PDA

View Full Version : I LIKE Justin Timberlake. How do YOU feel about Jacko's MINE-ME!?

BadCoverVersion
04-09-2003, 07:35 PM
Fuck, I like him...

The tunes are funky, catchy...without being overly commercial.

I actually admire the lad. He looks up to old-skool Jacko and he's doing his business!!!

He's good-looking, he's got an extremely decent set of pipes on him....and heeeeeeeeeeey...

Who got da' funk!?

notchreturns
04-09-2003, 07:58 PM
... but he was in N' Sync and got to bang Spears while us jealous perverts sat and watched. For that, he will forever be King Of The Noobs in my mind.

But he does have some singing talent, and I gotta admire his balls to get up there and dance (anyother white boy would look incredibly zombie-ish)... so yeah, he's The Prince Of The Noobs, he's not Noobish enough to be King. That ward goes to Joey FATone or whatever his name is...

loserkid
04-09-2003, 09:55 PM
I'll admit it...I have the cd...I'll say it again..i have the justin timberlake cd...I think it's very good...he's very talented

SLAW
04-09-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by BadCoverVersion
Fuck, I like him...

The tunes are funky, catchy...without being overly commercial.

I actually admire the lad. He looks up to old-skool Jacko and he's doing his business!!!

He's good-looking, he's got an extremely decent set of pipes on him....and heeeeeeeeeeey...

Who got da' funk!?

BCV? :(

flowrchild
04-10-2003, 12:12 AM
I am not a fan of Justin Timberlake's new music. All his songs sound synthesized and grating on my ears. But I will admit I do like a few songs from when he was in Nsync.

*dodges bullets*

electriclite
04-10-2003, 12:32 AM
So wait, if he's the "New Micheal Jackson" and he's white, does that mean that he's gonna gradually start turning black because of some "rare skin disorder" too?;)

Kim_EZ
04-10-2003, 03:00 AM
I think his solo album and songs are pretty good. A good album (granted the songs reflect his break-up way too much).

Justin himself is okay. He's a good dancer, has a better voice and he has sex appeal.

Psychocandy
04-10-2003, 03:43 AM
I've only head Cry Me A River and (swallows pride) it's a fucking good song. I'd like to hear more.

quoth_the_raven
04-10-2003, 04:21 AM
i too am going to have to swallow a whole lot of pride here and admit that...

The boy done good. its not really my thing, but i do like his funky, catchy little tunes...

i hope he keeps it up. hes putting out some good stuff..

*runs off to cradle his rock cd's*

BakeTheMooCow
04-10-2003, 04:50 AM
Try as I might, I can't seperate him from his N*Sync persona. His one song was merely decent, but it got too much airplay and pretty soon it was like fingernails on a blackboard for me. I haven't heard any other songs but I'm willing to bet my entire CD collection there's a few ballads in there, some fast numbers, some 'fun' songs.. all mixed well to appeal to everyone. Maybe its the manufactured generic heavily-marketed image, the screaming twelve year-old girls or the thieving of Michael Jackson's musical style.. I don't like him.

Be original, be true to yourself.. don't be a sheep because the masses demand it.

BorderEevilIII
04-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Theres a FEW songs I like on "Justified",well "2" to be exact. His solo effort does sound like if Michael Jackson was white. Anyway, I do prefer him w/ the boyz as N'Sync.:D

Heavenley
04-10-2003, 09:58 AM
He's a great dancer and he's cute! ;)

BadCoverVersion
04-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BorderEevilIII
His solo effort does sound like if Michael Jackson was white.

Deary me.

Can anybody else see what is wrong with this sentence?

;)

bowieee
04-10-2003, 11:20 AM
Let the complimentary stoning begin!

BadCoverVersion
04-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by bowieee
Let the complimentary stoning begin!

I sense that you don't really dig our Just'...:)

BorderEevilIII
04-10-2003, 11:23 AM
Deary me.

Can anybody else see what is wrong with this sentence?

