PDA

View Full Version : I want my fucking MAY soundtrack!

Mike
07-08-2003, 02:21 PM
DAMN IT! What's going on with this? I've heard the soundtrack is excellent, and the song I heard in a clip on Ebert & Roeper sounded pretty damn kick ass.

I got this from: http://cold-winds.org/fofh/maymain2.html

This is the information page. There are no plans for a soundtrack to be released anytime soon, if ever. But here is information regarding the music that appeared in the film (this is not including the music heard in the Lions Gate trailer). This informtion was used with premission from The Official Unofficial May Site.

THE MUSIC SUPERVISOR/COMPOSER: Jaye Barnes-Luckett
Parallel to May's primary hobby of making her own clothes and such, a great deal of the soundtrack too is a patchwork of themes. Often intertwining two or more themes into a new one. Left to this job was Jaye Barnes-Luckett of Alien Tempo Experiment 13 (ATE 13), who composed and peformed the original score (with special guests), along with some ATE 13 songs. The Soundtrack was nominated for Best Soundtrack at the 2002 Sitges Film Festival in Sitges, Spain.

Barnes-Luckett also supervised the soundtrack, including some of both Lucky and her favorite bands (several of them friends) who appear on the soundtrack. The soundtrack was compiled and the original portions recorded in 6 days.

MUSIC CREW:
Music Director: Jaye Barnes-Luckett
Special Clearances: John Veague
Composer: Jaye Barnes-Luckett
Technical Assistance: Casey Dunmore
Engineer: Angelo Metz

ORIGINAL SCORE:
"Deviation on a Theme: Stitch", "Deviation on a Theme: Slumber", "Deviation on a Theme: Kiss", "Deviation on a Theme: Shatter", "Deviation on a Theme: Construction" all written and preformed by the talented Jaye Barnes-Luckett.
Additional Performers: Angelo Metz (guitars, percussion, keyboard, programming, editing), Claudia Schwartz (vocals), Angela Bettis (vocals) Arranger/Producer: Jaye Barnes-Luckett & Angelo Metz.

Soundtrack Songs: "Prowler", "Made To Love You", "Autopheresis", "Frox", "Weighting", "New Year's Evil", "Half-Sick of Shadows" written by Jaye Barnes-Luckett and performed by Alien Tempo Experiment 13 (ATE 13).

"September Bossa"
written by Angelo Metz
performed by Angelo Metz

"Do You Love Me Now?"
written by Kim Deal and Kelley Deal
Performed by The Breeders

"Where Did The Home Team Go?"
written by Kelley Deal
Performed by The Kelley Deal 6000

"When He Calls Me Kitten"
written by Kelley Deal
Performed by The Kelley Deal 6000

"Hanky Panky"
written by Barry/Greenwich
Performed by Tommy James and The Shondells

"Oh"
written by Kim Deal
Performed by The Breeders

"The Propeller Plane Crash"
written by H Is Orange
performed by H Is Orange

"Waiting For Tomorrow"
written by Max Batista/Thrill My Wife
Peformed by Thrill My Wife

High Wire Walking (aka "#2")
Written by Dax Diaz
Performed by Strangels

"Hot Little Hands"
written by Michael Rings
Performed by The Wedding's Off

They say there's no soundtrack, yet I saw a contest at a site where you could win the MAY soundtrack. However, it's not listed at amazon.com or half.com or anywhere. I'm sure after watching the movie I will want the soundtrack. Even They got a fucking soundtrack, granted, only 500 copies or so were released, but if They can get one, why not MAY?

I want a MAY soundtrack! Does anyone have any info about this? Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Scarface98.9
07-08-2003, 10:15 PM
I'm not surprised at all by this move. The movie didn't get a wide release, it didn't make much money, and barely anyone has heard of it, outside of the message board community. So making a soundtrack for a movie that no one's heard of isn't a news flash. In the case of They, that movie got a wide release and was expected to make money, hence a soundtrack, even in a limited release

AppleHuntr
07-08-2003, 10:57 PM
Lion's Gate has no plans to release a soundtrack (although they should seriously reconsider) but the composer of May, Jaye Barnes-Luckett, will SEND YOU A COPY if you write and request it. information on how to do so is in this post over at the message board at her site at www.golittlerecords.com. The post is at

http://golittlerecords.community.everyone.net/community/scripts/thread.pl

EDIT: i just tried the link and it didnt exactly work for me.It led to an error age, just click on directory, then the May message board, its under the post "youll never guess what im maaaaking...."
END OF EDIT

The music yer probably referring to (intercutting between May on the phone an putting on make-up, a killer scene) is Alien Tempo Experiment 13 (Barnes-Lucketts alias, basically) and is called "New Years Evil" and is available to hear over at the site under Alien's section.

I'd ask for a copy but I'm not really sure how to do it, with all the shipping and stuff, and I sort of have this phobia about buying or whatnot on the net
:rolleyes:

i think i actually might look into it though i'd be great to have a copy.

Mike
07-09-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Scarface98.9
In the case of They, that movie got a wide release and was expected to make money, hence a soundtrack, even in a limited release

The soundtrack for THEY never even got made until it was out of theaters. And it only had around 500 copies made. They could still do the same thing with MAY. I don't see why they don't. It's definitely going to become a cult classic and I'm sure there's a lot of people that would love the soundtrack. Hell, even some STV movies get soundtracks.

Originally posted by AppleHuntr
The music yer probably referring to (intercutting between May on the phone an putting on make-up, a killer scene) is Alien Tempo Experiment 13 (Barnes-Lucketts alias, basically) and is called "New Years Evil" and is available to hear over at the site under Alien's section.

Thank you so much for the help! And you're right, that's the kickass song I heard.

Mike
07-09-2003, 11:43 PM
Here's a link to an interview by Arrow with Jaye Barnes-Luckett.

http://www.joblo.com/arrow/interview83.htm

I thought it was pretty interesting. Jaye sounds really cool and down-to-earth and hopefully she sees a lot of success. From the part of the song I heard on Ebert & Roeper, she seems to be very talented. I'm dying to get my hands on the soundtrack.

I did e-mail her and see how I could go about getting a copy. I haven't heard anything back yet though.

Man, it's funny, I'm so friggin' obsessed with this movie and I haven't even seen it yet. I absolutely CAN'T wait though. To hold me over I've been reading all kinds of stuff about it on the net, and been reading stuff at the Go Little Records site. I'm probably going to join the message board so I can talk about MAY with other people that wan't to talk about MAY.

AppleHuntr
07-10-2003, 03:36 PM
ok, just about the coolest thing happened. I wrote to May composer Jaye Barnes-Luckett to ask how to get a copy of the soundtrack, and she said shed mail it to me for free! no 2 dollar charge for me! i am the one who told her about May in Minneapolis and the contest goin on over here at Joblo.com so she just said for me to give her my address and she'll mail it to me next week! for bein so "helpful" (im touched). i know it was only 2 bucks originally to pay for shipping or whatnot, and that shows how friggin cool this women is, but im still so grateful.

its still very surprising how involved she is with fans, not just responding but really going the extra mile to show us her appreciation is, again, frggin' cool.

Mike
07-11-2003, 02:47 PM
I know! She seems really kick ass! She communicates with the fans and everything. It's so great.

That's cool that you are getting a copy of the soundtrack! I need a copy. I'm dying for one. I'm MAY crazy right now.