the guys...but hey, I guess different strokes for different folks you have the right to say what ya think. But enough talk about Coldplay, back to the topic at hand.....man is "The National Anthem" by Good Charlotte annoying!:)

Grebdron
03-19-2003, 01:27 PM
See, this is an "ANNOYING SONGS" thread, and I mentioned that I find everything by Coldplay annoying. It was never off topic until Jess saw fit to take offense that some people find Coldplay annoying.

Yellow grates on my nerves.

Chris Martin grates on my nerves.

They are annoying.

To me.

Sorry Jess and screamer.

Not really.

I'm begging please. Singing.

quoth_the_raven
03-19-2003, 01:29 PM
greb you have a top ten hit there.

incidentally, not everyone can like coldplay. i think they are hugely overrated and managed to release one good song before venturing up their own assholes. and chris martin is so damn miserable...he needs a good slap to wake him up a bit. of course not everyone likes them, and it would be much of a discussion board if we all agreed all the time....

:D

BadCoverVersion
03-19-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by screamer581
Man is "The National Anthem" by Good Charlotte annoying!:)

Good Charlotte irritate me no end...

Even their name is fucking annoying.

Oy Greb, stop the ranting ('tis true mind)...You'll start a bloody riot.

quoth_the_raven
03-19-2003, 01:35 PM
Good Charlotte irritate me no end...

me to. i hate lifestyles of a dick and an anus, or whatever the single was called. :D

MarkItZero
03-19-2003, 02:12 PM
I saw Coldplay in concert last week, and it was a good show.

They are far from music gods, and I could see how some people would not like them. I'm only luke warm on them myself. But the level of hatred they seem to ilicit is puzzling. If you really dislike them so much, why do you feel the need to keep talking about it?

...oh thats right, this is the annoying song thread

if it hadnt been for cotton eyed joe, Id been buried a long time ago, where did you come from, where did you go, blah blah blah cotton eyed joe!

A.J. Hakari
03-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River." Umm, shouldn't your listeners be saying that about your whiny little ballad?

(I'm glad the station just switched to a more variety-filled format, so we don't get this song rolling three times a day.)

Jess
03-19-2003, 06:32 PM
See, this is an "ANNOYING SONGS" thread, and I mentioned that I find everything by Coldplay annoying. It was never off topic until Jess saw fit to take offense that some people find Coldplay annoying.

Yellow grates on my nerves.

Chris Martin grates on my nerves.

They are annoying.

To me.

Sorry Jess and screamer.

Not really.

I'm begging please. Singing.

Hardy har har. The only reason I took offence to all the comments is simply because Coldplay's "my band", you know? And you gotta help out your band. If I were to call someone elses favorite band 'annoying', surely people who enjoy that certain band would find it necessary to comment on it and state their opinion and stick up for them.
But go ahead, find Coldplay annoying. I don't care. I think they're great and I also think we should leave it at that.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!?

Grebdron
03-19-2003, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Jess
Hardy har har. The only reason I took offence to all the comments is simply because Coldplay's "my band", you know? And you gotta help out your band. If I were to call someone elses favorite band 'annoying', surely people who enjoy that certain band would find it necessary to comment on it and state their opinion and stick up for them.
But go ahead, find Coldplay annoying. I don't care. I think they're great and I also think we should leave it at that.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?!?!?!?

It's all good, Jess. Unless you diss Rush.;)

Corporal_Hicks
03-19-2003, 07:08 PM
Anyone here ever heard of the Shawn Desman song Shook? (I know Canadian schmoes do).

Well anyways, it is fucking puke inducing. Horrible just Horrible.

Grim H.
03-19-2003, 07:32 PM
Cher. difinetely Cher

Lady Summerisle
03-19-2003, 08:03 PM
Anything by Shawn Desman is as annoying as a yeast infection.

ED THE SOCK ripped on him on Fromage 2002, and I was happy.

Shawn Desman= Ricky J?

bowieee
03-19-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by MarkItZero
I saw Coldplay in concert last week, and it was a good show.

They are far from music gods, and I could see how some people would not like them. I'm only luke warm on them myself. But the level of hatred they seem to ilicit is puzzling. If you really dislike them so much, why do you feel the need to keep talking about it?

...oh thats right, this is the annoying song thread

if it hadnt been for cotton eyed joe, Id been buried a long time ago, where did you come from, where did you go, blah blah blah cotton eyed joe!

Its not just their lack of talent so much as the constant over playing of their songs. Its like some kind of cursed law that coldplay must air everywhere every ten minutes or so. So my bitching about them comes from constantly being reminded of their shittiness from their over exposure.

Corporal_Hicks
03-19-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Lady Summerisle

Shawn Desman= Ricky J?

Shawn Desman & Ricky J= a pool of feces

quoth_the_raven
03-20-2003, 03:53 AM
It's all good, Jess. Unless you diss Rush.;)

how to annoy greb in one easy lesson.

Rush suck.

utterly.

*this could be painful*

*god i hope he knows i am jestering*

*running to iraq, its probably safer there*

Reigh Kaufman
03-20-2003, 04:00 AM
I'm not jesting. Rush are abysmal. The only people who like their songs are dogs with hearing problems and people like Greb who still think VH1 should be banned because Joan Armatrading 'showed a bit too much ankle'.

Old people, essentially.

Okay, I am only jesting. But not about Rush - they stink:D

quoth_the_raven
03-20-2003, 04:03 AM
Originally posted by Reigh Kaufman
I'm not jesting. Rush are abysmal. The only people who like their songs are dogs with hearing problems and people like Greb who still think VH1 should be banned because Joan Armatrading 'showed a bit too much ankle'.

Old people, essentially.
Okay, I am only jesting. But not about Rush - they stink:D

hmmm old people? i am only 20 and i like Rush. damn. better get myself a pint of real ale, a flat cap and a pipe :D

Reigh Kaufman
03-20-2003, 04:06 AM
You are excused simply by being from Wolverhampton. In Wolverhampton they still run away from the moon, screaming.

Flat cap and pipe? My arse. Skinned cowhide and cudgels.

quoth_the_raven
03-20-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Reigh Kaufman
You are excused simply by being from Wolverhampton. In Wolverhampton they still run away from the moon, screaming.

whats really scary is that the whole of this place is one huge walk in asylum. so, your actually pretty accurate there...

what a shame "bark at the moon" is an alright song, otherwise that would be perfect here :D

Reigh Kaufman
03-20-2003, 04:10 AM
Damn skippy. I have been to the dark side. 'Tis a silly place.

My most annoying song is actually one of my favourites. It's so damn catchy that at T in the Park last year I was singing it at the top of my head.

They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul