View Full Version : L7

04-25-2003, 11:19 PM
Anyone remember these gals?
I dug out their albums "Bricks Are Heavy" and "Hungery For Stink" the other day. They were pretty good. "Bricks Are Heavy", in particular, has a lot of good stuff on it.

I know they had at least one more album after "Stink", called "Beauty Process" or something akin.
Was that record any good?
Did they break up after that?

Cabrini Green
04-25-2003, 11:34 PM
They did have another album after Beauty Process called Slap Happy but I like their earlier material more. I listened to them alot in the early ninties. They put on great concerts so I've read. "Pretend Were Dead" is a classic track, and of course "Shitlist" played in that bar scene in NATURAL BORN KILLERS.

04-25-2003, 11:50 PM
Yeah, "Shitlist" was great in that scene. A great 'theme' for Juliette Lewis` character.
Weren`t they in the John Waters movie "Serial Mom"? I just remembered that.

Cabrini Green
04-26-2003, 12:18 AM
Yeah they were in SERIAL MOM, I don't remember much about that movie though.
To answer that previous question Slap Happy was released in 1999 and they were down to three band members - Donita, Suzi, and Dee. I don't know what they were up to since then. Both 'Beauty Process" And "Slap Happy" are less polished/mainstream then their breakout "Bricks" leading to less sales but each album has some unique tracks that you could probably mistake for their early albums. I guess you can't accuse them of selling out since they went back to their roots after that semi-success instead of staying on that path. L7 is a pretty solid band me thinks.

04-26-2003, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Elgyn
Weren`t they in the John Waters movie "Serial Mom"? I just remembered that.

Like Cabrini said, they were in
Serial Mom, but they went under
the name of Camel Lips in the movie.

L7 is a great band, I really dug
their music alot.

04-26-2003, 10:58 AM
I remember reading something about Jennifer Finch publicly and verry strongly coming on to Peppers' Anthony Kedis all the time.

L7 are okay. I only got into them cause I was a Masssssive Hole fan for a while. Finch, Love and two members from Babes In Toyland actually worked as freelance journalists and hung out back in the eighties. You'll notice a lot of similarities in their lyrics, too.. especially Kat Bjelland's and Courteney Love's..

The first song on Hungry For Stink was my favorite.. I think it was called Andres? either way.. hot ladies in Ramones Tees is always a fun sight.

04-26-2003, 10:12 PM
Yeah that song`s called "Andres".
You`re referring to the video right?

04-26-2003, 10:15 PM
I've actually never seen a Video for an L7 song.. But they ALLLLWAYS wear ramones Tees.. that and their penchant for removing tampons onstage is a bit of a trademark for them.. a creepy one, but all the same..