;)
And whats wrong w/ my statement BCV? Seems like I will be avoiding Music now since my statement is being viewed as idotic.

Bullet Tooth Tony
04-10-2003, 12:55 PM
I liked his first single, had a good beat.

Not my cup of tea but good luck to the guy...:Gulp:

Voodoodoll
04-10-2003, 01:00 PM
The past couple of years I've been taking serious amounts of stick for owning the last two 'nsync albums, while maintaining they're good lads and a couple have talent. I'm glad his solo stuff is doing so well it stops the name-calling :D

Droog989
04-10-2003, 02:18 PM
The trend continues even on this site.....

I've noticed a large number of people who aren't generally boy-band pop song fans are enjoying Timberlakes stuff (myself included). Had to swallow a lot of pride to admit all that, but what can I say? If i like something i like it, no two ways about it

Psychocandy
04-10-2003, 02:37 PM
And whats wrong w/ my statement BCV? Seems like I will be avoiding Music now since my statement is being viewed as idotic.

It was just a joke...she was having a bit of a laugh because you said "His solo effort does sound like if Michael Jackson was white." It's funny because to all intents and purposes Michael Jackson is white. :)

BorderEevilIII
04-10-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Psychocandy
It was just a joke...she was having a bit of a laugh because you said "His solo effort does sound like if Michael Jackson was white." It's funny because to all intents and purposes Michael Jackson is white. :) U DO Have a point but when no statements appeared after I felt like I was being viewed as an asshole for making a statement like that...oh well
(quietly exits out........)

scottish-movie-freak
04-10-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by flowrchild
I am not a fan of Justin Timberlake's new music. All his songs sound synthesized and grating on my ears. But I will admit I do like a few songs from when he was in Nsync.

*dodges bullets*

Thats nothing to be ashamed of Flowr! That dirty Pop song was actually quite catchy! But Justin on his own, the whole concept is distinctly....eh. Cry Me A River is so so but the Like I Love Ya song is horrible. I feel like scratching my eyes out with a blunt spoon (:D) everytime I hear that tune.

BadCoverVersion
04-10-2003, 06:07 PM
U DO Have a point but when no statements appeared after I felt like I was being viewed as an asshole for making a statement like that...oh well
(quietly exits out........)

Psychocandy was spot-on mate...I wasn't having a laugh at YOUR expense (hence the cheeky wink at the end of my post), you've got to admit that Jacko is looking a bit pale of late...;)

Apologies if I caused any offence.

:)

The Postmaster General
04-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Whoa! Funny stuff all around!!

Man, you can like whomever shakes your thing. I admit that I've actually avoided hearing or seeing the guy. I couldn't tell you which one he was in a line-up.

Hell, I like Lionel Ritchie.

It takes a little bit of everything to get the whole world to shake it's ass. Don't slight the groove, eh?

Rock on, and rock out!

Go BCV! Swing that music rainbow, baby!

BadCoverVersion
04-10-2003, 06:28 PM
But I will admit I do like a few songs from when he was in Nsync.

*dodges bullets*

Don't be ashamed Flowr, we all have our weaknesses.

Pop was most excellent...:)

Do-You ever wonder why,
This music gets you high...It takes you on a ride...
Feel-It-When-Your body starts to rock,
Baby you can't stop...
And the music's all you got (C'mon now)
This must be...

P-P-P-P-Pop...Dirty Pop...Baby, baby, you can't stop.
I know you like this Dirty Pop...

Hey hey hey-diddly hey...I'm dancing around me bloody handbag I am.

BorderEevilIII
04-10-2003, 08:20 PM
Psychocandy was spot-on mate...I wasn't having a laugh at YOUR expense (hence the cheeky wink at the end of my post), you've got to admit that Jacko is looking a bit pale of late...;)

Apologies if I caused any offence.

