PDA

View Full Version : Frailty Questions

malaria
03-19-2003, 09:34 AM
MAJOR ENDING SPOILERS FOR FRAILTY
DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN IT!!!!

Saw this last night.
It had me gripped I'll say that and the whole ride is chock full of suspense, and quite clever .
It's a bit imperfect tho cause it cheats a little to obscure the twist ending and also the twist is a little predictable (except for the FBI agent killing his mum, didn't see that coming!).

1) They should've worked a bit on the scene where the brother "shot himself". Because we're assuming the story he tells all really happened, this scene conflicts with this.
This would've been better: The guy goes for his gun and we CUT TO outside view of house where we HEAR the gunshot so we assume he's killed himself.
We later discover that he knew that his brother was coming to kill him. So after begging his brother to bury him in the rose garden he got the gun to defend himself. The ensuing gunshot was a missed attempt to kill his brother before his brother bludgeoned him.
Maybe this sounds a bit crap to you shmoes but it just nags me a bit that he lied about this.

2) All the demons had committed a sin. But what was the brother's sin? Not coz he told the sheriff or killed the dad surely. I mean if the story is true he was just scared. It's a bit of a plot hole niggly thing that IMO ruins the film a bit.

What do you shmoes think about this and do you have any other questions?

Donnie Darko
03-19-2003, 10:27 AM
I need to re-watch this one, but I don't remember any significant plot holes. All in all it was a phenomenol film.

PapaJupe2k
03-19-2003, 12:27 PM
This one is a little hard to grasp at first, but here's my take.

Spoilers
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************

In response to Malaria's question, the guy at the house in the beginning (Fenton), actually was the God's Hand Killer. His dad saw what he was (a demon) in his youth but he just hadn't evolved into one yet, the angel saw the future but his dad refused to believe. Adam just went about carrying on his dad's work as demon slayer, but couldn't kill Fenton until God had put him on his list. He was indeed protected but God as evidenced in the police surviellence tape where he is just a blur.

XpatrickX
03-19-2003, 01:09 PM
I never did think about it. I guess his brother's sin was the fact that he hated God and refused to pray or something ???

anybodykilla100
03-19-2003, 01:44 PM
This along with the ring were the two best films of last year but yea the part where he shoots his self in the head was a little misleading. It didnt take away from the film though.lata

PapaJupe2k
03-19-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by XpatrickX
I never did think about it. I guess his brother's sin was the fact that he hated God and refused to pray or something ??? Spoilers
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

You sort of missed my point, when McConnahey is telling the story to the FBI man, switch the identity of the brother's, he is the young one, Adam. Fenton's sin was that he was a demon and he grew up to be a serial killer. Adam was sin free, he just killed demon's, such as his brother in the beginning. There's many ways to interpret this however, and I could be way off.:)

malaria
03-19-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by PapaJupe2k
This one is a little hard to grasp at first, but here's my take.

Spoilers
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************

In response to Malaria's question, the guy at the house in the beginning (Fenton), actually was the God's Hand Killer. His dad saw what he was (a demon) in his youth but he just hadn't evolved into one yet, the angel saw the future but his dad refused to believe. Adam just went about carrying on his dad's work as demon slayer, but couldn't kill Fenton until God had put him on his list. He was indeed protected but God as evidenced in the police surviellence tape where he is just a blur.

Thanx PapaJupe2k. Ah yes. I forgot he was the serial killer. That takes care of point 2 anyway. Cheers!

Trash Bag Man
03-19-2003, 06:38 PM
good movie..
malaria, cant read anything you said.

malaria
03-19-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Trash Bag Man
good movie..
malaria, cant read anything you said.

You gotta highlight it to read it coz it contains spoilers.