PDA

View Full Version : Identity DVD

Cipher Jo
08-28-2003, 04:46 PM
Hey everyone, just checked out Identity DVD last night. (I work at Hollywood Vid). First off, I hadn't seen the film.

The animated menu grabbed me right off the bat. Very atmospheric and cool. I got that Psycho vibe from it. This DVD gives you a ton of choices. You can view it in full or wide screen and pick the theatrical cut or the extended branching version! Of course, I started with the theatrical cut and loved it. My only beef with this movie is about 5min near the end. Otherwise great movie with performances you'd expect. Loved the "laundery scene". 4/5

There's a trailer on there, decent commentary, and a Starz behind the scenes bit that's decent. The deleted scenes are worth watching because they provide some extra "meat" in places that, personally make the story more cohesive, but that's just me. For instance (for those who have seen it), there's a deleted scene of Cusack searching for his movie star and he looks in the shower and sees some hooks, which later he finds it near the laundrey room;)

I'll update you on the extended version with alternate ending tonight as I have to work;( So far this dvd gets a 4/5

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00008EY9G.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

El Bracamonti
08-28-2003, 05:12 PM
i'll definitely be renting this one. i haven't seen it, but i heard it was awesome.

CyclicNightmare
08-28-2003, 05:22 PM
One of my all-time favorites actually. It wasn't a complete Ten Little Indians knockoff as I expected, which both added and took away from my experience of the film. At first I was expecting it to follow pretty closely to the 10 strangers, all connected theme. Then when things turned out to be not what they seemed, let's say, I was somewhat dissappointed. Upon my second viewing however, I admired the film for not going in the same direction as Ten Little Indians. All of the elements are here: great setting, mood, characters, acting, and script. I'm looking forward to what the alternate version has in store.

Slim_JGE
08-28-2003, 06:44 PM
I'll be checking this one out. Love Liotta and Cusack, and I've heard a lot of good things about the theatrical release. Sounds like the DVD offers a lot too though.

Sad man
08-28-2003, 07:39 PM
This movie is opening next week here and I'll definitely see it. Looks great. I see they changed the DBD cover...

JCPhoenix
08-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Fantastic movie, saw it in theatres earlier this year. I love how the cleverness of the entire thing, and my favorite part is when they do a Snatch-style scene (the part where they show the different people and how they get to the motel)...

My only problem was the fact that the ending is extremely predictable (at least it works tho), other than that, it's all good.

Oh, and if anyone has this dvd, and it has the tv spots, watch them closely...it reveals the ending in them! I came back from seeing the movie and i saw the ending revealed, and if anyone watched closely during the tv spots, you would know what happens.

8/10...

I want the dvd, but damn i wish they used the original cover. I extremely dislike this one.

ChicoCahill
08-28-2003, 09:51 PM
i also checked out the dvd, didn't really care for it. The ending is pretty stupid. But the menus were nice except for the fact that if you pick to watch one version you can' go back to switch it in the menu.

Cipher Jo
08-29-2003, 02:46 PM
Here with an update. The branching extended version doesn't have a whole lot to it. Not much is different. I also agree that a better cover is in order, but no what you see is what you get

Raymond Babbit
08-29-2003, 05:42 PM
Stupid question, but is this DVD already out? Cause if it is, I'm gettin it. But I thought it wasn't out yet.

Cronos
08-29-2003, 06:08 PM
yeah its out, ill be ordering this, i really liked the film, i didnt intend on seeing it but there was nothing else on at the time

its a great film that kept me guessing nearly to the end

8/10

Dexter
08-29-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Raymond Babbit
Stupid question, but is this DVD already out? Cause if it is, I'm gettin it. But I thought it wasn't out yet.
It's out the second of may.

Shockwave
08-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Its a great movie but i liked the Handprint image better for the cover, that had to be the best poster for a movie ive seen this year!:cool:

CyclicNightmare
08-30-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Dexter
It's out the second of may.

I don't know what country Wisconsin is in, but here in the United States the DVD is released on September 2nd. FYI, the movie was released theatrically here in the States on April 25th I believe.

