PDA

View Full Version : Lee Hazlewood

Psychocandy
07-06-2003, 05:42 AM
Ok. I'm finally taking steps to check out some of Lee Hazlewood's stuff. I've been meaning to for a long time because he's one of the long list of noted influences on my favorite band The Jesus & Mary Chain (they even did a great cover of his quite brilliant 'I'm Glad I Never'). I've downloaded a whole bunch of tracks and i've been blown away by every one of them so far. This is really, really fucking good stuff. I'm utterly gobsmacked and pissed off that I didn't check him out before. So...are there any fans among y'all schmoes. Any recommendations with regards to what I should check out first? What should I avoid?

Oh...and BCV, Bowiee and any of the other Scott Walker fans. You should check this guy out if you haven't already. His stuff would appeal to Scott Walker fans.

Psychocandy
07-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Nobody? :eek:

bowieee
07-07-2003, 08:22 PM
~I'm on this like stink on poo will come back to report

bowieee
07-07-2003, 08:36 PM
Wow. I really like this stuff. I got alot of hits with nancy sinatra collaborating with him as well as his solo stuff. I liked it all. Looks like I'm diving deeper in :)

BadCoverVersion
07-09-2003, 02:32 PM
I'm going to download this Mofo.

:)

Psychocandy
07-09-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BadCoverVersion
I'm going to download this Mofo.

:)

I'm 100% certain that you will dig this guy...BIG TIME. I'm off to Amazon to order a couple of his CDs.

Psychocandy
07-09-2003, 04:01 PM
Just found something pretty damn interesting whilst fishing for Lee Hazlewood albums over at Amazon. Check this out. BCV...track 8...

Total Lee - The Songs of Lee Hazlewood

1. Iím Glad I Never - Lambchop
2. Come On Home To Me - Madrugada
3. Some Velvet Morning - The Webb Brothers
4. Sundown, Sundown - Calexico feat. Valerie Leulliot
5. Sleep In The Grass - Jonny Dowd
6. Got It Together Again - St Etienne
7. The Railroad - St Thomas
8. A Cheat - Jarvis Cocker & Richard Hawley
9. No Train To Stockholm - Erlend Oye
10. Soulís Island - The Amazing Pilots
11. Easy & Me - Kathryn Williams
12. My Autumnís Done Come - Tindersticks
13. We All Make The Little Flowers Grow - Stephen Jones & Luke Scott
14. Sand - Calvin Johnson & Mark Pickerel
15. Summer Wine - Evan Dando & Sabrina Brooke
16. If Itís Monday Morning - Kid Loco feat. Tim Keegan

I wan't to hear all of these songs sung by Lee before I buy this. I think it's a definite future purchase though.

BadCoverVersion
07-09-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Psychocandy
8. A Cheat - Jarvis Cocker & Richard Hawley

:o

I knew that name was familiar!!!

Bloody Hell...

I downloaded that track eons ago, it's on one of my many CD's jampacked full of random Pulpy songs/collaborations and the like...and it's marvellous...really off-the-wall, funky and tinny sounding.

I've gotta get me a slice of this guy NOW.

Ladybird, Muddy Muddy River and These Boots are Made For Walking have downloaded thus far...I shall return when I've had a good listen.

AppleHuntr
07-12-2003, 04:34 PM
the only song ive heard is "some velvet morning" with nancy sinatra. I downloaded right after I saw the trailer for the movie Morvern Callar in which it appeared. i since have seen the movie and its use is the best part, me and my friends gave each other knowing smiles when it came on.