:)

Oh Ok I overlooked the winking-->;)

flowrchild
04-10-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by scottish-movie-freak
Thats nothing to be ashamed of Flowr! That dirty Pop song was actually quite catchy! But Justin on his own, the whole concept is distinctly....eh. Cry Me A River is so so but the Like I Love Ya song is horrible. I feel like scratching my eyes out with a blunt spoon (:D) everytime I hear that tune.

Don't be ashamed Flowr, we all have our weaknesses.

Pop was most excellent...:)

Do-You ever wonder why,
This music gets you high...It takes you on a ride...
Feel-It-When-Your body starts to rock,
Baby you can't stop...
And the music's all you got (C'mon now)
This must be...

P-P-P-P-Pop...Dirty Pop...Baby, baby, you can't stop.
I know you like this Dirty Pop...

Hey hey hey-diddly hey...I'm dancing around me bloody handbag I am.

Thanks guys, you got me feeling all warm and mushy and supported. But would you guys still say that if you knew that I had their first album and would often listen to it on the way to my job (1.5 hour commute each way by bus) a couple of years ago, to pass the time quickly?

*dodges bullets, again*

Annie Hall
04-10-2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys, you got me feeling all warm and mushy and supported. But would you guys still say that if you knew that I had their first album and would often listen to it on the way to my job (1.5 hour commute each way by bus) a couple of years ago, to pass the time quickly?

*dodges bullets, again*

I...too liked Nsync. Tearing Up My Heart...THAT is catchy shite!

flowrchild
04-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Annie Hall
I...too liked Nsync. Tearing Up My Heart...THAT is catchy shite!

Yes, yes it is! "And tell me what to do nowwww, when I want- you- baaack"

Such fun tunes. Oh the embarrasment.

areyoubeingserved
04-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I've heard the first single... funky as shit, excellent beat... but I don't think its a matter of liking Justin Timberlake, rather the producing of the Neptunes and the collaboration.

Don't care for Cry me a River though.

The idea of the "white Michael Jackson" is a little silly. What's up next? Nick Carter as the heterosexual and, err, male K.D. Lang?

BakeTheMooCow
04-11-2003, 01:14 AM
What is with all the love for N*Sync? :confused:

You people are fuckin' SCARING me

You too, Annie??!?

FilmBuff84
04-11-2003, 01:58 AM
I have the Justifed CD and it aint too shabby. Good to see that i'm not the only one who likes his music. And on that, his song with Nelly, Work It, is pretty cool and is accompanied a pretty funny video.

quoth_the_raven
04-11-2003, 06:03 AM
i will say it again now, as we have a sense of musical honesty going on here, that i, Christopher "qtr" not-telling-you-my-surname of wolverhampton, england, like justin timberlake. so there. i admit it. do your worst!!!!

Annie Hall
04-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BakeTheMooCow

You too, Annie??!? '

Now now, Bake, calm yourself. I don't pop in N*sync nowadays and dance round my room. Out of fairness to my name...I *was* 9 years old....but....I cannot deny that they were catchy. Good? Not really...but catchy.

flowrchild
04-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by BakeTheMooCow

You too, Annie??!?

The guy with the American Psycho avatar shouldn't be too frightened of us innocent occasional-Nsync-song likers ;)

Mick
04-11-2003, 06:23 PM
I don't mind his songs too much (ie, I don't switch radio station whenever he comes on), but I still hate him. Fucking chimp. He might not've been on a Pop Idol-esque program, but he's still in the same category as Gareth Gates et al as far as talent is concerned.

The main reason that I hate him is that he agreed to star in "New Kids On The Blecch" and for that I hope he burns in hell. And to be honest I'm pretty fucking sick of Cry Me A River.

NuclearMisfit
04-11-2003, 07:31 PM
I like the one song he does now called "Rock Your Body" the chicks in the video are so hot! and the song makes me shake my booty.

BakeTheMooCow
04-13-2003, 02:03 AM
The guy with the American Psycho avatar shouldn't be too frightened of us innocent occasional-Nsync-song likers ;) Keaton always said: "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is an innocent occasional-Nsync-song liker.