EDsoulsurvive*
08-30-2003, 07:12 PM
i dont really want it ruined for me but what was the new ending like? was there a new "killer"? (just yes or a no will do)

thanx in advance

Mikey2Dope
08-31-2003, 02:21 AM
Could you please PM me the alternate ending? I'm very intrigued as to what it could be.

Alkaline Budds
09-01-2003, 10:35 PM
im def gettin this tomorrow, it was a great, suspenseful movie. cool throughout, and awesome perfromances.

ZombieMonkey
09-02-2003, 11:02 AM
I missed seeing this multiple times in the theater, definitely picking it up for the good price at Best Buy today.

Country1969
09-05-2003, 12:09 AM
I rented this movie tonight. I thought it was very good. Just wish a few things were different.

RavenBlade
09-05-2003, 08:39 AM
Is anyone else having a hard time accessing the branched version?,
everytime I go and click on the branched version, I get the theatrical cut.

Did they miss link them by accident?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Raven

rtatick
09-05-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by RavenBlade
Is anyone else having a hard time accessing the branched version?,
everytime I go and click on the branched version, I get the theatrical cut.

Did they miss link them by accident?

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Raven

I haven't had any trouble. But I haven't had the patience to sit down and watch the whole thing, so it may mess up later in the branched version, but it did play one of the deleted scenes.

Also... Can some post or PM me with the differences between the original ending and the "new" ending? If it's just some editing changes (which I think it is), I would hardly call it alternate. I watched some it through fast-forward and didn't notice any real differences except for:

**SPOILERS**

There were shots of his actual self in the ending montage revealing the true killer

***END SPOILERS***

Cipher Jo
09-05-2003, 12:42 PM
That's about it

rtatick
09-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Cipher Jo
That's about it

Damn... Talk about a dissapointing "alternate ending"!

Friggin Jawas
09-11-2003, 11:52 AM
the branched version aint working for me either, doesnt it include all the deleted scenes?

jackson13
09-12-2003, 02:19 PM
Where is the alternate ending? I watched it today and then when it was over I went to the special features and couldnt find it. I looked in deleted scenes, not there. The movie goes back today, but I plan on buying it because i loved it in theaters and at home, so I will watch the deleted scenes and everything once I buy it. But where is the alternate ending?

rtatick
09-12-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by jackson13
Where is the alternate ending? I watched it today and then when it was over I went to the special features and couldnt find it. I looked in deleted scenes, not there. The movie goes back today, but I plan on buying it because i loved it in theaters and at home, so I will watch the deleted scenes and everything once I buy it. But where is the alternate ending?

You can only see it if you watch the extended version. I wouldn't call it an "Alternate Ending" so much as an "Alternately Edited Ending". Nothing really to worry about. If you want specifics, just PM me or something.

jackson13
09-13-2003, 10:57 AM
So how do I watch the extended version? Is it on the dvd? I just put the dvd in, hit play (fullscreen) and that was it. I didnt even see a 'extended version' option on there.

rtatick
09-13-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by jackson13
So how do I watch the extended version? Is it on the dvd? I just put the dvd in, hit play (fullscreen) and that was it. I didnt even see a 'extended version' option on there.

Try Widescreen. When I hit Widescreen I get a choice between the theatrical version and the extended version.

Mike
12-29-2003, 08:08 AM
No way! It's not fair, Region 2 gets the theatrical poster for the cover art. It looks pretty slick.

You can see it here: http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=2830&n=2&burl=r%3D0%26s%3D1%26n%3D2

I don't mind the cover art for the Region 1 though. Of course, the main reason I like it is because of the black and blue colors, which is perfect for the movie. If you took the theatrical poster and put the blue/black background on it, with the white hand (or maybe even a red hand), that would look pretty badass. Too bad we can't make our own cover arts for movies.

Sad man
12-29-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike
No way! It's not fair, Region 2 gets the theatrical poster for the cover art. It looks pretty slick.

Yay! That means that the DVD here will have the same cover. Good news. :)

Mike
12-31-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Sad man
Good news. :)

Yeah, for you :p ;)...